Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

I'm Crystal and my husband is Eddie. We are sharing this profile as we both have trucks for overlanding. We are in Riverton, Utah and are pretty much newbies into overlanding. I have a 2010 4Runner and Eddie has a 2016 Tundra. We are slowly adding mods to both trucks, but the 4Runner will be the primary when offroading is involved. We don't have a picture of the Tundra yet, it is still pretty new to use (upgrade from the 2003 Tacoma in our profile picture).
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Moutain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!
Your Utah Member Representative is @Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, I'm Sean and i have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2. I have been living in Tooele Utah for about 5 years now but lived in Denver Colorado before i got moved for work. I pretty much have no over landing experience but i love to explore.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!
You member Representative in Utah is @Cendee

Reactions: Cendee

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Hello overlanders,
My name is Dave, I'm from Western Australia, my rig is a 2012 Volkswagen Amarok with a lot of mods, I have owned it since new and the first time it went off road was the day I picked it up from the dealership.
Prior to that I have had 2 Toyota Hiluxes, and a 120 series Toyota Prado.
All of my off road driving has been done here in Australia, plenty of sand, rock and mud.
Welcome Dave !

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Hi everyone,
I am from Perth Western australia,
We have some great 4x4 destinations both nearby and ones that will make very very long trips around 4,000kms.

My background comes from the country growing up with Hilux Utes and a d40 Nissan navara. My dad is a Volvo freak and currently has 4 Volvo's, one of which is his daily driver xc70 new from 2007, it has 280,000kms all of which hes done. This is my main inspiration to grab a cheap xc70 they go for between $2000-5000 AUD here which is a bargain project car.

I'm planning to do the bad Swede 2" lift with new Bilstein shocks, new contract arm bushings, full driver minor servicing, bash plates, a muffler delete, and maybe if the budget allows a tune as I would like some better fuel economy considering the extra weight and tyres I'll be running. Also better low down torque for on trails would be great to make the car behave more like a turbo diesel, yet still have good high revving power for on the pavement.

The main use for the car will be a daily driver albeit I only have to drive about 100km max per week for work, and then I use public transport to get to university. Then once a week I'm looking to do an overnight trip out on the tracks, which are either sand dunes/beaches, or steep Rocky Forrest terrain in the nearby hills. In winter we get lots of mud and bog holes but absolutely no snow which is sad.

My other car at the moment is a 1974 Volvo 164 on air bags with a Toyota 1jz swap making 340hp I have plans to soon get this tuned with a new ECU and to fix a few minor problems, this should see around 450hp - 500hp if I'm lucky. This car attracts alot of attention and is a joy to drive however it already drinks fuel, and soon with my new 264 duration cams it will be kept only for occasional weekends and car club meets.

I'm keen to get stuck into this Volvo project mainly to prove a lot of arrogant Toyota fan boy 4x4 cowboys wrong about the haldex awd system, yes it is a slip to grip electronic system but people heavily underestimate what it can do.

Just awaiting the sale of my current daily VW Jetta TDI to go out and purchase the lucky girl.

I will definitely be making a build thread and would appreciate any input and recommendations.

Cheers

Welcome !

Baytuckey

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Amarillo, Texas, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Michon

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!
Thanks guys

JBWhelchel

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Decatur, GA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Whelchel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF4YSB
Hello all! Name here is JB and I'm brand new to the Overlanding world. I've enjoyed decades of camping, hiking and just all around getting outdoors, but never had a vehicle that could go to some of the awesome places I see all of you going. Especially with all of the comforts of what you can take in off-road vehicle travel. Now I'm in a 2018 Ford F150 4x4 and I'm starting the build. Looking for some like-minded folks around the Southeast (especially Georgia) region to connect with and create some awesome experiences. I'm also a photographer, and I'm looking forward to taking my gear to some in-the-wild places, with some in-the-wild people. 73 (KF4YSB)

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all! Name here is JB and I'm brand new to the Overlanding world. I've enjoyed decades of camping, hiking and just all around getting outdoors, but never had a vehicle that could go to some of the awesome places I see all of you going. Especially with all of the comforts of what you can take in off-road vehicle travel. Now I'm in a 2018 Ford F150 4x4 and I'm starting the build. Looking for some like-minded folks around the Southeast (especially Georgia) region to connect with and create some awesome experiences. I'm also a photographer, and I'm looking forward to taking my gear to some in-the-wild places, with some in-the-wild people. 73 (KF4YSB)
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to meet you. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Jared. Just joined and excited to start hitting some trails. Just recently purchased my 5th Gen 4Runner and can’t wait to see how it does. I’m definitely not new to the offroad scene, but discovered the world of overlanding and it’s right up my alley. I am from NW Pennsylvania but plan to make some trips all over to see the country. But, I am definitely not opposed to some trips in my home state.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
I am Bryan, currently in South Charlotte NC area. I recently picked up a used 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD double cab with the long bed. It is basically stock at this point and looking forward to the upgrade and learning process. I wont bore you with a stock photo.

