• HTML tutorial

Ebony M

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Red Oak, IA, USA
Member #

Hi!

Still checking out the forum and all the info. I have an '07 Jeep Commander 4x4 4.7/V8 (Chip). Def. a novice but still figuring it all out before I [finish the renovations and] start full time living in the camper (Burrito) I got a 'lil bit ago. I travel for work so I am all over the place - I move at most every three months. Currently out in Iowa until summer. Looking forward to the adventures ahead. :grin:88405

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well, I joined and it's time to introduce myself... and test out the forum. I am certainly a "novice", I have only owned two 4x4 vehicles, both icons. I previously had a Mercedes G500 Gelandewagen, which proved too unreliable to own. I've moved on to a 2018 Toyota 4Runner. Contrary to most on the forum here, I am sure, mine is a Limited. It will do 90% duty on-road, and therefore Limited. The permanent 4WD is key in WI. I plan to take it on some off-road trails, and some camping as soon as possible, so anyone in the area please by all means reach out. I will also be taking a trip or two west this year, likely Glacier National Park and Colorado. I already have a TMT rack in the garage waiting to install, as well as a James Baroud Voyager RTT. The forum will not allow me to add a link to the photos of the T4R until I have posted more, so... there's that. I guess next post?
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you in the forums. Check the Rally Point section for your local meet-ups and you can also find ideas for your rig by looking other peoples build thread. Also go to the Overland Bound 4Runner registry and meet other 4Runner owners. If you have other questions reach out to @Jedi, I believe he is the member rep in your area.

Reactions: T4R-Josh

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello my name is Gavin, I'm looking to get more knowledge about overlanding by experiencing it myself and through the company of others.
Current Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Patriot Latitude
Overland Experience: Novice/Amateur
Welcome Gavin from Reno NV. We have a group in Reno that meets every second Wednesday of the month. Hope you can join us. Here is the link.
And here is the link to the Meetings and Trail Runs thread.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Just introducing myself. I'm excited to get to know some other people who share my enthusiasm for the outdoors.

Driving a 2017 TRD Pro (Cement color) that I picked up last month. So I'm just getting started on my build. I'll post some photos once I hit the minimum post count.
Welcome. I am in Utah also. What part are you in?
Just introducing myself. I'm excited to get to know some other people who share my enthusiasm for the outdoors.

Driving a 2017 TRD Pro (Cement color) that I picked up last month. So I'm just getting started on my build. I'll post some photos once I hit the minimum post count.
Welcome to OB. What part of Utah are you in? I am up North.

Welcome to OB. What part of Utah are you in? Im up North.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi!

Still checking out the forum and all the info. I have an '07 Jeep Commander 4x4 4.7/V8 (Chip). Def. a novice but still figuring it all out before I [finish the renovations and] start full time living in the camper (Burrito) I got a 'lil bit ago. I travel for work so I am all over the place - I move at most every three months. Currently out in Iowa until summer. Looking forward to the adventures ahead. :grin:View attachment 88405
Welcome to OB. That trailer is pretty awesome. I have never seen one, is the bottom canvas when it pops up?

T4R-Josh

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kenosha, WI, USA
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you in the forums. Check the Rally Point section for your local meet-ups and you can also find ideas for your rig by looking other peoples build thread. Also go to the Overland Bound 4Runner registry and meet other 4Runner owners. If you have other questions reach out to @Jedi, I believe he is the member rep in your area.
Thanks, I will check out the T4R registry also!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning, My name is Joel and I drive a 2014 Jeep JKUR. The jeep has as 2.5" lift and 35" tires. We recently found a RTT to put on top. We are located in Georgetown, Tx and look forward to being a part of this awesome community. Thanks for having us.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Justin, new to the overland community! Always had a passion for camping and automobiles so I’m pretty stoked to have found a community that combines both.

Vehicle: 2001 Tahoe
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Ebony M

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy! Am a very new beginner member who got interested in Overlanding after watching some youtube videos. I was an avid camper as a kid, but as I grew older and started a family it's just been put off. I'd like to give my kids adventures like the ones I used to have.

Rig: 2005 Jeep Wrangler X (Willys Edition)
Experience: none, but hoping to get some this spring & summer!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Jon Davy

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

UK
Member #

Hi from the UK, currently waiting for my membership to arrive in the post...

I have a Volvo C304 6x6 which was a Swedish military ambulance and I have just about finished converting it into our overland camper truck, of course it'll never be finished as there is always something else to add!

Jon.

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hi I'm Brian. I'm not new to four wheeling, but new to overlanding. I've owned several Broncos and a Nissan D10 for mostly trail riding in Florida. I came across some overlanding videos on youtube and it got me really excited about exploring out west. I'm looking to learn about all the tricks and nuances of overlanding and hopefully head out west for an adventure. Looking forward to exploring the forums!
Hi Brian, welcome and you came to the right place! Im sure this community will suck you in and you be exploring in no time.

Reactions: An Evil Gator

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Howdy! Am a very new beginner member who got interested in Overlanding after watching some youtube videos. I was an avid camper as a kid, but as I grew older and started a family it's just been put off. I'd like to give my kids adventures like the ones I used to have.

Rig: 2005 Jeep Wrangler X (Willys Edition)
Experience: none, but hoping to get some this spring & summer!
hi there, im also jake from Upstate SC. living in NC. welcome to OB and hopefully you get them out this summer, theres a LOT of great places around the Carolinas.

Ebony M

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Red Oak, IA, USA
Member #

Welcome to OB. That trailer is pretty awesome. I have never seen one, is the bottom canvas when it pops up?
It's a hardside popup per se... LOL. This was the biggest one they ever made- opened up it's about 33' but weighs in under 5k. It took a lot of research for me to find something in my tow range with what I felt was enough space lol. Here's a picture of it opened up. 88540