Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jerry Mackenzie joined a while back but never posted I’m in Raleigh NC I have a 06 Toyota 4Runner just getting into over landing and looking from some nice places near me
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings All, I'm new to this group and new to this type of overlanding. Been a dual sport motorcycle traveler mostly, did the ride up to Deadhorse AK and back journey on the bike two Summers ago. But now it's time for me to transition from two wheels to four. I guess I'm sort of starting from scratch. I purchased a 2016 Tacoma TRD Pro 4X4 that's pretty stock. The tires are decent to start with, so I'm guessing my first purchase will be sliders. I intend to kit it out solidly for overland journeys over the coming months, or more likely, years. I'm also a hiker, backpacker and trail runner. Anything that gets me out of doors an onto my next journey works for me.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There is a new group starting up in called Salem, Oregon - Overland Bound, currently they are only on FB but will soon be posting their meet-ups on the forum.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R or the NW Assistant Ambassador @Jedi

Reactions: JourneyMan

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Greetings All, I'm new to this group and new to this type of overlanding. Been a dual sport motorcycle traveler mostly, did the ride up to Deadhorse AK and back journey on the bike two Summers ago. But now it's time for me to transition from two wheels to four. I guess I'm sort of starting from scratch. I purchased a 2016 Tacoma TRD Pro 4X4 that's pretty stock. The tires are decent to start with, so I'm guessing my first purchase will be sliders. I intend to kit it out solidly for overland journeys over the coming months, or more likely, years. I'm also a hiker, backpacker and trail runner. Anything that gets me out of doors an onto my next journey works for me.
Welcome to Overland Bound @JourneyMan! It sounds like you have already had some incredible journeys on the dual sport. The Taco is a great platform for a solid overland rig with lots you can get out and enjoy, even in stock configuration. Take your time and do the mods as the need arises instead of launching into mods only to find out later that they don't really do anything for you.

As @Kent R mentioned, there is a group of Salem area OB members who are coordinating on Facebook [link] lead by @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli. Beyond that group, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your "neighbors". Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

LoveLiftAdventure

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, FL, USA
Member #

Good morning everyone!

I’m new to posting on forums so please bear with me.

Name: Mike
Rig: 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Experience level: Novice (I camp ALOT and I’m always road tripping in Big Red)

Been wanting to join for some time now. I even purchased the stickers a while back and have them on my rig. Just saw a member from up north driving here in Miami and he spoke to me in traffic. That’s when I knew I had to join this amazing group. (Shoutout to you sir from up North!!)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning everyone!

I’m new to posting on forums so please bear with me.

Name: Mike
Rig: 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Experience level: Novice (I camp ALOT and I’m always road tripping in Big Red)

Been wanting to join for some time now. I even purchased the stickers a while back and have them on my rig. Just saw a member from up north driving here in Miami and he spoke to me in traffic. That’s when I knew I had to join this amazing group. (Shoutout to you sir from up North!!)

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Reactions: LoveLiftAdventure

Jakeapclyps

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Gordo
Howdy!

I'm Jake, I live in and escape from Washington D.C. so GW National forest, west Virginia, Shenandoah are my frequents.
`99 dodge Durango 5.2 4x4

Moderate 4x4 experience in search of mountain biking, overlanding fits perfectly.

For all the grief dodge gets, my Durango has gotten me across the country twice and played a bunch in between. It's no crawler but it still puts a smile on. Happy trails!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy!

I'm Jake, I live in and escape from Washington D.C. so GW National forest, west Virginia, Shenandoah are my frequents.

Moderate 4x4 experience in search of mountain biking, overlanding fits perfectly.

For all the grief dodge gets, my Durango has gotten me across the country twice and played a bunch in between. It's no crawler but it still puts a smile on. Happy trails!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Howdy!

Welcome Jake!

There are a few of us in the NOVA/DC area. Be sure to check out the Northern VA/MD Thread.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Name: Bryan Hildebrand
Rig: 2017 Winter Edition JKU
Experience Level: Amateur or so. I've done lots of outdoor travel, but mostly in the winter and snowshoeing/hiking. Now Im'm getting older and needed a hobby. Bingo, this is it. I've done quite a bit over the past 3 years.
Texas - Big Bend, Caprock Canyon State Park
Colorado - Ouray, Telluride, Silverton, Durango, Aspen
Wyoming - Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Bondurant, Gannett Peak
Montana - Billings, Butte, Glacier National Park, Kalispell, Whitefish
New Mexico - NM has so much to offer that doesn't get talked about. We have a cabin at the 9,000' elevation outside Cleveland near Angel Fire and Taos. Lots going on between Cleveland and Angel Fire, Then there is Cloudcroft to the south. And even further south is Carlsbad Cavern areas. High elevation mountains to low elevation and hot deserts. New Mexico has it all.

Jakeapclyps

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Gordo
Hey thanks! I'm looking for the northern va/md thread but not having luck finding it. I'm looking in the regional east USA section, but no luck
Welcome Jake!

There are a few of us in the NOVA/DC area. Be sure to check out the Northern VA/MD Thread.[/QUOTE
Hey thanks a bunch! See you in the regional forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Kies

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Carterville, Illinois
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Kiesling
Member #

My name is Chris Robertson, my wife and I are mildly experienced in overlanding and have been camping since we first started dating.

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mods: snorkel, roof rack, refrigerator, hand built bumper, winch, and awning.

Reactions: NimbleHare

John Tasco

Rank 0

Traveler I

Niceville, FL, USA
Member #

IMG_0196.jpg Just joined Overland Bound
Double retiree living the life in Florida. I drive a 2005 Jeep Rubicon and bought it new during a trip through GA. Having a previous career in the military, I enjoy camping though most of my experience is doing so on foot. I have some off-road experience but not much so I'm hoping to further my knowledge in that area. Also very interested in gear, what works and what doesn't. For example, I'm looking at installing a Gavin Roof Rack, so would be interested in hearing all the pros and cons. Glad to finally be a member.

Last edited:

Webberlander

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor II

Webberville, TX, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Popovac
Hello All,

I’m happy to have joined this community. Long time reader, first time poster.

675ABD01-C4B4-4E5E-8828-FF2296019A76.jpeg

I’m from Webberville, TX.

My rig is a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4.

My overland experience is somewhat experienced. I’ve enjoyed travel throughout the southwest and the southern Rocky Mountains with my Tacoma. With each journey I found another mod to add to my rig that serves a future purpose.

I look forward to sharing experience’s with everyone here and learning about all that is Overlanding.

Tuan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX, USA
Member #

Hi Y'all,
Houston, TX sending everyone a shout out.

I'm in a 2018 4Runner TRD offroad.

I have intermediate experience camping, well versed in fishing, but very little knowledge overlanding. I grew up in the outdoors but have strayed over the years since college, work, kids. I am a firm believer in creating memories for my family instead of gifting material treasures. As such, our family vacations have mostly been overseas. I'm at a point where I want my kids to experience nature as I did as child. Spring Break 2017 I rented a Jeep Wrangler and we road tripped from Houston > Whichita Falls > Santa Fe > Vegas > Los Angeles > San Diego > Phoenix > White Sands > Home. That was one of the best trips we have ever experienced. As a family, we decided to explore more of what this great country has to offer. So here I am.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hola !! Sorry for my English, I’m oscar I’m new here zero experience but open to learn new things and open to share my short experience, I’m from Yuma Arizona I’m a Jeep Tj guy so ready for new adventure !!

There are several meet-ups and trips in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
Your local Assistant Ambassador is @brien
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R