Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey there overland world. I am Mike from North East Oregon. I’m currently working on my 4th (maybe fifth) Overland rig, a 1989 Ford FSB. My other rigs were a 2000 Ram 2500, 1989 Jeep XJ, 1991 Ford F-350 Quad Cab Dually (the only 2 wheel drive full sized truck I ever owned), 1960 willies wagon, and the fifth was a 1979 Ford E150 conversion van that I never got to finish.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike (@Slimpartywagon)! It sounds like you have had a great deal of experience putting together your adventure vehicles. It would be great if you could post up a thread describing what you learned and did differently each time. Anyway, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. A number of the members from across the region are planning to attend the Northwest Overland Rally [link] in Plain, WA at the end of June. There is even going to be a group campsite for Overland Bound members to meet each other.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, im in north texas looking for other four wheel camping enthusiasts. I have regeared and installed ARB lockers front and rrar and cut out the fenders to fit 42" tires under my dodge
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally,
Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from West Plains Missouri!!!!

My name is Rob, I am married to my best friend- Heather, we offroad a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that we affectionately call the Hello Kitty Jeep.....

I have been offroading/overlanding for the majority of my life, over 40 years of experience off road driving and doing recovery, wrenching, fabricating ect....

I am a full time Deputy Sheriff, have been commisioned for 23 years, been a Paramedic for 28 years, done a pile of stuff in addition..... View attachment 98202

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: RPilk

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
My name is Rick and I'm in AL. I drive a 2007 Hummer H3.
I have some experience and I'm always looking to expand it.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My name is Brent, jst bought my first Tacoma. 2018 TRD OFF-ROAD DCSB. So far I love it. It will definitely be a slow process on building it up to what I want. I am new to overlanding. I am looking forward to getting started and hopefully meeting new people to enjoy experiences with. I love camping, my wife not so much so this will be something I will be doing without her. I live here in Edgefield, SC. Not many places around here to adventure. I will be doing some traveling. If anyone knows any good spots in the south east please let me know.
Hi Brent, welcome to overland bound. If I were you I would just pack up enough things to get by for a weekend and just get out on the back roads and drive. (There were roads before there was Interstate hwy's.) When you come to what looks like an interesting dirt road that goes somewhere, get on it and drive till it runs out. You have the Appalachians and should be able to find some interesting trails there . Head out for the small towns that you can find, stop and talk to the locals if you can get them to talk to an outsider. Go to utube and look for video's about SC trips experiences.

sasquatchoverlanding

Local Expert, Indiana USA

Inventor II

Whiteland, IN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army
Jason here from Central Indiana. I am setting up my 14 Tundra for Overlanding. While I'm not new to off road adventures, I am new to the Overlanding Community. Looking forward to getting more involved in this community!FB_IMG_1557933897638.jpeg

Huntemup

Rank 0

Contributor I

Heart of America
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Austin
Hello OB community! I currently live in Eastern Kansas and am an upland hunting fanatic so I put on lots of dirt road miles throughout the Midwest every fall and Fly fishing the ozarks and further when I get the chance. I Went to the University of Montana and lived out there for about 10 years as a Snow Bum and instructor till "adult life" had to become more of a reality so my wife and I headed back to the Midwest. I hope to get more into the Overlanding lifestyle over the years with my wife and two kids and our Black Lab as we love to camp and enjoy the Great Outdoors. Future Wish list is a Squaredrop trailer and to finish building out my 2015 4Runner Trail.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello OB community! I currently live in Eastern Kansas and am an upland hunting fanatic so I put on lots of dirt road miles throughout the Midwest every fall and Fly fishing the ozarks and further when I get the chance. I Went to the University of Montana and lived out there for about 10 years as a Snow Bum and instructor till "adult life" had to become more of a reality so my wife and I headed back to the Midwest. I hope to get more into the Overlanding lifestyle over the years with my wife and two kids and our Black Lab as we love to camp and enjoy the Great Outdoors. Future Wish list is a Squaredrop trailer and to finish building out my 2015 4Runner Trail.
Welcome, you look ready to me. Nice rig, beautiful dog, good looking boy there. Happy Trails

Eckroll

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dalton, NE, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Eckhardt
Member #

Hello from the Nebraska Panhandle! Love the outdoors but hiking is getting to be more of a chore at 46 than fun so trying to find new ways to enjoy the outdoors with the family. Just paid off my wife's old suburban and she got a new one, so I decided lets pimp it out the old one for overlanding. I got my first taste of overlanding in Pikes National Forest two years ago in a Jeep and have been thinking about that experience since. So far I've added 3.5" lift (picture added of everything I didn't replace), 33x12.5 hybrids on 20" wheels, new lifters and AFM delete, Diable i3 tune, and debadged. 190k miles young on the 5.3 which I've had good experience getting well over 300k on several of them. Looking to meet some people and learn about the group so I'm not out there by myself learning the hard way. Great site!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello from the Nebraska Panhandle! Love the outdoors but hiking is getting to be more of a chore at 46 than fun so trying to find new ways to enjoy the outdoors with the family. Just paid off my wife's old suburban and she got a new one, so I decided lets pimp it out the old one for overlanding. I got my first taste of overlanding in Pikes National Forest two years ago in a Jeep and have been thinking about that experience since. So far I've added 3.5" lift (picture added of everything I didn't replace), 33x12.5 hybrids on 20" wheels, new lifters and AFM delete, Diable i3 tune, and debadged. 190k miles young on the 5.3 which I've had good experience getting well over 300k on several of them. Looking to meet some people and learn about the group so I'm not out there by myself learning the hard way. Great site!

