Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I'm James. I have been overlanding by hitching a ride with friends for several years and finally decided to get into the game for real. I have a 5th gen Toyota 4Runner that I'm starting to build up for a "someday" trip from Utah to Cabo and back, camping along the shores of Baja California. In the mean-time I'm learning just how capable this machine is... and it has already blown my mind a few times (over elephant hill in Canyonlands in the first 200 miles I put on it, etc.).

Rig: 5th gen Toyota 4Runner
Lift: 3 inch "lift and level" with spacers only
Rock sliders: Shrockworks
Front bumper: C4 Fabrication Lo Pro w/ Extreme LED lightbar and Smittybilt X20 winch
Rack: Front Runner Slimline II
Headlights: Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Pro (those factory lights were useless)
Skidplates: factory today, RCI raw aluminum when I get around to installing them
Rooftop Tent: soon (23zero)

View attachment 72389
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Wasatch Runner

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm Jean, I love traveling, camping, hunting, shooting and all which connects with wildlife, here our frugal car :tongueout:

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
I believe there is going to be a meet-up in your area soon, so watch for a forum message.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

woony

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone. I'm James. I have been overlanding by hitching a ride with friends for several years and finally decided to get into the game for real. I have a 5th gen Toyota 4Runner that I'm starting to build up for a "someday" trip from Utah to Cabo and back, camping along the shores of Baja California. In the mean-time I'm learning just how capable this machine is... and it has already blown my mind a few times (over elephant hill in Canyonlands in the first 200 miles I put on it, etc.).

Rig: 5th gen Toyota 4Runner
Lift: 3 inch "lift and level" with spacers only
Rock sliders: Shrockworks
Front bumper: C4 Fabrication Lo Pro w/ Extreme LED lightbar and Smittybilt X20 winch
Rack: Front Runner Slimline II
Headlights: Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Pro (those factory lights were useless)
Skidplates: factory today, RCI raw aluminum when I get around to installing them
Rooftop Tent: soon (23zero)

View attachment 72389
That pic is just great!

Rickadandoo

Rank 0

Traveler I

Im new here. I'm a teenager whos interested in off roading and overlanding. Ive done backpacking for a little while and thought overlanding is backpacking combined with off roading. Which is awesome.
Ive never done any serious off roading. But I drive a 2003 F150 supercrew, with the off road package. With yokohama geolander at/s tires on stock rims.
Im from northern indiana, so there isnt really any good off roading or overlanding anywhere close. But learning is always the first step right?
Ive been a boy scout since i was 7 and I will be an eagle by the end of this year. My dad used to overland and off road a lot but he's gotten old and no fun :) I've pretty much been obsessively learning everything i possible can about overlanding and off road driving. And i nust want the ability to learn from some old timers too. And maybe make some friends.
Thanks a ton.

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, my name is Jay. I’ve only learned of Overlanding today. It has struck a nerve, (childhood camping memories kicking in). I’m going to pick up a truck next weekend. I’m flying to Washington to pick it up and driving it back to Arizona. Unfortunately it is completely stock so the return trip will not be as fun as I would like and I will have to fight the urges.( It will still be a great trip.) I will keep you all updated on the transformation of the truck and look forward to getting great advise from everybody.
Welcome

DarrenD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Delin
Member #

Im new here. I'm a teenager whos interested in off roading and overlanding. Ive done backpacking for a little while and thought overlanding is backpacking combined with off roading. Which is awesome.
Ive never done any serious off roading. But I drive a 2003 F150 supercrew, with the off road package. With yokohama geolander at/s tires on stock rims.
Im from northern indiana, so there isnt really any good off roading or overlanding anywhere close. But learning is always the first step right?
Ive been a boy scout since i was 7 and I will be an eagle by the end of this year. My dad used to overland and off road a lot but he's gotten old and no fun :) I've pretty much been obsessively learning everything i possible can about overlanding and off road driving. And i nust want the ability to learn from some old timers too. And maybe make some friends.
Thanks a ton.
Welcome dude! Eagle Right here [emoji1366]

xLandslidex

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Member #

Rig: Currently looking, sold 95 jeep grand cherokee
Experiance: mild

Been a member now for almost two years just never actually joined the forum, but now that i have more time ill be active here and be able to enjoy what looks like an awesome community

Attachments

Cyclemoe

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Antonio, TX, USA
Member #

My name is Mike, want to say hey from San Antonio Tx. Had my first introduction to overlanding back in the 80’s with a group of friends. I’m wanting to get back into the outdoors and explore again. My daily driver is an ‘06 Suburban 2500, that I’ve been preparing for some off-road adventuring.

