Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m finally getting into overlanding after years of wanting to as the kids get older, and the back won’t let me backpack anymore. I just picked up a 2018 Jeep JL Sport unlimited and started building it up. I’m very excited to be a part of this community, and new adventure!
Welcome! Where have you gone backpacking?

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi Everyone - Its another Steve. - Located in Wales UK now.

Used to have Land Rovers but now working away at my Mitsubishi L200 (Triton MQ) as now more Overlander than off-roader these days. Have done Alps, Pyrenees and most of European mountain adventures in Land Rovers

Worked most of my life in international development (agriculture) so spent a lot of time off road in remote Africa and got paid too - BONUS ! - I am experienced but always learning by failing !

Now mainly a weekend warrior, planning the next adventure which will be Scandinavia 66 and 71 North in the autumn 2019

Looking forward to being part of this community

View attachment 97064 View attachment 97065
Welcome! Nice truck.

Donesp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lawrenceville GA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Espeut
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello all - Don and Brigitte Espeut here.
We are from the Atlanta Georgia area. We have very little experience in extended Overland excursions. Next month will be our first. Newly retired and about to hit the road. At the moment, a 2006 Chrysler Town Country is being modified for our cross country road trip.

1421644050.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello! I am Elle from Ohio. Two weeks ago brought home a 2019 wrangler JL, Moab. All my free time in the next two weeks will be spent building storage in the rear. I am a novice to overlanding but no stranger to off-roading or backcountry survival.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone, I'm Irving/Swerving
From the Los Angeles County area
Recently bought a 1998 rav4 that is 4wd with a locking center thats in fairly good shape
I have absolutely no experience overlanding or off-roading at that but love camping and am geared up decently for it
Glad to have finally registered to OB
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West US - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all - Don and Brigitte Espeut here.
We are from the Atlanta Georgia area. We have very little experience in extended Overland excursions. Next month will be our first. Newly retired and about to hit the road. At the moment, a 2006 Chrysler Town Country is being modified for our cross country road trip.

View attachment 98145
Welcome to Overland Bound

JNA.Offroad

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Twentynine Palms, CA, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Evangelista
Member #

Joel Ashley and Nala (our dog)
Desert CA 29Palms
Overlanding: 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Offroading: 2016 Yamaha Wolverine r-spec
New to overlanding but have been off-roading for a while now.IMG_8964.JPGIMG_20190221_075844.jpg

Reactions: Kent R

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hello everyone,
My name is Rick and I'm in AL. I drive a 2007 Hummer H3.
I have some experience and I'm always looking to expand it.
Welcome, we have a hummer in the family also. It's to nice for the outback though but we have 3-4 others that fit the bill. Hit the road, we are all out and about most of the time.

RPilk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

West Plains, MO, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Pilkington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRCV721
Hi from West Plains Missouri!!!!

My name is Rob, I am married to my best friend- Heather, we offroad a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that we affectionately call the Hello Kitty Jeep.....

I have been offroading/overlanding for the majority of my life, over 40 years of experience off road driving and doing recovery, wrenching, fabricating ect....

I am a full time Deputy Sheriff, have been commisioned for 23 years, been a Paramedic for 28 years, done a pile of stuff in addition..... hkJeep.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi from West Plains Missouri!!!!

My name is Rob, I am married to my best friend- Heather, we offroad a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that we affectionately call the Hello Kitty Jeep.....

I have been offroading/overlanding for the majority of my life, over 40 years of experience off road driving and doing recovery, wrenching, fabricating ect....

I am a full time Deputy Sheriff, have been commisioned for 23 years, been a Paramedic for 28 years, done a pile of stuff in addition..... View attachment 98202
Hello Deputy, so good to have you on board with us. Thank you for your dedicated service to your public and others. Nice rig you have it looks up to the job for sure. Does you Cat travel with y'uens in the jeep ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
  • Haha
Reactions: RPilk

RPilk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

West Plains, MO, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Pilkington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRCV721
"
Well Hello Deja, I've seen that look on your face somewhere before and it said "DONT MOVE BUBBA". I know you don't like cats and probably had a few for lunch, HUH ?
LOL!!! pretty much. Her philosophy is if its bigger than her- FIGHT it..... smaller than her- EAT it..... that particular look is- COME AT ME BRO

Reactions: Kent R

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
LOL!!! pretty much. Her philosophy is if its bigger than her- FIGHT it..... smaller than her- EAT it..... that particular look is- COME AT ME BRO
No way puppy dog, I know when I'm not wanted. He-she ? is a beautiful dog. Her ? coloring and markings are exactly like a terrier I once had for 15 years.
I just buried my last 2 Boston terriers (sisters) this past year, they were both 14 years old. I don't think I'll get another dog as much as I love them. I don't want to die and leave my dog's alone. If you ever come this way (New Mexico) look me up, it's a great state for overlanding, especially from Silver City north, west or east.
South is our badland deserts.

• Haha
Reactions: RPilk