• HTML tutorial

Nozz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bay Area CA
Member #

Hello all,

Joined a bit ago but I finally have time to start posting and contributing to the forum and community.

Born and raised in the East Bay Area near Walnut Creek.
Main vehicle is a white 2014 F150 3.5 Ecoboost FX4, I will be posting pictures soon as well as starting up the build thread. Big into dirtbike/motorcycle racing and have just recently (last 3 years or so) started getting into overlanding more and more. Grew up camping every weekend we could get away and love the idea of being able to explore a lot more with the new smaller set up, super excited to get to meet everyone and learn as much as possible.

Nozz

Edit - This is the oldest picture I have on my new phone, not a great one but it gives an idea lol.

Attachments

syncro

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

Hi Folks -- brand new (as in I just discovered the site last night) member from Puget Sound/Washington state. I'm currently without an overlandable vehicle but I'm feeling the itch. My last rig was a VW Syncro Westy with Subaru engine and gobs of upgrades. I love that thing but I spent waaay more time working on it than I did enjoying it. And with two little kids, that was an upside down priority. So off it went.

But now my kids are high-school age and I'd love to get out on some of the great Pacific Northwest logging roads with them for camping and day trips. While I loved the vanagon, think this time I'll go with a more standard SUV, and likely something Japanese to turn the maintenance vs. fun equation around. Things I'm considering: Early-mid 2000s 4Runner, similar vintage Lexus LX or GX, Tacoma, and (this is a new one and why I found my way to this forum) a 2005-07 Honda Pilot.

I don't expect any serious rock crawling -- traction wise (and pucker-factor wise), I've been able to get most places in my various AWD cars over the years (Audi Quatrro wagon, Mercedes 4matic wagon, and even my wife's Jetta) -- but, and this is a biggie in the mountains, I need more clearance and meatier rubber. I'll look around here for ideas, but please holler if you have suggestions.

Thanks for having me!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone!

Rig: 2017 Tundra SR5 (still a work in progress)
Overland Experience: Besides car camping for either drag racing or years ago camping with my Dad and Brother, I’m still fairly new to the Overland world. I have a few friends that are into the lifestyle, and with my sons getting to the age where they can handle longer road trips, I picked up my Tundra and been building it slowly into a family fun rig.
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice rig.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all,

Joined a bit ago but I finally have time to start posting and contributing to the forum and community.

Born and raised in the East Bay Area near Walnut Creek.
Main vehicle is a white 2014 F150 3.5 Ecoboost FX4, I will be posting pictures soon as well as starting up the build thread. Big into dirtbike/motorcycle racing and have just recently (last 3 years or so) started getting into overlanding more and more. Grew up camping every weekend we could get away and love the idea of being able to explore a lot more with the new smaller set up, super excited to get to meet everyone and learn as much as possible.

Nozz

Edit - This is the oldest picture I have on my new phone, not a great one but it gives an idea lol.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Folks -- brand new (as in I just discovered the site last night) member from Puget Sound/Washington state. I'm currently without an overlandable vehicle but I'm feeling the itch. My last rig was a VW Syncro Westy with Subaru engine and gobs of upgrades. I love that thing but I spent waaay more time working on it than I did enjoying it. And with two little kids, that was an upside down priority. So off it went.

But now my kids are high-school age and I'd love to get out on some of the great Pacific Northwest logging roads with them for camping and day trips. While I loved the vanagon, think this time I'll go with a more standard SUV, and likely something Japanese to turn the maintenance vs. fun equation around. Things I'm considering: Early-mid 2000s 4Runner, similar vintage Lexus LX or GX, Tacoma, and (this is a new one and why I found my way to this forum) a 2005-07 Honda Pilot.

I don't expect any serious rock crawling -- traction wise (and pucker-factor wise), I've been able to get most places in my various AWD cars over the years (Audi Quatrro wagon, Mercedes 4matic wagon, and even my wife's Jetta) -- but, and this is a biggie in the mountains, I need more clearance and meatier rubber. I'll look around here for ideas, but please holler if you have suggestions.

Thanks for having me!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: syncro

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Thanks for having me!
Welcome from Whidbey Island! This is a great place to explore. The Syncro would be great (besides the work) for exploring. Good luck finding a new rig!

If your open, we are doing a meet-up/meet and greet in Burlington (Cascade Mall) on May 3rd from 4-5. We'd love to meet y'all!

Reactions: Jedi and syncro

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey y’all I’m Justin
Experience: novice/moderate
Rig: 08 Toyota Tacoma TRD. Just bought it last week for the future wife and I to get started in the overland world. I also have an 86 FJ 62 that I’m slowly working on when I get a chance. In the meantime the taco will have to do.
Took it out on its maiden voyage this weekend and was honestly quite impressed. It did great for being all stock plus it was very comfortable for the future wife and I, plus the 3 dogs. After getting home my mind has ran rampant with ideas for the taco. Now if I could only win the lottery

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello! Trent here, I'm a few miles south of Houston/ Pearland, Texas. I am new to the "overlanding" world. I have a 08 JKU Sahara that we've had for several years. Not a lot of modifications have been made to it. It's been able to get me where I've needed it to, as is, so far. I'm currenty building a trailer for my RTT, to use as a base camp when we go out. I'm actually proud and excited about this project. Hope it turns like I've imagined, and we are excited to get out and see different parts of the country.
View attachment 95507View attachment 95509

Reactions: Trent Munson

syncro

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

Welcome from Whidbey Island! This is a great place to explore. The Syncro would be great (besides the work) for exploring. Good luck finding a new rig!

If your open, we are doing a meet-up/meet and greet in Burlington (Cascade Mall) on May 3rd from 4-5. We'd love to meet y'all!
Thank you. Yes, the Syncro is dearly missed and at the same time I'm very glad it's gone ;-)

And thank you for the invite. I can't make that meet up, but I'll watch for others.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Got a 19 trd premium. Fixing to have an icon stage 2, fuel wheels, and Nitto trail grapplers installed. Looking to get back into camping and over landing eventually. Looking forward to meeting some of you one day.
Hello and welcome @Jburns! It sounds like you have great plans already for your rig. I hope you post up a thread detailing your build, it is always great to watch members as their rigs progress. If you want to meet up, there are tons of opportunities in the PNW. I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you are willing to drive North a little ways, there is a meetup this Friday in Burlington [link] being organized by @Gabriel Bozeman.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman