Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

1) JEEP JKU Rubicon full locked 37" lift 4,5".
2) Montreal Canada
3) Experience : less than novice
Welcome to OLB and the Canada - Central Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the Canada - Central Forum? Check this link:
Canada - Central (QC ON)

Fairbro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlingame, CA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW6WJF
Hi All,
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but originally come from New Zealand (30 years in California). Been overlanding for about 8-9 years now in a 2010 FJ Cruiser with an Adventure Trailer, mostly in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah. Always seem to be planning the next adventure, and looking forward to learning more from this community.

Attachments

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi All,
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but originally come from New Zealand (30 years in California). Been overlanding for about 8-9 years now in a 2010 FJ Cruiser with an Adventure Trailer, mostly in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah. Always seem to be planning the next adventure, and looking forward to learning more from this community.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

You are in the US West Region. @Narbob is your Regional Director.

Check out your local information and get involved here: OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you: Overland Bound Regions!

Here is the link to check out the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events: Overland Bound Meetups

Planning a trip or want to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

Welcome to our amazing community where we help each other outfit and explore because adventure is necessary!

Reactions: Fairbro

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi All,
Welcome to OB!!!
@Cendee gave you some great information. Let me add there’s a meetup south of you that you might want to check out. West - SF Bay Area/Coast Meet Up - Pescadero, CA.
Also, feel free to reach out to your Member Representative, @Magic Mike or me.

Fairbro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlingame, CA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW6WJF
Reactions: Narbob

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome @stringfellowhawk ,

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

Also there is a North Central Texas meet and greet planned.

If you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Cendee and Kent R

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Rig: 2017 Jeep Trailhawk
Been off-roading for years, however new to overlanding, but not new to camping. Pictures will follow it is a work in progress.
Great username! I used to love watching Airwolf.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2017 Jeep Trailhawk
Been off-roading for years, however new to overlanding, but not new to camping. Pictures will follow it is a work in progress.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

bfoster

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saint Johns, FL, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Foster
Member #

Hello all!

Rig: 2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
Overlanding Experience Background: Not a lot of experience but looking forward to it. I found this by accident while reading on another forum. I've been all over the world but seen very little of the USA so I am trying to make plans for a road trip out West next Spring and looking at all of the advice on how to outfit the Jeep, what to take, what to do, etc.

Zneelands

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rig.JPG
Hey all! I'm located in south orange county, ca and grew up doing the whole desert thing. I moved to the East Coast a few years ago and sold all of my offroading gear. About a year ago I picked up my montero after moving back tot he area and after a few trips my wife is surprisingly interested in doing more vehicle supported adventuring! The rig is a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero XLS, its currently got +1 size tires and I have an old man emu hd kit sitting the garage. I'm hoping to build it into a simple overland rig over the next few years!

igtyr6

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lee’s Summit, MO
First Name
Dakota
Last Name
Ogden
Member #

Hey all, member #16829 out of Leavenworth, KS, here! Looking to adventure and learn, and share as much as I can with ya'll. Currently finishing up my rig, a 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited. All I've got left for now is a front bumper and tire swing out, which I pick up upon completion in four weeks from DGG Fabrication in Springfield, MO. Hoping to see some of ya'll around soon! I'll be frequenting Kansas Rocks with my local Toyota group, actually will he there this Saturday, the 27th.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 95095
Hey all! I'm located in south orange county, ca and grew up doing the whole desert thing. I moved to the East Coast a few years ago and sold all of my offroading gear. About a year ago I picked up my montero after moving back tot he area and after a few trips my wife is surprisingly interested in doing more vehicle supported adventuring! The rig is a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero XLS, its currently got +1 size tires and I have an old man emu hd kit sitting the garage. I'm hoping to build it into a simple overland rig over the next few years!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. West - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey there folks,

• I'm located in the SF Bay Area, CA.
  • Purchased a 2006 LX470 in May of 2018. Still in mall crawler mode. Taking my time fixing it up.
  • Novice.
  • Love doing anything outdoors with the wife and kids :smile:.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There is a monthly meet-up in the San Francisco area and one in the Dublin area. Check the Rally Point area for further information. Or you can also check out the calendar for information.

I am your U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey all, member #16829 out of Leavenworth, KS, here! Looking to adventure and learn, and share as much as I can with ya'll. Currently finishing up my rig, a 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited. All I've got left for now is a front bumper and tire swing out, which I pick up upon completion in four weeks from DGG Fabrication in Springfield, MO. Hoping to see some of ya'll around soon! I'll be frequenting Kansas Rocks with my local Toyota group, actually will he there this Saturday, the 27th.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

JBarba

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Long Beach, CA, USA
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello My name is Jeremiah Barba. Really excited to be part of what looks like a great community with lots of info. Found it on YouTube and now I’m stoked to be a member.
I am a newbie to overlanding and have been already learning a lot on the posts as well as videos. So Thank you!!
My rig is a 2018 Toyota Tundra TRD 4x4 sport. Trying to get my rig right where I want it. And it is slowly getting there. Haha! Hope to meet some of you soon on one of these meet ups or on a trail somewhere.
Thanks for having me!!

Attachments