Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome @DSynger and wife! I'm glad to have you joining us in the PNW and sorry to hear that you are planning on leaving this Eden behind.

While you are here with us, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. One that I know of and is close by is coming up, the Christmas Tree Run, on December 9th [link]. Even if you can't make that one, events are frequently posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

View attachment 76673
Hey y’all, excited to be a part of Overland Bound!

Names Raymond currently living in upstate NY
Rig is a 1990 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
Most experience has been ground tent camping and hiking but currently looking into a rooftop tent for the Jeep and setting up the interior for more prolonged adventures! Hope there are some members out this side of the country!
From a fellow New Yorker, Welcome to OB and the East Region! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message!

Not sure if you are into winter trips but there is a Rally Point event in CNY on Dec 14-16. Here is the link!

See you on the trail!

Hank

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello All
Jeff from New York here. I am experienced at camping and novice off roader, driving Jeep Wranglers.
Welcome to OB and the East Region from a fellow New Yorker! Be sure to check out the calendar and the East Region forum page for future events. If interested, there is a trip Dec 14-16 in CNY (LINK). If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message.

See you on the trail,
Hank

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello from Boston,

My name is Eddy, I'm new to overlanding and stoked to get out there. I'm building out a 2-dr Jeep JK. Looking forward to being a part of the community!
Eddy, welcome to OB and the East Region! Be sure to keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events.

Hank

Reactions: theloneraynger

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Morning Everyone,

I've been a member on OB for about a year but starting to get more involved. My fiance saw me reading through the site and learning, so she surprised me and bought the membership. i'm #15491

Name: John Ronquillo
Vehicle: 2002 Yukon XL

I've had a lot of experience out doors, grew up as a scout & have done a lot of dispersed primitive camping with friends, within the past few years i've been adding the overland aspect with my family, it's a great way to experience the out doors & see different things. It's also my excuse to get my daughter out in the world and see there's so much more than the area we live in.

Thanks guys, hope to get to know & meet up with some in the future.

Welcome to OB and the East Region from a fellow NY'er! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Hank

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Newbie here.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
NJ based (don't hold it against me)
Would love for someone to show me the trans nj trail.
Currently building my rig and studying for my technician class exam
Welcome to OB and the East Region! I am formerly from the Garden State myself....Yes, I admit it. LOL!

Keep your eyes on the calendar and the East Region forum for upcoming events near you!

See you on the trail!
Hank

Redbeard_

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wisconsin
First Name
James
Last Name
Luna
Member #

Hey everyone,

I’m Redbeard but feel free to call me Red. I’m from Milwaukee Wisconsin. I don’t have an off road vehicle but plan to get a 4Runner next year. I’ve been looking at getting one and doing an overland build for almost a year now. I think I have a pretty good idea of the direction I want to take with my build but I’m sure that will change a bit as I start to build. My main issue is getting the work on my vehicle done. I will install what I can but somethings are out of my area of expertise. I don’t know of any places that could tackle my build with me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Red

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone,

I’m Redbeard but feel free to call me Red. I’m from Milwaukee Wisconsin. I don’t have an off road vehicle but plan to get a 4Runner next year. I’ve been looking at getting one and doing an overland build for almost a year now. I think I have a pretty good idea of the direction I want to take with my build but I’m sure that will change a bit as I start to build. My main issue is getting the work on my vehicle done. I will install what I can but somethings are out of my area of expertise. I don’t know of any places that could tackle my build with me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Red
Hey Red, welcome to Overland Bound! This is a great community, comprised of wonderful people. Be sure to check the forums for local Overlanding groups and meet-ups in your area!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hmm, introduce myself. Let's see...

!o

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Experience: pretty much a novice

I have a Hiker Trailer on order and plan to get off-road with it to do a lot of nature/wildlife photography.
You should like your trailer, one of our guys had one during our Death Valley trip. That trail went everywhere, it really was awesome!

Sitting Bull

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New york
Member #

Howdy from Rockland, New York.
Age 21
Currently in school
Still learning how to navigate and use the site.
OBM#14731
Vehicle: 15 Ford F150 (sadly bone stock atm) working on it!
Experience: minimal to none with overlanding but the outdoors is something I’ve always been drawn to. (Self taught Acrobatic and Advocate for all things “Movement” )

Why am I getting into overlanding?
I wanna live. I want to break out of the herd of my age- I never fit anyways. I want to build a healthy and productive foundation/habits for myself and my family. Theres so much to see and experience with nature and it’s a place which I find grounding, informative and refreshing!

Looks like a great bunch and excited to learn and get going!

Last edited:

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

Thanks for the add. Badge #/4884, I’m not new to the group, but have moved across the country from S Kalifornia to Southern Georgia where I may find additional trails to conquer. My name is Rubiconcruiser, garnered from my 77 Toyota FJ40 bought new in 1976: driven up to and thru the Rubicon Trail many times. I also power a 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon, fantastic vehicle. My business consists of trailer building design, and outfitting, if you build your own and have questions. Please ask.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Greetings from Washington state. I've been a fan of the Overland Bound videos for awhile but dragged my heels joining the org. I'm driving a new(ish) Chevy Colorado ZR2 but have been exploring, camping, and fishing the pacific northwest for many years from all kinds of vehicles.

I look forward to meeting folks on the forum and in the 'outdoors'. If you see me out there feel free to give me a call on 146.520 (N7PHY).
Do you listen on any repeaters that make it to Oly? Echolink maybe? Brent KJ7BHN