Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Venerando
Last Name
Battad
Member #

Hello. New Member here. New to off-roading and overlanding. I never knew a world of overlanding existed and I found out that I have a deep passion for it. Looking forward to more overlanding adventures ahead. I currently have an 2018 4runner off-road premium with Rhino rack backbone roof rack, Bilstein 5160/6112 combo, 275/70/17 KO2. Future mods include SSO slimline front bumper, Wilco high profile back hitch, RSG sliders, RCI Skids, Winch and more LED lighting. I am looking forward to being part of an awesome overlanding community. Adventure is truly necessary.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Nice. I also have a Land Rover. 1967 Series IIA 109 that's in the shop, can't find break parts anymore.
Take you brake shoes to a NAPA store and if they cant find a match they will reline your brake shoes or tell you someone who can. It is not a difficult undertaking. Wheel cylinders can also be swapped for like cylinders from other makes if you have a good mechanic who knows his stuff. You can also convert to disk brakes from the aftermarket people or possibly from the early discovery 2 units. We also have some very knowing members with the series II who just may help you. Post a help notice in the Overland build thread at the bottom of this page. Good luck..Lanlubber

firemen7

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
McLaren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EBY
Service Branch
Firefighter/Paramedi
Hi all, an old guy here and new member. We upgraded last July to a 2018 Silverado 1500 4X4 with a new Fourwheel Camper. We have enjoyed 4X4 exploration for several years, however, I’m not the rock crawler type nor is our rig setup for that type of wheeling. We do enjoy wilderness areas and places off the beaten path.

Attachments

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Hello,

New to the overland community, I enjoy the out doors and love protecting our natural resources. Not sure what my experience level is....I’ve spent many nights sleeping under the stars, and in cold/heat /rain, ect. I spend a great deal of time off road, and want to do that more. ive never really labeled any of that over landing, of course back when I spent the most time under the stars it was via some trusty old boots and wasn’t necessarily vehicle dependent although many times I wish it was, just an old ground pounder. Anyway I’m looking forward to getting my family more connected with nature. I drive an old f-150 ‘05 that just turned 190k that I’ll be looking to build on a budget to accommodate my wife, 3 kiddos and me.

Dodg3Ram

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Chehalis, WA, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Howdy, New to the Overland Bound Community. But love the Great Outdoors. Have always enjoyed camping, my truck has gone every where with me so I decided one day to just completely combine the 2. So now I'm slowly building my truck. I have A 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2l v8 with 307,000 miles on original engine and transmission. The truck currently has a 5inch suspension lift sitting on A set of 35's Toyo MT's

Attachments

tireguy43

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Box Elder, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello everyone. I just moved to South Dakota from Northern Colorado to go to school. I have a 17 taco. I have been off roading before but am no expert by any means and am always wanting to learn more. Love being outdoors and camp and explore the world around me. I am hoping to meet new people to get out and explore with. Am new to the overland world. I am however excited to learn.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jason here from Central Indiana. I am setting up my 14 Tundra for Overlanding. While I'm not new to off road adventures, I am new to the Overlanding Community. Looking forward to getting more involved in this community!View attachment 98403
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally,
Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Thats a fancy shield on your lid.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I just moved to South Dakota from Northern Colorado to go to school. I have a 17 taco. I have been off roading before but am no expert by any means and am always wanting to learn more. Love being outdoors and camp and explore the world around me. I am hoping to meet new people to get out and explore with. Am new to the overland world. I am however excited to learn.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy, New to the Overland Bound Community. But love the Great Outdoors. Have always enjoyed camping, my truck has gone every where with me so I decided one day to just completely combine the 2. So now I'm slowly building my truck. I have A 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2l v8 with 307,000 miles on original engine and transmission. The truck currently has a 5inch suspension lift sitting on A set of 35's Toyo MT's

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys,

Newbie to OB. Been 4x4ing for 30 plus years in the mountains of NH and beaches of Cape Cod. Had Jeeps CJs, Cherokee, Tacoma and currently a 2010 Tundra TRD-oh and my army-issued Humvee back in the 90s (she leaked when it rained and was hot as hell but what a beast)!

I humbly consider myself somewhat experienced and fairly capable in my driving abilities. Just relocating to the White Mountains of NH now and transitioning into semi-retirement. Plan on trading Tundra before year’s end for a 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium (I want my moon roof).

With my love of travel and the outdoors, overlanding in my next phase of life seems like a good fit. Looking forward to my future trips! Look forward to meeting some of you in the future.