Attachments

Verticalwolf

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vancouver, Washington, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Albert
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I’m still working on getting my 2004 Jeep Wrangler prepared for the journey hopefully I’ll have it ready by March 2019. Hard to say where I’m from I currently have one foot in NY and one in IL, but don’t plan on setting roots in either. I used to work on commercial hvac traveling the Midwest and east coast to help during disasters or open an office in another area. I ended up living in NY for a few years before I started working on commercial food equipment for the food network. I ended up getting injured on the job and really missed traveling so the past 4 yrs has been difficult stuck looking at the same 4 walls. I’m ready to set out and see the rest of this continent before beginning my travels to see rest of world.

Attachments

Falcon 0314

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Delaware, OH, USA
Member #

My name is Frank and I live in the Columbus, Ohio area. I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Off-Road and am working on posting the image. She has made the run to Colorado but no four wheeling. I have been out of the overlanding realm for a while but I look forward to getting back to it both with four and two wheels.

ArmyGrunt

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi everyone!

My name is James. I'm brand new to overlanding having logged exactly 0 hours on the trail. I retired from the Army a few years ago and have just recently gotten to a point in my recovery where I feel I can return to mother nature. I used to be deeeeeeply involved in backpacking and mountain biking prior to my injuries. Since then I've had to give it all up because of physical limitations. I stumbled across overlanding a while back and thought this would be the perfect way to get back some of that adventure. I recently returned to work after a long recovery and school to become a nurse so I finally have the time and money to indulge myself.

I am the proud new owner (owned it for two whole days now!) of a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4X4 that I have big plans for. I also got my HAM license [KI7SYF) in expectation of the day I would build out my overland vehicle. My son-in-law and I are designing a rack system that we will fabricate on our own to get the whole thing going. I'm eager to get out and damage my paint job a bit just to say I have finally arrived. We hope to be outfitted completely and ready for the big boy trips in the spring.

Looking forward to meeting anyone in the Fort Lewis area. I'm in Dupont, spitting distance from I-5 and JBLM main gate.

IMG_20181014_174758775.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks a ton.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Kirk Kinnell

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

My name is James. I'm brand new to overlanding having logged exactly 0 hours on the trail. I retired from the Army a few years ago and have just recently gotten to a point in my recovery where I feel I can return to mother nature. I used to be deeeeeeply involved in backpacking and mountain biking prior to my injuries. Since then I've had to give it all up because of physical limitations. I stumbled across overlanding a while back and thought this would be the perfect way to get back some of that adventure. I recently returned to work after a long recovery and school to become a nurse so I finally have the time and money to indulge myself.

I am the proud new owner (owned it for two whole days now!) of a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4X4 that I have big plans for. I also got my HAM license [KI7SYF) in expectation of the day I would build out my overland vehicle. My son-in-law and I are designing a rack system that we will fabricate on our own to get the whole thing going. I'm eager to get out and damage my paint job a bit just to say I have finally arrived. We hope to be outfitted completely and ready for the big boy trips in the spring.

Looking forward to meeting anyone in the Fort Lewis area. I'm in Dupont, spitting distance from I-5 and JBLM main gate.

View attachment 72490

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
My name is Frank and I live in the Columbus, Ohio area. I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Off-Road and am working on posting the image. She has made the run to Colorado but no four wheeling. I have been out of the overlanding realm for a while but I look forward to getting back to it both with four and two wheels.
Welcome

Reactions: Cryptid Species