Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello,
My name is Mike from Phoenix, AZ.
I drive a 05 Jeep TJ.
I have been 4 wheeling for 18 years.
I have been on several week long trips and try and do a 3 day trip every month. I prefer going on trails that are harder and less traveled along with scouting new trails that may not have been traveled in a very long time. I tend to do a lot of solo travel and would love to meet some people with the skill set to join me.
Welcome Mike @Jeepman84 ,

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

Overland Expo West is coming up in a month and is being held in Flagstaff. Hope you can make it. Rally Point

If you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drifterman

Traveler I

Hello my name is Jason

Moved up to Anchorage last July from Las Vegas. I am going back to Vegas to pick up a 3rd Gen 4runner and drive it back up here. Then I plan on building it out or a trailer to enjoy the great outdoors up here.

97 4 runner with a fresh DJM motor
chaos racing control arms
fox shocks
custom roof rack
rock sliders

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Awesome, I’m planning a trip to Prudo Bay in the future, maybe we can look you up and you can show us around!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New member from Houston, TX. At the moment my rig is an '06 Tacoma double cab. Looking to upgrade to a 4Runner in the coming months. Looking forward to learning more from this community!
Welcome to Overland Bound

GT.MANLEY

Rank 0

Contributor I

TEXAS
Hello folks, new member here from Texas. Super stoked to get back into to the adventure life with my wife and son.
i grew up where we would load up the car on a weekend and just drive somewhere, I do this now but would really like to incorporate a little more wild camping and non paved roads.
i look forward to browsing this forum and soaking up a s much info as possible and maybe i can add some if the opportunity comes up.

GT Manley
Rig: 99 k1500 Suburban primarily stock
Overlanding Experience Background: novice

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome @GT.MANLEY,

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

If you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: GT.MANLEY

Guptonr

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks for the add. Looking forward to gleaning a lot of good overland info. I reside in a couple places, Memphis, TN and Greensboro, GA. I would consider myself an experienced novice. I drive a 2015 Jeep JK 2 door. Here’s a pic of it loaded and ready to go at the eastern terminus of the Old Mojave Trail I ran solo last fall.

Attachments

Pau Hana Travels

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Aloha, we are Gary and Stacey Quimby of Pau Hana Travels. "Pau Hana" in Hawaiian means done with work, quitting time, or happy hour and we are blessed to say that in our mid-40's we are both "done with work" (retired). We take advantage of this to travel full-time across North America with our motorhome who we call the Disco. She is accompanied on our travels by our 2013 Ford F-150 truck we have named Elsie. Elsie is the feminine nickname of Lewis and Clark (LC) since we are from the Pacific Northwest and Lewis and Clark has major ties to our home base area of Spokane, WA.

We are also content creators and run a YouTube channel by the same name where we help educate folks on the fulltime RV lifestyle as well as RVing to Alaska. We also facilitate a group on Facebook called RVing to Alaska that currently has over 7k members and growing everyday where we help educate on the does and dont's of traveling North to Alaska from the lower 48 and up through Canada with an RV.

In April of 2018 Elsie underwent some major upgrades to take her from a stock truck to an EPIC overlanding machine! We want to thank Meili's Truck Toppers and HazzardFabWorx in Spokane, WA and Cascadia Vehicle Tents in Bend, Oregon for an amazing job well done on all our modifications. Elsie is equipped with the following: Line X bedliner, RhinoRack Pioneer Elevation Roof Rack, Mt Rainier Extended Stargazer Summit CVT Tent, SnugTop Hi-Liner with the Sportsman package and a BedSlide and a complete suspension rebuild with Bilstein coil over shocks, 3 inch lift with leveling kit by BDS Suspension, S&B Cold Air Intake and EDGE HT2 Tuner, 3 1/2 inch Cat Back exhaust system, and 5 new Nitto Ridgegrappler 35x20 inch tires mounted on custom Method rims.

2018 didn't turn out exactly how we had hoped for our Overlanding adventures but 2019 should make up for it. We plan to return to Alaska in the next couple of weeks to spend the summer in the land of the midnight sun again. We plan to park the motorhome at a friends near Anchorage and get farther and deeper into the Alaskan wilderness that we can't reach with the motorhome.

