Contributor I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Gelsinger
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Members!

My name is Greg and I’m located in Surprise, Arizona (30 minutes west of Phoenix, Arizona). My rig is a 2018 Jeep Rubicon JK, currently with 10,000 miles and I’ve been a novice overlander with only 3 months of experience. My rig’s name is Aloy (any gamers know what that name is from?). The build is only 3 months in existence, however there is a ridiculous build in the works that will come over the next few months which you will be able to follow on my new Instagram account (Instagram.com/TheVastVentures) which my girlfriend and I run.

Currently, we have a Smittybilt roof rack, Smittybilt Overlander tent, Smittybilt door steps, 2.5 rubicon express lift, FrontRunner tailgate table, and a few other goodies not including the items we use to store equipment. Nothing crazy so far, but just a few items on the cheaper side to get us out on the trails as quickly as possible while we save up for good quality equipment.

I’m a Nursing Student, Photographer/Videographer, REALTOR, and my girlfriend Alexis works for Moog, an aerospace and defense company.

We just returned from Overland Expo West for our first time, which is only 2 hours away from us, and we had an amazing time! Next year we will certainly camp the entire week/weekend and enjoy the full experience.

If anyone is in Arizona, give us a follow on our Instagram account and send us a message! We’re always looking to make new friends in the area.

We have done a few short weekend Overland trips in Arizona and California, but nothing further at the moment. We are planning a Colorado/Utah trip for next month, so if there are any must-go-to places in either state, we’re open to suggestions!

Nice to meet you all, and look forward to making new friends!988619886298863

Attachments

TexasGXGuy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Rockwall, TX 75087, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Hi from West Plains Missouri!!!!

My name is Rob, I am married to my best friend- Heather, we offroad a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that we affectionately call the Hello Kitty Jeep.....

I have been offroading/overlanding for the majority of my life, over 40 years of experience off road driving and doing recovery, wrenching, fabricating ect....

I am a full time Deputy Sheriff, have been commisioned for 23 years, been a Paramedic for 28 years, done a pile of stuff in addition..... View attachment 98202
Good to have you and all of your experience here, brother!

Reactions: RPilk

Fjforles

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Leslie
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Members!

My name is Greg and I’m located in Surprise, Arizona (30 minutes west of Phoenix, Arizona). My rig is a 2018 Jeep Rubicon JK, currently with 10,000 miles and I’ve been a novice overlander with only 3 months of experience. My rig’s name is Aloy (any gamers know what that name is from?). The build is only 3 months in existence, however there is a ridiculous build in the works that will come over the next few months which you will be able to follow on my new Instagram account (Instagram.com/TheVastVentures) which my girlfriend and I run.

Currently, we have a Smittybilt roof rack, Smittybilt Overlander tent, Smittybilt door steps, 2.5 rubicon express lift, FrontRunner tailgate table, and a few other goodies not including the items we use to store equipment. Nothing crazy so far, but just a few items on the cheaper side to get us out on the trails as quickly as possible while we save up for good quality equipment.

I’m a Nursing Student, Photographer/Videographer, REALTOR, and my girlfriend Alexis works for Moog, an aerospace and defense company.

We just returned from Overland Expo West for our first time, which is only 2 hours away from us, and we had an amazing time! Next year we will certainly camp the entire week/weekend and enjoy the full experience.

If anyone is in Arizona, give us a follow on our Instagram account and send us a message! We’re always looking to make new friends in the area.

We have done a few short weekend Overland trips in Arizona and California, but nothing further at the moment. We are planning a Colorado/Utah trip for next month, so if there are any must-go-to places in either state, we’re open to suggestions!

Nice to meet you all, and look forward to making new friends!View attachment 98861View attachment 98862View attachment 98863
Welcome. The wife ,son and i just moved to Chandler AZ

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hello, new to overlanding. I'm from Northern Indiana and looking for a good community for overlanding.

I drive a 08 Toyota Tundra, 6" lift, FSR rtt

WELCOME SIR, WHAT SIZE TIRES DO YOU HAVE TO FILL UP THAT FENDER WELL ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello
My name is Clint
Vehicles: 74 Scout II and 08 Land Cruiser
I am a long time hiker and camper but i want to get away more often and drive thru some gnarly terrain.
Welcome, Scout are one of my favorite vehicles. What engine do you have in it ? They make awesome trail rigs and your Land
cruiser should make an awesome Overland travel rig. Good luck

clonton

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Spring Lake, MI, USA
First Name
Clint
Last Name
Cherney
Member #

Welcome, Scout are one of my favorite vehicles. What engine do you have in it ? They make awesome trail rigs and your Land
cruiser should make an awesome Overland travel rig. Good luck
I have a rebuilt 304 with an automatic transmission. it is a fun ride and it will climb a tree

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have a rebuilt 304 with an automatic transmission. it is a fun ride and it will climb a tree
No doubt, I have the same 304 2v in my 67 International 3/4 ton long bed 2wd. I have taken it where other 4x4"s couldn't go. I put a new short block in at 340,000 miles but everything else is original. Just wish it were a 4x4, it would conquer the world.

Reactions: clonton

pb5172

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Pollock
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0VTV
Rig: 2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail with KDSS
Mods: not much more than Rock Sliders and some comms
Trips done so far: Wyoming, Bridger NF for the amazing eclipse
Looking forward to: MOAB for Memorial Day with millions of people. I'll be out Friday through Tuesday.

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
Hey so I'm Kody! I'm Workin on building my 97 Ford explorer into and overland rig. Always wanted to do something like this but never really had a name for it so this is pretty cool! Happy to join the crew and help out others all I can. Do all mine mechanical work and so custom fab as well!

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Hi everyone. Overland Bound member 436. From Highland Village, TX with a 2018 Toyota Tacoma - TRD Offroad 4x4 and 2018 Airstream Basecamp.
Welcome.

How do you like your Basecamp? I started looking into it and was wondering if it is a good choice - given the price it seems like a long-term commitment and one wants to "pamper" it.

What are your experiences? How does it hold up when it gets a bit rougher?

HGHRIDN

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colonial Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Ristow
Member #

Hey Everyone,

New to Overlanding but not the outdoors. Finally sold my car and purchased my rig to do some Overlanding with my family. Lots of great information on this forum.

Rig: 2006 Toyota Sequoia 4WD
Experience: Beginner

-Ron
Ron I use live in Kingstowne now moved to Colonial Beach. My wife and kids and I do 2 trips to Cape Lookout National Seashore if you ever want to join we take a good size group with us along with meet up with a group from South Carolina..

Reactions: Hank Outdoors