View attachment 98448View attachment 98449
THIS IS MY SONS RECENT COMPLETE REBUILD ON HIS 96 SURBURBON.. New big block built for off road, new tranny for same, new off road bumpers front and rear, 6" lift, new tires (forgot the size but they aint small) drive line rebuilt. I think he said $15,000 rebuild but he will own it a lifetime, his lifetime. So go do it, the back roads are awaiting. Welcome to the Overland Bound forum.

Attachments

Contributor I

Upstate New York Region
First Name
Paul
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6CZR
Hello Overland Bound Community!

Newcomer here! I am located in the Upstate NY Region and I drive a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD. I would say I am a very experienced Overlander - yet I will always have more to learn. Some of my favorite trails so far are: Arroyo Seco Del Diablo trail in SOCAL, The Coast Ridge Road over Big Sur, Ocotillo Wells SVRA, and Eagles Nest 4wd trail in PA. My goals here are to learn as much as possible and interact with fellow Overlanders.

Thanks,

Colchester-Taco

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Newcomer here! I am located in the Upstate NY Region and I drive a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD. I would say I am a very experienced Overlander - yet I will always have more to learn. Some of my favorite trails so far are: Arroyo Seco Del Diablo trail in SOCAL, The Coast Ridge Road over Big Sur, Ocotillo Wells SVRA, and Eagles Nest 4wd trail in PA. My goals here are to learn as much as possible and interact with fellow Overlanders.

View attachment 98465

Thanks,

Colchester-Taco
Welcome to the forum. Are the tires in the truck for the SS : -)

Contributor I

Upstate New York Region
First Name
Paul
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6CZR
Lanlubber: Thanks for the welcome! And I can't claim the SS unfortunately I found it at a lunch spot, tires are my winter studded ATs freshly swapped for the warmer weather

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Lanlubber: Thanks for the welcome! And I can't claim the SS unfortunately I found it at a lunch spot, tires are my winter studded ATs freshly swapped for the warmer weather
Oh yeah, that's a mighty fine looking rig. I'm sure you are a proud owner.

Reactions: Colchester-Taco

ChevyShooter

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Reed
Hi all. New member here from Cincinnati, Ohio area. I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500. Love camping and love all of the overland content. Have done some minimal mods and additions to the Silverado: Leveling kit, BFG K02s, tinting, and bed cover. Looking forward to further mods!

Attachments

jdlind

Rank 0

Contributor I

Birmingham, AL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Lind
I'm Jonathan.

The details:
Live in Birmingham, AL
Drive a 2011 GMC 2500HD Crew (Diesel)
Just installed a Leitner ACS rack with a couple of Gearpods and a Tepui Autana Ruggedized RTT
My kids are getting a little older and I am ready to get them out and exploring.
I am brand new to off roading and will take it pretty easy to start, but I am excited about getting out and gaining some experience.

Thank you to all that share their knowledge!

Portugeemike87

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Modesto, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
DaRosa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6YIW
Hello Members,

My name is Mike and I reside in Modesto California. I grew up in Mariposa County and used to do a lot of overlanding of fire trails all through out the sierras in my 1995 Jeep YJ when I was in High School. Fast forward 14 years and I am now getting back into it with my 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter.

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon XL 2500 with the Z85 Max Tow package. It is the 6.0L/4L80E package with the G80/3.73:1 rear end. I currently have a Rough Country leveling kit on 285/75/16's, Engine has been treated to a S&B Intake and a Superchips 4845 programmer currently on the Tow tune. Other wise she is pretty much stock as I have only owned her for 2 months. I had a 2012 F-150 Ecoboost that was all set for overlanding but decided to go bigger to haul more items along trails.

I eventually would like to go with a 3.5" lift on 33's, Electronic lockers, on-board air, custom bumpers front and rear with winch, top rack with tent and a swing away tire carrier. I also plan to install my Yaesu radio's for Ham, Uniden Digital Scanner and possibly a Cobra CB as my Dad is old school and still uses CB's on trails, lol.

I am hoping this sparks my Son's interest in overlanding and keeping him away from the import car scene that is running a muck here in Modesto!

I will be purchasing a full membership soon and look forwards to attending events. I work as a Paramedic and always keep EMS gear in my truck which is a must to me when going off road, curious how many other EMS/Fire Brothers are members on here as well.

Thank you and hope to meet some of you soon.

Attachments

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV

View attachment 98465

Thanks,

Colchester-Taco

Wait wait...shhh, ohhh yeeeaaaahhhh thats it.....Man I love them old Chevys. I would trade your left nut for that thing.

Jim

Primo Tito

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Maryland
First Name
Tito
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NQO
Hello Overland Bound Community,
I'm Tito. I am located in A.A. county Maryland, and just recently bought a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road. I dont really have much experience overlanding or driving off road. After spending a few weeks traveling up the west cost and hiking some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I decided to move my life off the pavement. I traded my road bike for a mountain bike, and my F-rs for a Tacoma. Here's a picture of my truck all loaded up for its first weekend trip. Unfortunately there wasn't really any off roading, but riding a downhill park for the first time was a blast. I Have a big solo trip planned this summer. Heading to California to visit family. then up to Tahoe, through Moab and in to Colorado. Looking to do some light wheeling and hit some downhill parks when I'm out west. I look forward to utilizing the information in this community to find some nice beginner trails, or fire roads along my way. And maybe having the chance to meet some of you in person

4) Overlanding Experi20190510_155027.jpg