Pointman_nh

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound Community,
I'm Tito. I am located in A.A. county Maryland, and just recently bought a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road. I dont really have much experience overlanding or driving off road. After spending a few weeks traveling up the west cost and hiking some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I decided to move my life off the pavement. I traded my road bike for a mountain bike, and my F-rs for a Tacoma. Here's a picture of my truck all loaded up for its first weekend trip. Unfortunately there wasn't really any off roading, but riding a downhill park for the first time was a blast. I Have a big solo trip planned this summer. Heading to California to visit family. then up to Tahoe, through Moab and in to Colorado. Looking to do some light wheeling and hit some downhill parks when I'm out west. I look forward to utilizing the information in this community to find some nice beginner trails, or fire roads along my way. And maybe having the chance to meet some of you in person

4) Overlanding ExperiView attachment 98560

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Members,

My name is Mike and I reside in Modesto California. I grew up in Mariposa County and used to do a lot of overlanding of fire trails all through out the sierras in my 1995 Jeep YJ when I was in High School. Fast forward 14 years and I am now getting back into it with my 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter.

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon XL 2500 with the Z85 Max Tow package. It is the 6.0L/4L80E package with the G80/3.73:1 rear end. I currently have a Rough Country leveling kit on 285/75/16's, Engine has been treated to a S&B Intake and a Superchips 4845 programmer currently on the Tow tune. Other wise she is pretty much stock as I have only owned her for 2 months. I had a 2012 F-150 Ecoboost that was all set for overlanding but decided to go bigger to haul more items along trails.

I eventually would like to go with a 3.5" lift on 33's, Electronic lockers, on-board air, custom bumpers front and rear with winch, top rack with tent and a swing away tire carrier. I also plan to install my Yaesu radio's for Ham, Uniden Digital Scanner and possibly a Cobra CB as my Dad is old school and still uses CB's on trails, lol.

I am hoping this sparks my Son's interest in overlanding and keeping him away from the import car scene that is running a muck here in Modesto!

I will be purchasing a full membership soon and look forwards to attending events. I work as a Paramedic and always keep EMS gear in my truck which is a must to me when going off road, curious how many other EMS/Fire Brothers are members on here as well.

Thank you and hope to meet some of you soon.

Overland Bound Meetups

Meet-up in Ripon. Contact is @PapaDave

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Portugeemike87

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

New to the overland community, I enjoy the out doors and love protecting our natural resources. Not sure what my experience level is....I’ve spent many nights sleeping under the stars, and in cold/heat /rain, ect. I spend a great deal of time off road, and want to do that more. ive never really labeled any of that over landing, of course back when I spent the most time under the stars it was via some trusty old boots and wasn’t necessarily vehicle dependent although many times I wish it was, just an old ground pounder. Anyway I’m looking forward to getting my family more connected with nature. I drive an old f-150 ‘05 that just turned 190k that I’ll be looking to build on a budget to accommodate my wife, 3 kiddos and me.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Tray

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, an old guy here and new member. We upgraded last July to a 2018 Silverado 1500 4X4 with a new Fourwheel Camper. We have enjoyed 4X4 exploration for several years, however, I’m not the rock crawler type nor is our rig setup for that type of wheeling. We do enjoy wilderness areas and places off the beaten path.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: firemen7

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. New Member here. New to off-roading and overlanding. I never knew a world of overlanding existed and I found out that I have a deep passion for it. Looking forward to more overlanding adventures ahead. I currently have an 2018 4runner off-road premium with Rhino rack backbone roof rack, Bilstein 5160/6112 combo, 275/70/17 KO2. Future mods include SSO slimline front bumper, Wilco high profile back hitch, RSG sliders, RCI Skids, Winch and more LED lighting. I am looking forward to being part of an awesome overlanding community. Adventure is truly necessary.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Hello Hello!

Just got back from Overland Expo! What a hoot that was!

Cuffs/Wendi
Im in SW Utah. Professional Volunteer at Zion National Park.
2016 Inferno DCSB Off Road Tacoma

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

I am excited to join the community. I have been watching numerous videos over the last year from Overland Bound, Lifestyle Overland, The Epic Family Roadtrip, Max Powell and many others. I went on my first camping trip when I was about 15 years old and fell in love with nature. On that trip, I also started my journey as an amateur nature photographer, so this is the best of all worlds!

As for the details, I do not have my rig as of yet. I ordered a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road back in March. Now, as I anxiously await my taco, I am trying not to buy every accessory I see out there. I currently reside in North Carolina and looking forward to attending the Expo in October up in Virginia. Hope to meet you all!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All!

My name is Matt, and I am from Long Island, NY.
I am a novice and and have very little off road experience. Light wooded areas and beach riding are the extent.
My rig is a 2017 GMC Sierra with the A Terrain X package.
Looking forward to getting out there and getting to know you!

Reactions: SierraATX

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G'day, new member here (#17500) and wanted to intro myself. My name is Douglas and I reside in the San Diego Area. Just sold my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser and bought a 2015 Ford F-150 4x4 that I want to start building up. I know...crazy right but, I have my reasons. Looking forward to meeting new people and having great adventures, Cheers.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just getting started with Overlanding and looking forward to learning a lot from everyone on the site.

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Experience: Brand new to overlanding and off-roading.

View attachment 99224

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!