Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Kman220

Rank 0

Contributor I

CNY
Welcome to OLB!
I'm guessing that when you say you're from CNY you mean Central NY! Well so am I... just North of Syracuse.

Let me know what "support" you need for your build! I'll see how I can help.
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/
Hi Hank Outdoors!
Yes I work in Syracuse, but live down near Cortland. Thanks for the offer! This is all new and I am sure I will have questions along the way.
Thank you for the warm welcome!!

NESIA_TOVA

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tullahoma, TN, USA
First Name
Leslie
Last Name
Cappama
Member #

Hi all we are from the middle Tennessee area. We have a 2012 Nissan pathfinder r51. Just finished a 2 in lift and we are pretty much, beginners. Just paid for gaia gps and was brought to this site trying to figure out how to find places to go offroad in our area. I also plan on doing a yearly trip in sections of the tat but not sure if I can go with waypoints now that I have gaia. Any help instructions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hello There!

I'm Casey Craven, I live in Western NC, USA. I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser. Most (essentially all) of my "overland" experience involved me living out of an LAV 25 for 4 years. I've been more into rocks since I got this FJC, but I want to branch out.
Great looking rig. Welcome to the community, sounds like you’ll have some great experience to contribute right away!

Reactions: Casey Craven

bubbles05

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kailua, HI, USA
First Name
Page
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Hi Page!
Welcome to OLB and the East Region! Definitely a family friendly community!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/
Thanks Hank! Will do.

Traveler I

Hi everyone, my name is Clay and I'm in Lexington, KY. My wife and I have been in to Jeeps for awhile (2006 LJ Rubicon and 2018 JLU Rubicon) and this past year I've taken a dive into the Land Cruiser World. Currently I have two 1985 FJ60s and was planning to build one out for Overlanding but recently picked up a 1997 LX450 that will go through some restoration and be our Overlanding setup. I did a lot of backpacking and outdoor activities with Scouts growing up and now with two young children we're looking forward to traveling with them in the outdoors.

IMG_3206.JPG IMG_3100.JPG LJ Fence Realistic HDR.jpg

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Clay and I'm in Lexington, KY. My wife and I have been in to Jeeps for awhile (2006 LJ Rubicon and 2018 JLU Rubicon) and this past year I've taken a dive into the Land Cruiser World. Currently I have two 1985 FJ60s and was planning to build one out for Overlanding but recently picked up a 1997 LX450 that will go through some restoration and be our Overlanding setup. I did a lot of backpacking and outdoor activities with Scouts growing up and now with two young children we're looking forward to traveling with them in the outdoors.

View attachment 88113 View attachment 88114 View attachment 88115

GOOD LOOKING RUBICON!!

welcome to the community.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone! I’m Omar I’m looking to get back into camping and outdoors still trying to figure out how good an option it is to use my current rig, I look forward to get more knowledge and tips from y’all!!

Rig: 2015 Silverado 3500HD
Experience: intermediate
Welcome!!

Reactions: Clodo

tobey1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stuart, VA 24171, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tobey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
k4fmm
Hey everyone! I’m Omar I’m looking to get back into camping and outdoors still trying to figure out how good an option it is to use my current rig, I look forward to get more knowledge and tips from y’all!!

welcome!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Hello Omar and welcome. You didn't say whether or not your truck is a 4x4 or not. If it isn't, I wouldn't go off road onto anything except maintained dirt roads without it. (Been there and done that without much success also remembering that I always want to know that wherever I go I want to get back home and there is not always someone there to help you out of a situation) I think if I were you or your truck were mine I would watch a lot of the off road video's offered on utube before you make any decision to use your current rig. I had to make the same choice of which rig out of two that I already have. I decide my full size 4x4 Dodge Ram 250 was too big for the places I wanted to go. My other choice was to use my 2008 4 wheel drive Escape. It was small enough to go anywhere and big enough to do the job but it didn't have a low/high range transmission. Strike two. So I found a nice 2000 Model Land Rover Discovery that already has most of the equipment from the factory for some serious off road trips. All it needs is a lift for more height, the tires will do for now, some armor for the sides and rear and the addition of a winch. I bought the LRD for $2000 and plan a budget of $2000 for the modifications. I'll add a rear locker later when I get brave enough to climb some of the terrane out there. While looking I also found a lot of Older Jeep Cherokees and Toyotas. The cheap ones needed too much work and the decent ones were too expensive for me and all needed the same things the LRD needed. I hope you get a lot of experienced kickback info from our group. I think a lot of us had to make the same choices at one time or another. Good luck and good trailing.

Clodo

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Omar and welcome. You didn't say whether or not your truck is a 4x4 or not. If it isn't, I wouldn't go off road onto anything except maintained dirt roads without it. (Been there and done that without much success also remembering that I always want to know that wherever I go I want to get back home and there is not always someone there to help you out of a situation) I think if I were you or your truck were mine I would watch a lot of the off road video's offered on utube before you make any decision to use your current rig. I had to make the same choice of which rig out of two that I already have. I decide my full size 4x4 Dodge Ram 250 was too big for the places I wanted to go. My other choice was to use my 2008 4 wheel drive Escape. It was small enough to go anywhere and big enough to do the job but it didn't have a low/high range transmission. Strike two. So I found a nice 2000 Model Land Rover Discovery that already has most of the equipment from the factory for some serious off road trips. All it needs is a lift for more height, the tires will do for now, some armor for the sides and rear and the addition of a winch. I bought the LRD for $2000 and plan a budget of $2000 for the modifications. I'll add a rear locker later when I get brave enough to climb some of the terrane out there. While looking I also found a lot of Older Jeep Cherokees and Toyotas. The cheap ones needed too much work and the decent ones were too expensive for me and all needed the same things the LRD needed. I hope you get a lot of experienced kickback info from our group. I think a lot of us had to make the same choices at one time or another. Good luck and good trailing.

Haha I missed that one, Yes it’s a 4x4!!! Awesome information! After reading a bit in some older threads and see there are lots of people using full size but as you said it does depend where you want to go, And I love the idea of trying to sort a dedicated rig, there are many capable older model cars that just need some care and a mod here and there, cause many times we forget that the whole idea of overlanding in general no matter what it means to each and everyone of us it’s all about having fun!!!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Haha I missed that one, Yes it’s a 4x4!!! Awesome information! After reading a bit in some older threads and see there are lots of people using full size but as you said it does depend where you want to go, And I love the idea of trying to sort a dedicated rig, there are many capable older model cars that just need some care and a mod here and there, cause many times we forget that the whole idea of overlanding in general no matter what it means to each and everyone of us it’s all about having fun!!!
Yes, I agree but I cant have much fun if I bang up a valuable rig that has to be worked on for a week before I can go again. If the rig is built it doesn't make much difference what it looks like as long as it does the job you ask it to do. When you have a rig that has a specific use, it may not be as useful for the everyday drive. There is a happy medium I think and that is where I want to be. I'm not about to ask my rig to do something it wasn't designed to do. I don't plan to do any radical things myself but I want to go just about anywhere others can go as a group. I'm not young enough to be out there in the wilderness by myself so that wont happen either. I like the way member No. 0000 and his wife Amanda use their rig. Have you watched any of their expeditions ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Dang it man, I really love that Yeller Toyote. Just my style and I'm envious, waaaaaaa

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Welcome Clay from KY! Great to have you here! Some great looking vehicles you have there Clay!!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Welcome Omar!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

No Duelies here but check this out for full size trucks....