Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

New to OB and overlanding in general. I grew up camping, fishing and hunting plus I always had a love for the outdoors! My daily and only rig is a stock 2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner... didn't have off road adventuring in mind when I bought it but it'll have to work till I can convert to a 4x4 after I retire. For now the light trail riding and exploring I do is fun enough especially for my kids and that's mainly why I try to get out when I can, I remember how fun it was exploring when I was younger and I want my kids to have the same love for the outdoors as I did.

SMHinthewild

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bwlch-y-ddar, Oswestry, Wales, UK
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Homer
Member #

Hi Everyone - Its another Steve. - Located in Wales UK now.

Used to have Land Rovers but now working away at my Mitsubishi L200 (Triton MQ) as now more Overlander than off-roader these days. Have done Alps, Pyrenees and most of European mountain adventures in Land Rovers

Worked most of my life in international development (agriculture) so spent a lot of time off road in remote Africa and got paid too - BONUS ! - I am experienced but always learning by failing !

Now mainly a weekend warrior, planning the next adventure which will be Scandinavia 66 and 71 North in the autumn 2019

Looking forward to being part of this community

IMG_20180216_172056-small.jpg DSCF1406.jpg

lacofdfireman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Just joined up. Happy to be here to learn.

I’ve been building an Overland Rig. I have a Salvage Title 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Bought it for a good deal because it had 2 accidents and a flood on the Carfax so nobody would touch it. I’ve had it for just over a year and have done tons of mods to it. Runs and drives like a champ straight down the road with no death wobble. What a great vehicle.

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I’m finally getting into overlanding after years of wanting to as the kids get older, and the back won’t let me backpack anymore. I just picked up a 2018 Jeep JL Sport unlimited and started building it up. I’m very excited to be a part of this community, and new adventure!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Yankeewoodsman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined up. Happy to be here to learn.

I’ve been building an Overland Rig. I have a Salvage Title 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Bought it for a good deal because it had 2 accidents and a flood on the Carfax so nobody would touch it. I’ve had it for just over a year and have done tons of mods to it. Runs and drives like a champ straight down the road with no death wobble. What a great vehicle.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone - Its another Steve. - Located in Wales UK now.

Used to have Land Rovers but now working away at my Mitsubishi L200 (Triton MQ) as now more Overlander than off-roader these days. Have done Alps, Pyrenees and most of European mountain adventures in Land Rovers

Worked most of my life in international development (agriculture) so spent a lot of time off road in remote Africa and got paid too - BONUS ! - I am experienced but always learning by failing !

Now mainly a weekend warrior, planning the next adventure which will be Scandinavia 66 and 71 North in the autumn 2019

Looking forward to being part of this community

View attachment 97064View attachment 97065

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Yankeewoodsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Cheshire, CT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Polaski
Member #

Pardon the Noob question, but where do we find who our regional director is? Thanks!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to OB and overlanding in general. I grew up camping, fishing and hunting plus I always had a love for the outdoors! My daily and only rig is a stock 2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner... didn't have off road adventuring in mind when I bought it but it'll have to work till I can convert to a 4x4 after I retire. For now the light trail riding and exploring I do is fun enough especially for my kids and that's mainly why I try to get out when I can, I remember how fun it was exploring when I was younger and I want my kids to have the same love for the outdoors as I did.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well, I get to introduce myself. Nice.

Checking in from Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC.
2016 Wrangler JK Unlimited Black Bear.
Mediocre experience.. need to find some places close by!

Looking forward to it.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Central Texas! I've been lurking for a while and was impressed with all of the information available, so I signed up!

I don't have any "Overlanding" experience yet, unless you count 3+ years full time in an RV, with a BMW GS on a lift, and towing a Wrangler. Been away from all that for quite a few years, but am hoping to get "back" into exploration again, this time more OFF ROAD than ON. I'm learning what my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk can do, hopefully without breaking it (it's new!).

Anyway, I hope I can learn a lot more, and maybe even make a contribution or two.

Dennis
2019 JGC Trailhawk in White

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m finally getting into overlanding after years of wanting to as the kids get older, and the back won’t let me backpack anymore. I just picked up a 2018 Jeep JL Sport unlimited and started building it up. I’m very excited to be a part of this community, and new adventure!
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Reactions: Yankeewoodsman

NathanPAnderson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Northeast Arkansas
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello from Arkansas!
I'm Nathan and love all things Overlanding, RTT camping, camp cooking, hiking, waterfalls and streams, mountain top views, and on and on.
I drive a 2017 Colorado ZR2 that I plan to convert into a full on overland rig though the process is slow. I've been at this for about a year and half since I bought the truck brand new.
Here's to many new adventures!

Attachments

Contributor I

Hey all, new to the site, but not new to off-roading...little new to overlanding.

Hail from Denver, CO with a 2013 Nissan Frontier PRO4X. Really wanted to get into some great camping in the Rockies and overlanding seems to get us where we need. Family time outdoors is what we love to do.

Attachments

Reactions: Cendee and Kent R

Yankeewoodsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Cheshire, CT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Polaski
Member #

W
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
WOW, thanks Hank! I bet you say that to ALL the new guys! Hahahah

• Haha
Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Mrcodes

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anaheim Hills, Anaheim, California 92807, United States
First Name
Cody
Last Name
H
Member #

Hey all, been overlanding, and been outdoors in general, for most of my life with family and friends but finally got my own rig and looking to learn new tricks and explore new areas. Driving a 2018 Chevy Silverado LTZ71 that isn’t all tricked out like some I’ve seen but it gets the job done and gets me wherever I want to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Thank you for the add. Hello my name is Shelley and I’m located in Phoenix. My husband and I love to get out and explore with our 3 dobermans any chance we can. I have a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium with KDSS.
Welcome. I have a house in buckeye and explore with our Jeep JK. Have you done Prescott to crown king and crown king to lake pleasant? Also Bradshaw mountains?