• HTML tutorial

BigRed02

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Post Falls, ID, USA
Member #

Hello All!

New to overland from Post Falls Idaho and looking forward to meeting and making new friends who enjoys the outdoors as much as I.
I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler X with the 4.0 Inline six. I purchased the jeep with 35's on it and have since dropped down to 33's AT BF Goodrich tires as they are a little more forgiving on the street. So many things I want to add but one thing at a time. Last weekend put a new rear bumper and tire carrier on the back. Next project will be a new front bumper with winch and afterwards a safari roof rack.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello All!

New to overland from Post Falls Idaho and looking forward to meeting and making new friends who enjoys the outdoors as much as I.
I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler X with the 4.0 Inline six. I purchased the jeep with 35's on it and have since dropped down to 33's AT BF Goodrich tires as they are a little more forgiving on the street. So many things I want to add but one thing at a time. Last weekend put a new rear bumper and tire carrier on the back. Next project will be a new front bumper with winch and afterwards a safari roof rack.
Welcome to Overland Bound, great looking rig, be sure to check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Boomer82

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma
Getting ready to outfit my F150 for overland and need recommendations between Tepui XL and Smittybilt XL. If I'm correct, Smittybuilt has a larger door on at the back of the annex, which can be great to have the tent opening to the rear. I have also seen that the Tepui is more popular but not sure if that has to do with better marketing or simply a better tent. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Ill be posting pictures of the build up soon..
I looked at the smitty as well but it was a little heavier than I’d like. I found the tuff stuff ranger on amazon that has great reviews, comes with the annex and is around 130lbs total weight. Also looking at the ARB Simpson 3, also comes w annex, but heavier built so weighs around 170 lbs. price of the smitty is attractive but the reviews I read/watched didn’t win me over. Just my 2 cents brother, keep us updated on what you choose and how it works.

RoverOne

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rainy River, ON, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Fairfield
Member #

Well I'd like to introduce myself. My name's Mike, I'm from Rainy River, Ontario (small town of 1000 people)
My rig is a 2013 F150 xlt

Current mods are
3" leveling kit
Pocket fender flares
33" tires on 18" black rims
Prerunner front light bar with 3 - 9" round led lights
Hood mounted led ditch lighters
HID headlight conversion
Smoke led taillights and 3rd brake light
Smitty bilt roof top tent

Future mods are.
Custom tube bed rack for rtt
6" suspension lift
35" tires
Lots more, too many to list.

I'm extremely new to overland, but it has always interested me, so I decided to dive in. Can't wait for the summer to come.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello All!

Welcome to Overland Bound, @BigRed02. It sounds like you already are on track with meeting the locals at the upcoming meetup. @Sandpoint Steve is the organizer and is on top of getting things moving in your area. There is also a monthly conference call for the North Idaho/Northeast Washington area that he hosts.

I hope to make it out to your area sometime later this year and meet you and the other great members there. If you need anything, please feel free to send me a message on the forums, @Jedi.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well I'd like to introduce myself. My name's Mike, I'm from Rainy River, Ontario (small town of 1000 people)

Current mods are
3" leveling kit
Pocket fender flares
HID headlight conversion

Future mods are.
6" suspension lift
35" tires

I'm extremely new to overland, but it has always interested me, so I decided to dive in. Can't wait for the summer to come.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

View attachment 84922 Hello! New to the Overland Bound community, but not to the ideas/principles that OB is founded on!

I am having trouble "activating" my account though - sent a message to the admin or whatever to try activate my account :-/

Anywho....I have uploaded a picture of my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon for you all to see! It's a work in progress, but the basics are the (lift, tires, roof rack, etc). Next major additions will be to install front and rear bumpers w/ tire carrier from AEV once they're released sometime before the end of summer (hopefully) and a witch to go along with that front bumper.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, pretty much raised here so love the desert landscape and the state of AZ and the variety of terrain it offers throughout the state.

I'd say i'm in between novice and experienced...haha. Not new to offroading, have owned 5 Jeeps in my life - 4 wranglers, ( YJ, TJ, JKU and now my JLUR) and then also own a 2015 Grand Cherokee. Have camped a lot in my life, grew up in Boy Scouts, so have always loved the outdoors, exploring, etc. I am however, new(er) to overlanding in the context of trips that are a few days/weeks long without a central base camp.

I'll actually be doing a bit of actual overlanding in the next few months on the Devil's Highway in southwest AZ into CA in a week and a half, and then the Mojave trail in April. That's with a club I'm in called Jeep Expeditions based mainly out of AZ, but have lots of members in CA, TX (as well as members in other states too that join on the expeditions that are planned). The club tends to focus on overlanding expedition trips, some of which can be a few days long, other a week or two, even trips that are a month long and are more "once in a lifetime experience" trips.

Having said all that, I'm excited to venture into the Overlanding world, and from what I see, Overland Bound is a great launching point to learn more participate more in the world of Overlanding

To check out more of my current Jeep build and the adventures that are involved with that, follow my instagram - @azonajp Be sure to follow it as more adventures are on the horizon as well as additional mods to make my Wrangler even more capable.
Your account appears to be activated. Are you having issues accessing anything?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
So a few 4x4's in the family fleet in Trussville, AL: My 2001 WJ Laredo 4.7L bone stock, my wife's 2004 LR Disco2 (which she refuses to drive in dirt) and our 2017 F-250 6.7L PS (used to tow a 5th Wheel). Zero overlanding experience, BUT as we enjoy boondocking in the fiver, I am looking forward to 'camping' as opposed to RV'ing, away from maddening crowds.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Current mods are
3" leveling kit
Pocket fender flares
HID headlight conversion

Future mods are.
6" suspension lift
35" tires

Hi Mike! Welcome to OLB and the Canada - Central Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Looking for the Canada - Central Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/canada-central-qc-on.120/

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kim Guanzon here.
New member from Utah, USA
Here's my Rig:

2013 Toyota 4runner Limited

I'm a complete noob when it comes to overlanding and I am hoping to meetup with likeminded folk and learn.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey everyone. New to the site. I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. My rig is a 5th gen 4 Runner. I'm planning a trip down to Oregon to visit CVT and pick up our new roof top tent and then camp our way back up the coast in mid March.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Sea To Sky Overland! The Island is a beautiful place... one that I am looking forward to exploring later this year or next year. The Canada - West (B.C.) Region [link] is really starting to grown lately and the proximity to the US Northwest Region [link] makes it even easier to share in activities. I highly recommend checking out the forums for both of the regions. Your trip to Oregon sounds like a fun one with a great prize when you reach the destination!

If you would like to know what activities are going on, you can check out the Rally Point system [link]. There you can filter for events by region.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you on the trail some day. Until then, if you need anything just send me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Current mods are
3" leveling kit
Pocket fender flares
HID headlight conversion

Future mods are.
6" suspension lift
35" tires

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. New to the site. I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. My rig is a 5th gen 4 Runner. I'm planning a trip down to Oregon to visit CVT and pick up our new roof top tent and then camp our way back up the coast in mid March.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

New to the group from the Northern Illinois Area.

I have a 2006 Hummer H2. So far just a Garvin roof rack and a Smitty Built roof top tent. Most my experience is camping and overland type camping has been my goal for a couple of years.
Excited to have this resource.

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Reactions: JeffPetty