Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, New member here and can't wait to get into the overlanding world. I have an 08 Jeep JK and have done many mode changes to it. But I know have a passion for Overlanding and am now planning all my mods around it.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all and thanks for letting me join. I’m from GA just got medically retired from the army and looking to get into overlanding. Looking forward to all the tips and tricks you all can offer to help me out through this new chapter of adventure. View attachment 76605

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m Patrick

My rig is a 1973 international Scout I also have a 2015 F1 50 that I’m starting to build.

I have been into offroading ,backpacking and hiking most of my life.
I like knowing I can build it and I can fix it I’m always up for a new adventure.
Looking forward to getting out meeting new people and doing new things new adventures.

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested.https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All!
My name is Jess Grela
Location (for now): Fort Collins, CO
Rig: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail (Just bought Gobi rack and James Baroud Explorer)
Experience: novice-joined to learn and meet some other overlanders

Cheers!

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day all. I'm in north Texas
We are an off road 4x4 kind of family.
My daily driver a full size F150 6" lift with 35's. Our overland rig in a gen.1 Xterra (my wife's rig). We bought my 15yo a 89 YJ which now has a 4" lift and 33's

I'm a wilderness self reliance nerd that has been doing the vehicle-based living since I was a kid.
my dad had old trucks and we traveled in a HIPPY van most of my childhood.

I now have a nonprofit foundation that helps Veterans, Law-Enforcement and First Responders get outside and unplug to relieve the stresses of their jobs… to prevent the junk associated with post traumatic stress, single incident and cumulative stress from multiple critical incidents.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What up!

Name is Craig Fischer
Rig: 2004 Chevy Trailblazer - 4.2L I6, 3" lift, 285/55/20 Nitto Ridge Grappler, Rhino Rack System, Smittybilt 2783 tent and many other parts and customizing done
Experience: I'll say Novice for now.

The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs this summer. If your interested here is the forum link.https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/inland-northwest-conference-call-06-17-2018.13703/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi

Location: Honolulu HI (moving back to the PACNORWEST next fall)
Rig: 2007 Land Rover LR3 with heavy duty package
Experience: novice, joined to have fun

We just had a meet-up in Honolulu you should get a forum message if there is another one.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! 2007 Forester in progress and plenty of overlanding already in the books on my 2008 R1200GSA.

Edit: sorry, I’m from Newport News VA

@Kent R

Reactions: DirtPoorOverland

RDTRD

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dobbs Ferry, NY, USA
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound and the East Region! Keep an eye on the calendar for some events coming soon! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Again, from another NY'er, Welcome!
Hank, Thanks for the welcome. Thus far I haven't been granted access to the calendar but in due time I hope to be fully vetted. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Good day all. I'm in north Texas
We are an off road 4x4 kind of family.
My daily driver a full size F150 6" lift with 35's. Our overland rig in a gen.1 Xterra (my wife's rig). We bought my 15yo a 89 YJ which now has a 4" lift and 33's

I'm a wilderness self reliance nerd that has been doing the vehicle-based living since I was a kid.
my dad had old trucks and we traveled in a HIPPY van most of my childhood.

I now have a nonprofit foundation that helps Veterans, Law-Enforcement and First Responders get outside and unplug to relieve the stresses of their jobs… to prevent the junk associated with post traumatic stress, single incident and cumulative stress from multiple critical incidents.
Welcome to OB! Glad to have you here, and thank you for looking out for our men and women in uniform! Much respect!

Mike

Aaron Boyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Carlisle, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

20181110_153551.jpg 20181110_161851.jpg
Hi all! Newbie here from Essex, England.
My Rig is a 1995 Defender 90 300tdi that I'm gradually preparing for camping trips and hopefully eventually overland trips!
New to overlanding but I am eager to see stunning places and go on long trips being self sufficient from the vehicle

Look forward to Getting advice and seeing other overland setups from other members on OB
Thanks!
Aaron

Jr1125

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Georgia
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Garza
Member #

@Kent R
Will do and thank you again. -jr

theloneraynger

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Bailey
Member #

740E98F8-1A12-442C-8CC1-388DCFE6A20C.jpeg
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hey y’all, excited to be a part of Overland Bound!

Names Raymond currently living in upstate NY
Rig is a 1990 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
Most experience has been ground tent camping and hiking but currently looking into a rooftop tent for the Jeep and setting up the interior for more prolonged adventures! Hope there are some members out this side of the country!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 76654 View attachment 76655
Hi all! Newbie here from Essex, England.
My Rig is a 1995 Defender 90 300tdi that I'm gradually preparing for camping trips and hopefully eventually overland trips!
New to overlanding but I am eager to see stunning places and go on long trips being self sufficient from the vehicle

Look forward to Getting advice and seeing other overland setups from other members on OB
Thanks!
Aaron

@Kent R

Reactions: Aaron Boyer

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Samantha
Rig #1: LR4 utilise for travel to and from site, back country (dirt roads, snow, ice, mud).
Experience: Nil....would like to learn, and become involved

@Kent R

Twizted

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

State of Jefferson
Member #

Second post...

Two overlay banners showing up at the bottom, making it difficult to navigate.
Screenshot_2018-11-21-19-43-17.png

I am a member, so the left one is useless; can I somehow make it to away?
Right one is for chat, and that doesn't seem like something I'm interested in at this point.

Reactions: Kent R