We are hoping to find solutions on these forums to better equip our truck with a camping kitchen and other essentials to make Elsie more comfortable while on the road. We also look forward to meeting other folks to hit the trails with so Elsie can get see the dirt more often.

One note is we also just purchased a second vehicle, a Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude for the wife so both of our vehicles now are capable of getting off the pavement and hitting the trails.

Attachments

Pau Hana Travels

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Hello my name is Jason

Moved up to Anchorage last July from Las Vegas. I am going back to Vegas to pick up a 3rd Gen 4runner and drive it back up here. Then I plan on building it out or a trailer to enjoy the great outdoors up here.

fox shocks
custom roof rack
rock sliders
Hey Jason. We will be spending our summer in Alaska. Maybe we can hit a trail together sometime. We always like meeting the locals. Take care.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello my name is Jason

fox shocks
custom roof rack
rock sliders
Wow, that is one huge change going from Vegas to Alaska! Welcome to the Great Land of Alaska and to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Aloha, we are Gary and Stacey Quimby of Pau Hana Travels. "Pau Hana" in Hawaiian means done with work, quitting time, or happy hour and we are blessed to say that in our mid-40's we are both "done with work" (retired). We take advantage of this to travel full-time across North America with our motorhome who we call the Disco. She is accompanied on our travels by our 2013 Ford F-150 truck we have named Elsie. Elsie is the feminine nickname of Lewis and Clark (LC) since we are from the Pacific Northwest and Lewis and Clark has major ties to our home base area of Spokane, WA.

We are also content creators and run a YouTube channel by the same name where we help educate folks on the fulltime RV lifestyle as well as RVing to Alaska. We also facilitate a group on Facebook called RVing to Alaska that currently has over 7k members and growing everyday where we help educate on the does and dont's of traveling North to Alaska from the lower 48 and up through Canada with an RV.

In April of 2018 Elsie underwent some major upgrades to take her from a stock truck to an EPIC overlanding machine! We want to thank Meili's Truck Toppers and HazzardFabWorx in Spokane, WA and Cascadia Vehicle Tents in Bend, Oregon for an amazing job well done on all our modifications. Elsie is equipped with the following: Line X bedliner, RhinoRack Pioneer Elevation Roof Rack, Mt Rainier Extended Stargazer Summit CVT Tent, SnugTop Hi-Liner with the Sportsman package and a BedSlide and a complete suspension rebuild with Bilstein coil over shocks, 3 inch lift with leveling kit by BDS Suspension, S&B Cold Air Intake and EDGE HT2 Tuner, 3 1/2 inch Cat Back exhaust system, and 5 new Nitto Ridgegrappler 35x20 inch tires mounted on custom Method rims.

2018 didn't turn out exactly how we had hoped for our Overlanding adventures but 2019 should make up for it. We plan to return to Alaska in the next couple of weeks to spend the summer in the land of the midnight sun again. We plan to park the motorhome at a friends near Anchorage and get farther and deeper into the Alaskan wilderness that we can't reach with the motorhome.

We are hoping to find solutions on these forums to better equip our truck with a camping kitchen and other essentials to make Elsie more comfortable while on the road. We also look forward to meeting other folks to hit the trails with so Elsie can get see the dirt more often.

One note is we also just purchased a second vehicle, a Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude for the wife so both of our vehicles now are capable of getting off the pavement and hitting the trails.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here. South San Diego
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the add. Looking forward to gleaning a lot of good overland info. I reside in a couple places, Memphis, TN and Greensboro, GA. I would consider myself an experienced novice. I drive a 2015 Jeep JK 2 door. Here’s a pic of it loaded and ready to go at the eastern terminus of the Old Mojave Trail I ran solo last fall.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello folks, new member here from Texas. Super stoked to get back into to the adventure life with my wife and son.
i grew up where we would load up the car on a weekend and just drive somewhere, I do this now but would really like to incorporate a little more wild camping and non paved roads.
i look forward to browsing this forum and soaking up a s much info as possible and maybe i can add some if the opportunity comes up.

GT Manley
Rig: 99 k1500 Suburban primarily stock
Overlanding Experience Background: novice

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Ironhide