I feel like I caught the overland bug without knowing it back in 95-2001 when I was a track mechanic in the Army. I was the operator/driver of a 56 Ton M-88A1 recovery vehicle. We would deploy with this vehicle, repair and recover others and sleep/operate and "camp" out of it for sometimes weeks to months at a time.

There is a ton of info here and I am glad to have found and joined. Between youtube and here I will keep myself busy for sure.

Other random info.
I am a general Ham but have stuck mainly to digital modes so far. Looking forward to the challenge of mobile setup in the Toyota.
I would like to study and take the Extra exam at some point but happy with things as of now. JS8Call is amazing mode that I am interested in trying to incorporate into mobile operations.

I was Auto mechanic many years ago but have moved into IT related career path. I still enjoy everything from changing my own oil and routine maintenance to larger jobs that most would not do from a garage.
Love the country, camping, shooting, and recently picked up a used mountain bike also to hopefully help get myself back into shape and enjoy some trails that my truck will hopefully help get me to.

Looking forward to meeting some folks and learning and sharing.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: tobey1

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howsit from Stellenbosch, South Africa!

Second wife is a Toyota Hilux 4X4 2010, with a few extras. Done a fair bit of off roading but new to the camping aspect of it.

Glad to be part of this excellent community.

Cheers!

Overland Bound Meetups

We have growing membership in South Africa with meet-ups and trips being planed. If you have any questions you can message me @Kent R on the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Manteca, CA (NorCal)
JLUR (2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon)
I've been on some adventures with my 1993 YJ but I'm looking forward to pushing the limits this year with the addition of my JLUR.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There is meet-up in the Ripon/Modesto area; They have a meeting a week from now on the 17th.
Reoccurring - Central California Monthly Meet Up - 03/17/2019

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm new here and the truck posted is not my main off road vehicle. I have a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 that I plan to equip for the Overland Bound meets and travels. The Truck can do it but I'd rather be a little more comfortable.
Cant wait to hit the trail with you in the future.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is PJ Porter from west-central Missouri, I'll keep this short and sweet cause I'm on my phone at work,(shhhh don't tell my boss) I drive a '01 Jeep Wrangler TJ named Gypsy. She's my project and and tool to introduce my 3 year old son to adventure.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 87666
Here is a pic of my new rig - 2019 TRD Pro
Ive already ordered C4 rock sliders and a C4 Lo Pro winch bumper to prep for upcoming activities, can't wait to meet up with you guys for some off-road fun!

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet up in the Clovis area that meets everyone and awhile.

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 87663
Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
Experience: None so far but i'm really excited.

Overland Bound Meetups

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. Reoccurring - Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) Meet Up

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 87637View attachment 87636 Hi this is my family adventure wagon we have saved up for, and after a long time of dreaming finally own. It is a 2008 e350 wagon UJOR conversion with on board air, front and rear ARB lockers 4.56 gears. 11 passenger seating at current, maybe a interior camping conversion later. I currently need seating for our family of 7.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! This is my "rig" I say lightly as it has very few modifications. I'm new to the overlanding community but plan on increasing my overlanding in the upcoming months.

I am from Minnesota but attend school in Illinois. So I spend most of my time in the Central Midwest with occasional trips back home.
My rig is a 2003 Honda pilot I'm very new to the overlanding community. I have done a few camping trips in the Rocky Mountains which ignited my passion for the outdoors.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
I am Justin from South Texas. I came across this site a couple years ago but have recently started joining a few forums for the information they have available so here I am.

I currently have a 2015 Toyota Tundra. This is the lightest duty truck I have ever had but I made a leap of faith a few years ago into this one and haven't been disappointed yet. It doesn't have very many mods because honestly I have never needed them. I love exploring both on and off road, on foot, bike, or kayak and have been doing this since I was born.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m Isaiah and I live in Auburn, CA.

I just bought a 2014 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee, “for my wife”. I’ll post some photos later so that we can all see it before and after. I’m planning on doing either the RRO or the Rough Country lift and getting better and bigger tires along with a rocket box and some bike racks for camping.

I’m not experienced enough to do the rubicon just yet, but I have spent a fair bit of time on the trails growing up in Durango, CO.

I’m excited to get some help from all of you, and maybe help if I can.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!