Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Community!

Newcomer here! I am located in the Upstate NY Region and I drive a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD. I would say I am a very experienced Overlander - yet I will always have more to learn. Some of my favorite trails so far are: Arroyo Seco Del Diablo trail in SOCAL, The Coast Ridge Road over Big Sur, Ocotillo Wells SVRA, and Eagles Nest 4wd trail in PA. My goals here are to learn as much as possible and interact with fellow Overlanders.

View attachment 98465

Thanks,

Colchester-Taco
Welcome to OB and the East Region from a fellow NY'er!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Reactions: Colchester-Taco

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Community,
I'm Tito. I am located in A.A. county Maryland, and just recently bought a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road. I dont really have much experience overlanding or driving off road. After spending a few weeks traveling up the west cost and hiking some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I decided to move my life off the pavement. I traded my road bike for a mountain bike, and my F-rs for a Tacoma. Here's a picture of my truck all loaded up for its first weekend trip. Unfortunately there wasn't really any off roading, but riding a downhill park for the first time was a blast. I Have a big solo trip planned this summer. Heading to California to visit family. then up to Tahoe, through Moab and in to Colorado. Looking to do some light wheeling and hit some downhill parks when I'm out west. I look forward to utilizing the information in this community to find some nice beginner trails, or fire roads along my way. And maybe having the chance to meet some of you in person

4) Overlanding ExperiView attachment 98560
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound for any more information.

Overland Bound Meetups

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi guys,

Newbie to OB. Been 4x4ing for 30 plus years in the mountains of NH and beaches of Cape Cod. Had Jeeps CJs, Cherokee, Tacoma and currently a 2010 Tundra TRD-oh and my army-issued Humvee back in the 90s (she leaked when it rained and was hot as hell but what a beast)!

I humbly consider myself somewhat experienced and fairly capable in my driving abilities. Just relocating to the White Mountains of NH now and transitioning into semi-retirement. Plan on trading Tundra before year’s end for a 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium (I want my moon roof).

With my love of travel and the outdoors, overlanding in my next phase of life seems like a good fit. Looking forward to my future trips! Look forward to meeting some of you in the future.

Pointman_nh
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Team Harrington who is your local Member Rep.

Overland Bound Meetups

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

New Member Here!!!
RIG: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road pulling a 2017 Intech Pursue RV

Hello to Everyone and I look forward to joining on some adventures. Any local members care to plan trips I'm always ready to go.

Kris
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound who is your local Member Rep.

Overland Bound Meetups

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

LongWayRound

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Yorba Linda, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

Hey guys my name is Kevin, I’m about to turn 32 and I am from Yorba Linda, CA. I have been off-roading for about two years now and I drive a 2004 Jeep Wrangler X with an OME suspension lift and 31 inch tires. Will be doing many more upgrades in the future and am getting ready for a trip to the Mojave Road this summer although my normal off-roading locations include Johnson Valley and local trails like main divide.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Agustin David, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @TheVastVentures, welcome from Oklahoma. Did you find out about OB at the Expo? Glad you joined us.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions let me know.

MSM 61

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Bouck
Member #

G'day, new member here (#17500) and wanted to intro myself. My name is Douglas and I reside in the San Diego Area. Just sold my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser and bought a 2015 Ford F-150 4x4 that I want to start building up. I know...crazy right but, I have my reasons. Looking forward to meeting new people and having great adventures, Cheers.

Attachments

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Just getting started with Overlanding and looking forward to learning a lot from everyone on the site.

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Experience: Brand new to overlanding and off-roading.

View attachment 99224
Welcome fellow Tacoma owner! I was in the Springs for the first time ln September. Didn't spend too much time in nature, a run up Pike's Peak and wandering around Garden of the Gods, but I like it there. Hope to get back someday. Maybe a grand loop through the Tetons, Yellowstone, Sheridan, Colorado Springs, Black Bear Pass, and back. I was thinking about this for July this year but obligations will make it unlikely.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hey so I'm Kody! I'm Workin on building my 97 Ford explorer into and overland rig. Always wanted to do something like this but never really had a name for it so this is pretty cool! Happy to join the crew and help out others all I can. Do all mine mechanical work and so custom fab as well!
Hello Kody and welcome to OBC forum. Wish you were closer, I have a whole lot of fabbing that needs to be done and not many people in my small populated area that can do it. Those that do, want my arm and leg. They aint a gonna get it ! Come on in and get wet..Lanlubber

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
G'day, new member here (#17500) and wanted to intro myself. My name is Douglas and I reside in the San Diego Area. Just sold my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser and bought a 2015 Ford F-150 4x4 that I want to start building up. I know...crazy right but, I have my reasons. Looking forward to meeting new people and having great adventures, Cheers.
Hello Mate, glad to haveya aboard. It'll be nice to see something other than Toyota's and Jeeps out there (very good choices also). As for myself I drive a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 that I am building especially for OB travel ventures. I wont be out there this year in it but I will be out there with my fairly capable 2008 4x4 (minus the low range transfer case) Ford Escape and my Scamp trailer I call "Sheila". Have a nice day Mate in your beautiful city of San Diego, Love it !

SierraATX

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

St James, NY, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hey All!

My name is Matt, and I am from Long Island, NY.
I am a novice and and have very little off road experience. Light wooded areas and beach riding are the extent.
My rig is a 2017 GMC Sierra with the A Terrain X package.
Looking forward to getting out there and getting to know you!

Attachments

The Travelin' Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Asheville, NC
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Hello All!

I am excited to join the community. I have been watching numerous videos over the last year from Overland Bound, Lifestyle Overland, The Epic Family Roadtrip, Max Powell and many others. I went on my first camping trip when I was about 15 years old and fell in love with nature. On that trip, I also started my journey as an amateur nature photographer, so this is the best of all worlds!

As for the details, I do not have my rig as of yet. I ordered a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road back in March. Now, as I anxiously await my taco, I am trying not to buy every accessory I see out there. I currently reside in North Carolina and looking forward to attending the Expo in October up in Virginia. Hope to meet you all!

Reactions: Kent R

MSM 61

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Bouck
Member #

Hello Mate, glad to haveya aboard. It'll be nice to see something other than Toyota's and Jeeps out there (very good choices also). As for myself I drive a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 that I am building especially for OB travel ventures. I wont be out there this year in it but I will be out there with my fairly capable 2008 4x4 (minus the low range transfer case) Ford Escape and my Scamp trailer I call "Sheila". Have a nice day Mate in your beautiful city of San Diego, Love it !
Nice. I also have a Land Rover. 1967 Series IIA 109 that's in the shop, can't find break parts anymore.