Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial
Hi everyone.
My name is Bill and I hail from the southern part of Australia in the Barossa Valley. Some people may know this as a well known wine producing region of the great land down under.
I drive a 2012 SH Forester which I have only recently down sized into after 7 years with my dual cab VW Amarok.

The little Forester will be undergoing a few modifications for the adventures to come. Hopefully I will come across a few more Aussies on here to share some adventures with. I have my 12 year old camper trailer which I built most of myself. A little rustic, but it works. Sadly it is a little more than I think the Forester should be hauling so I think a new version should be coming along soon.

Looking forward to spending some time on the forum

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi everyone.
My name is Bill and I hail from the southern part of Australia in the Barossa Valley. Some people may know this as a well known wine producing region of the great land down under.
I drive a 2012 SH Forester which I have only recently down sized into after 7 years with my dual cab VW Amarok.

The little Forester will be undergoing a few modifications for the adventures to come. Hopefully I will come across a few more Aussies on here to share some adventures with. I have my 12 year old camper trailer which I built most of myself. A little rustic, but it works. Sadly it is a little more than I think the Forester should be hauling so I think a new version should be coming along soon.

Hi Bill...welcome mate! I'm Adrian and NSW Member rep located in Tamworth NSW not sure if there is a rep in SA yet...anyway if you are up this way give me a shout out...quite a few Aussies on OB so you are bound to bump into someone!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone.

Welcome to Overland Bound

Tech666

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

I’m Josh.
Kinda new to overlanding but spent 8 years in the Air Force so that kinda helps (got a lot of chairs)
I live in Lakewood CA (for now)
Drive a 2014 Jeep JK (Evac) but also just built a trailer (no name yet)
I would say I’m a novice
Can’t wait to chat and maybe meet some new people and get ideas to update my rig

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,
My name is James from Sacramento, CA. I have a 2010 Ford Expedition EL 4WD, and very New to overlanding.
Last year I attended and volunteered in Overland Expo West.
I am glad to be part of this community.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting
Sacramento weekly meet-up.
Sacramento: Weekly Meet-up

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 91711

I’m Josh.
Kinda new to overlanding but spent 8 years in the Air Force so that kinda helps (got a lot of chairs)
I live in Lakewood CA (for now)
Drive a 2014 Jeep JK (Evac) but also just built a trailer (no name yet)
I would say I’m a novice
Can’t wait to chat and maybe meet some new people and get ideas to update my rig

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

San Fernando Valley
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-fernando-valley-los-angeles-ca-monthly-meet-up-sfv-rigs-and-coffee.19086/

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome to Overland Bound @Jeremiah Johnson! Thank you for your service. It's not too often that I come across people from Dallas, but a co-worker and good friend of mine is actually from there. That is a fantastic area with lots of access to fun outdoor adventures. There is a lot going on in your area, so I am sure you will find lots of awesome people to have fun with. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the member reps for your area and always have events cooking, so I recommend hearing over to the US NorthWest Region forum [link] and checking out the posts there. As events are planned, they are usually published on our Rally Point system [link] so that is a place to check periodically to see what is happening.

I look forward to meeting you out there someday. Until then, if you need anything please feel free to message me here @Jedi.
Look forward to meeting you soon! We have a very active Facebook page- Willamette Valley Overland Bound- come find us!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 91719
Hey everyone. Very new to overlanding but not to dirt. I’m into backpacking but looking for something new that I can do with my husband. We’re on California’s Central Coast. Would love to hear about some easy/ intro trails. Thanks!
View attachment 91719
Hey everyone. Very new to overlanding but not to dirt. I’m into backpacking but looking for something new that I can do with my husband. We’re on California’s Central Coast. Would love to hear about some easy/ intro trails. Thanks!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
The Bay Area has a meet-up group that has a reoccurring meet-up. Check it out in Rally Point, if your interested.
West - Official* OB Las Vegas Thread!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new member!!!! My name is Chris and I drive FozNasty, a 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i. I live in central Texas and have done a few long trips around the West, southwest and the Pnw as well as some exploring in the Appalachian mountains and the deep south. Working towards overlanding full time. I travel with my doggie Roxy. Member#17193, can't wait to meet more people from here!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone.

Overland Bound Meetups

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Tom and I am new here [emoji1] We live in NW Ohio. I have always wanted to build an overland rig and now is the time. Just bought a 2015 ram 2500 aka Black Betty. The wife and I are looking forward to getting our 3 kids, 6 and under, outdoors and exploring.

Will be starting off mostly stock with only dual exhaust and some slightly more aggressive tires. I bought a used ranch style bumper I will be modifying for better clearance and a 12k winch i have. I will be building my own bed rack as well. Our smittybuilt xl tent and annex will be arriving tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it together in the next 4-6 weeks and hit the road.

I have been enjoying this forum since I found it and look forward to contributing, and borrowing, many ideas. I joined immediately and cant wait to throw the emblems on the truck. View attachment 91643View attachment 91644

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: BLACK_BETTY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the add. Picked up a 2019 Colorado ZR2. First off-road type vehicle and look forward to taking out to trails and off the grid.
the Colorado is a very capable rig, we have had several of them on our trips with no issues at all. Great choice!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 91719

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members. There are several meet-up on the central coast.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey!

I’m Josh. I’m from central Illinois and drive a 2018 Tacoma. I’m complete newb to this but I’m pumped to get going (I’m sure I’ll be asking a ton of questions).
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman