Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hi all, I'm Sean and i have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2. I have been living in Tooele Utah for about 5 years now but lived in Denver Colorado before i got moved for work. I pretty much have no over landing experience but i love to explore.
Hello Sean, I'm a newbie this last week as well. Don't know how I missed seeing you here but welcome to the Outland Bound group. I too am a Land Rover Discovery 2 (LRD2) owner as of recently, (unposted photo) and want to congratulate you on your choice of vehicles (anyone can own a Jeep or Toyota "HA") . Maybe we can meet up at a future Overland event. I cant make it to the Salt Lake event this month but I'd bet you will be there. Anyway I just wanted to say hi and welcome you on board. Keep her rolling !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
View attachment 87992

Hey everyone,

My name is Mike and I am not new to overlanding and off-roading. Took a 8 year break and got back I to it last year. Currently I’m working on outfitting and building up my new to me 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport. Hit me up if your anywhere around Orange County, CA and maybe we can hits some trails and camp.
Hello Unbound4R, WELCOME ! Really like your ride. Have many friends in California and use to live 65 miles N.E. of Sacramento many many years ago in a place called Outingdale. Still have friends in Orange county but have lost track recently. Happy Trails, stay out of the mud slides this spring...

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Unbound4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leander, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6UXD
Hello Unbound4R, WELCOME ! Really like your ride. Have many friends in California and use to live 65 miles N.E. of Sacramento many many years ago in a place called Outingdale. Still have friends in Orange county but have lost track recently. Happy Trails, stay out of the mud slides this spring...
Will do since I always avoid mud as much as possible lol

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi all, newbie here to the Overland forum

1) Picture - see my profilee
2) Location - OKC, OK
3) Rig 2002 Ford Excursion
4) Overlanding Experience Background - Novice

We're an adventure minded family of 5, looking forward to meeting like minded folks! Love the outdoors, camping, and sitting around a good fire.
Hello, just wanted to know if you like your famous Oklahoma Outlaw Street racers too. They are a great bunch of people and I particularly like "CHIEF".
Your old Ford ought to "get er done" !

ShawnM

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fairfax, VA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4SDM
We are located in Northern Virginia. I have grown up spending a lot of time in the outdoors and especially in wilderness locations backpacking, canoeing, or kayaking. As I look back, we almost always got to these areas in a car (vehicle), camping along the way. I am looking forward to learning from this community as we continue our adventures! Our current rig is 2010 FJ Cruiser TT. Mostly stock at the moment. (Photo is from Overland Expo East 2018, courtesy of Space Coast Adventures!)

Attachments

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hey there fellow outlanders,

Im jake, originally from SC, living in north Carolina, and currently overseas for a while. My rig is a 2007 jeep JKU and I have a ton of experience in the offroading realm and trail riding, as far as outlanding, Im sure im what most would call a novice. Glad to be involved in the community and cant wait to get home and start giving back.3.jpg received_1507568106006951.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi Jake, welcome to the Outland Bound site. I hope you get home quickly too and thank you for serving. As far as giving back anything, you don't owe anything, we all owe you. Your rig doesn't look like it needs any education, she's a beauty and your the beast that will thrash her. Good Luck, Hurry home.

Reactions: avgjoe624

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hi Jake, welcome to the Outland Bound site. I hope you get home quickly too and thank you for serving. As far as giving back anything, you don't owe anything, we all owe you. Your rig doesn't look like it needs any education, she's a beauty and your the beast that will thrash her. Good Luck, Hurry home.
Oh no. no one owes me anything, I thoroughly enjoy my job. I just cant wait to get back to the homeland. I plan on taking a break and doing the Trans Am Trail next year. Im building her up to the challenge.

Baytuckey

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Amarillo, Texas, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Michon
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Rig: 2018 TRD OFF ROAD Tacoma
Experience: Novice looking to change that this summer.

New ARB bumper and looking for suggestion on suspension

Also I’m new to forums so struggle through this.

Reactions: Kent R and ZRex

bubbles05

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kailua, HI, USA
First Name
Page
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Hello All:

I'm Page, from Austin, TX but just moved to Arlington, VA after nearly two decades in SoCal. My family and I overlanded almost exclusively between SoCal and the Badlands of S Dakota as we moved across the country this past summer; it was an epic trip!

I've ridden bicycles, and motorcycles all over the U.S., Europe and North Africa. I've driven in a lot in the American Southwest, and a little on the East Coast. I've flown in a lot of places around the world.

I'm back to a point in my life where I have free time to explore interests that I try to align with spending time with my wife and kids; I feel Overlanding is a quality venue for this. I look forward to traveling and learning from the avid group in Northern VA. What I've seen so far is a nearly endless amount of trail, both in technical difficulty and topographic diversity in my region.

I've viewed forums for many, many years and just recently started to contribute. Still fumbling through phone vs laptop for interface / etiquette and style, but hell I'm more interested in the driving so apologies if I'm clumsy...

Attachments

Contributor I

Making my introduction!

My name is Chris, and I live off the coast in TX on Galveston island. I have a 2wd 1500 ram that has been a really nice blank canvas for all of my ridiculous ideas. I sold my 2012 JKU on 35s when i was laid off, and picked this truck up. Sometimes i regret not doing 4x4, but coming from jeeps i know what the truck should and should not be doing. I decided to lift it about 5 months ago, since the island im on loves to flood. (It was 2/5 dropped when i moved here... no go for the flooding.)
I was building a squaredrop camper, for doing some semi-remote camping. I worked on it for about 1.5 years, started it when i had my JKU as a solution for the low tow rating. To make that story short, the weekend maiden voyage trip ended up being the first and last time i ever used the camper. The coupling failed and the trailer bounced off my dad's truck and flipped a few times into a ditch.

After taking a few months to lick my wounds, i picked up a camper shell for the truck and have slowly planned on moving a lot of the camp goodies from the trailer to the truck. I have a layout planned for the rear that is a removable sleep setup, and want to use the truck for impromptu primitve camping when i take off on wheel trips with buddies.

i joined to lurk and search through the tons and tons of info here, and get some ideas for how to move forward on my build. cant wait to get some time under my belt on this forum. Here are a few pics of the rig!

This pic is sorta a joke, my buddy is a big fan of REI so i had to drive my "overland setup" there to mess with him.

The ole camper (may she rest in peace)

the interior

I'm currently planning out a custom rack on the shell that i can't wait to get some opinions on from the forums. Thanks for having me!

Adam Babcock

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Caruthersville, MO, USA
Member #

Formally introducing myself.

Adam, from Caruthersville, MO (extreme southeast part of the state). Current rig is a copper brown 2015 Wrangler JKU, fairly new to overlanding - done one trip in Arkansas (High Water Mark trail), one in the Ozarks near Van Buren, MO, and several trips in the LBL area of Kentucky. Looking forward to a lot more.

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello All:

I'm Page, from Austin, TX but just moved to Arlington, VA after nearly two decades in SoCal. My family and I overlanded almost exclusively between SoCal and the Badlands of S Dakota as we moved across the country this past summer; it was an epic trip!

I've ridden bicycles, and motorcycles all over the U.S., Europe and North Africa. I've driven in a lot in the American Southwest, and a little on the East Coast. I've flown in a lot of places around the world.

I'm back to a point in my life where I have free time to explore interests that I try to align with spending time with my wife and kids; I feel Overlanding is a quality venue for this. I look forward to traveling and learning from the avid group in Northern VA. What I've seen so far is a nearly endless amount of trail, both in technical difficulty and topographic diversity in my region.

I've viewed forums for many, many years and just recently started to contribute. Still fumbling through phone vs laptop for interface / etiquette and style, but hell I'm more interested in the driving so apologies if I'm clumsy...
Welcome from Arlington, VA as well! Glad to have you in the community.

Reactions: bubbles05

Baldspot82

Rank 0

Contributor I

Here’s my short intro. The name is Ben. From South Louisiana. I’ve been interested in overlanding for some time now. My rig is a stock 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 Hemi with some Toyo R/Ts. Originally the truck was purchased to pull a travel trailer but a few recent trips (Arkansas/Oklahoma) IMG_1059.JPGwith out the trailer took me off the beaten path on some semi managed off road trails. Not interested in crazy rough trails just looking to see more great views and places that conventional traveled roads won’t take me. Looking to do an early June trip up to Colorado Springs area. I found this forum and thought I’d give it a shot to see what’s out there.

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Here’s my short intro. The name is Ben. From South Louisiana. I’ve been interested in overlanding for some time now. My rig is a stock 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 Hemi with some Toyo R/Ts. Originally the truck was purchased to pull a travel trailer but a few recent trips (Arkansas/Oklahoma) View attachment 88054with out the trailer took me off the beaten path on some semi managed off road trails. Not interested in crazy rough trails just looking to see more great views and places that conventional traveled roads won’t take me. Looking to do an early June trip up to Colorado Springs area. I found this forum and thought I’d give it a shot to see what’s out there.
Welcome to the group Ben, great to have you with us. You can check out the forums for the various regions you’re interested in. Louisiana is South East Region, and Colorado is Rocky Mountain Region. For any travels you have planned its always good to reach out to members in that area as they know the spots to go (and you may even get a guide!). There is a ton if info on here, so tap into that. Safe travels!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Kman220

Rank 0

Contributor I

CNY
Hi Everyone!
I’m new to overlanding, really new, but have always been an outdoors person. I joined to learn more as well as look for support and I begin my build. I do a fair amount of hiking, biking, kayaking etc. and I been on various camping adventures, whether tent, trailer or even hammock. I now hope to enjoy the trails and outdoors in a new way! Happy to be here and read all about others adventures, gear lists and builds.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

We are located in Northern Virginia. I have grown up spending a lot of time in the outdoors and especially in wilderness locations backpacking, canoeing, or kayaking. As I look back, we almost always got to these areas in a car (vehicle), camping along the way. I am looking forward to learning from this community as we continue our adventures! Our current rig is 2010 FJ Cruiser TT. Mostly stock at the moment. (Photo is from Overland Expo East 2018, courtesy of Space Coast Adventures!)
Hey Shawn! It's always nice to see another FJ!!!
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello All:

Hi Page!
Welcome to OLB and the East Region! Definitely a family friendly community!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound your local Member Rep.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

Reactions: bubbles05

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi Everyone!
I’m new to overlanding, really new, but have always been an outdoors person. I joined to learn more as well as look for support and I begin my build. I do a fair amount of hiking, biking, kayaking etc. and I been on various camping adventures, whether tent, trailer or even hammock. I now hope to enjoy the trails and outdoors in a new way! Happy to be here and read all about others adventures, gear lists and builds.
Welcome to OLB!
I'm guessing that when you say you're from CNY you mean Central NY! Well so am I... just North of Syracuse.

Let me know what "support" you need for your build! I'll see how I can help.
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.