First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
View attachment 83369 Hello OB!
I finally decided to join the site after a few years of lurking and following OB instagram.
My Rig: 2013 Tacoma DBL cab sr5
Experience: semi confident and always learning.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Alex Orr! The Portland area is a fantastic part of the PNW with access to many great outdoor adventures. If you can make it, we are having a meetup next Monday, January 28th, at the Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que - Cascade Station in Portland [link].

Even if you can't make it, I highly recommend strolling over to the NorthWest Region forum [link] to get to know your neighbors. You can also take a look at events occurring in the area by visiting the Rally Point system [link].

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Good morning everyone
I'm a new member, my name is Amory from Salem OR
I've been getting interested in overlanding, and exploring the OBDR. Last year I bought this 2002 Tahoe, which I am planning to work on this summer getting prepared for overlanding.
I'm no where near where I need to be, but I thought I'd join this community for tips, tricks, shared advice, and to find like minded people in my area. My plans would include my wife and son, and possibly a dual sport bike along with the Chevy Tahoe.
I know full size non-toyotas are not the normal fare, but I assume with the right tires, winch, lighting, etc. and gear the Tahoe will do what I need it to.
Welcome. OR is one of my favorite places to visit.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello all, new member here!

Pueblo, Colorado
2015 P4x Frontier -Slightly Modified
Medium off-road experience running CO trails in previously built rigs. Looking to get more into the exploring aspects rather than just day trails.

Looking forward to connecting with a great group of people and learning all I can!
Welcome to the party! :0)

RigidYota

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey,

Im up in Cananda and have goals to get down into the states more but its also so hard to leave when my backyard is the Canadian Rockies. What kind of support do we have up in canada on this forum? I've been watching the youtube videos and figured it was time to join this group.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
-Just got a new to me rig, so no good pictures yet
2) Location (General area is fine)
-Cremona, Canada (Not too far outside of Calgary)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
-2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited (the wife wanted some luxuries lol)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Id call myself somewhere between novice and whatever is above that, I had a Tacoma I was exploring with for about 5 years and now onto the 4Runner to keep at it.

Excited to join this group!

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Welcome, @Issac Gutierrez, to Overland Bound and the ever growing swell of people in the NorthWest Region! I'm guessing, by your lineup of trucks, that you don't like Toyota? Just Kidding! All kidding aside, Salem is a great place for a budding overlander and, thanks to @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli, you will find lots of opportunities to meet other overlanders as well as get out and adventure. There is a Willamette Valley- Overland Bound Facebook group [link] that may be of interest to you.

You can also stop into the NorthWest Region forums [link] to get to know who else is in the region and hear about events. Of course, events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Does anyone like Toyota’s [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey,

Im up in Cananda and have goals to get down into the states more but its also so hard to leave when my backyard is the Canadian Rockies. What kind of support do we have up in canada on this forum? I've been watching the youtube videos and figured it was time to join this group.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
-Just got a new to me rig, so no good pictures yet
2) Location (General area is fine)
-Cremona, Canada (Not too far outside of Calgary)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
-2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited (the wife wanted some luxuries lol)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Id call myself somewhere between novice and whatever is above that, I had a Tacoma I was exploring with for about 5 years and now onto the 4Runner to keep at it.

Excited to join this group!
Welcome. Nothing wrong with a little luxury. When you get some pics, don't forget to visit the 4Runner registry thread.

DAVE DYNAMITE

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
DAVE
Last Name
BERGERON
Member #

IMG_9227.JPG

Rig: 1994 Jeep Cherokee
Experience: none

Hello everyone! My name is Dave, I own a Jeep cherokee and am from Livermore, Ca. I’ve had my Jeep for quite some time and have gotten bitten by the overland bug. I know nothing right now, but hoping to figure things out as I go.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

View attachment 83384

Rig: 1994 Jeep Cherokee
Experience: none

Hello everyone! My name is Dave, I own a Jeep cherokee and am from Livermore, Ca. I’ve had my Jeep for quite some time and have gotten bitten by the overland bug. I know nothing right now, but hoping to figure things out as I go.
Experience isn't necessary. Just good time fun and adventure. Welcome.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
My goals. :0) Dont mind the dirty windshield...LOL!!!
View attachment 83392
Dirty is good, an overlanding vehicle just doesn’t look right clean. Loving the compass logo on the bonnet similar to ours.
This pic is Wakhan Valley in Tajikistan on the Afghan Border
_DAS3752.jpg

AVneanderthal

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome. OR is one of my favorite places to visit.
Thanks!
Yeah I love the outdoors here in Oregon, though it's not the best place to live - I feel like moving to Utah, Montana, or Idaho. Or maybe just to eastern Oregon.
We have great stuff here, high desert, waterfalls, mountains, lakes and rivers, even sand dunes - I just wish the politics of portland and eugene weren't making this such a terrible place to work and stuff

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi everyone on OB,

Rig: 2001 Jeep Wrangler
Experience: 3 week trip from Arizona to Wisconsin and back last September. Looking forward to new experiences.
Welcome IvanC lots of support and experience here for you to tap into and of course share your experience.
Look forward to following your adventures

Reactions: IvanC