• HTML tutorial

OverLandCruiser

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Claremont, CA, USA
Member #

Hey everyone!
I'm Jeff from Southern California (Claremont)
We just picked up a 2018 Land Cruiser
We're new to Overlanding
(we consists of my Girlfriend, Joy and my two (10&12 y/o) kids.
I'm a long time Adventure Rider and am an instructor for RawHyde Adventures.
Lots of offroad experience but pretty new to this style.

Looking forward to getting out on some group trips and making some new friends!

LET THE MODDING BEGIN!

Cheers!

Attachments

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

Hello from Dallas, Texas! I would rate my overland experience as a novice. I just recently bought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ that was already built for the trails. Including: 4 in lift, long arm kit, cable locker in rear, winch, atlas transfer case, roll cage, and 35 in A/Ts. I love it but recently I’ve been wanting to build a vehicle for myself. So I’m toying with the idea of making my 2007 Chevy 1500 an Overlander. It’s stock besides a leveling kit. I like that they are very uncommon in the overland world. View attachment 69591View attachment 69592View attachment 69595View attachment 69596
Wow, nice Jeep, a good looking overland trailer would be Saaweet pulled behind that Jeep. Welcome.

Reactions: BigFootAdventures

pedroyap

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R
Thank you... I am sure I will have questions in the near future. Just setting up my truck for now and I am excited!

J&J Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Soulsbyville, CA 95372, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Hello all,

For now, we drive a 2014 Tacoma with a Turtleback trailer. We enjoy about 50 nights a year of camping. We get away with this because my wife is a teacher and my Boss believes that we work only so we can go play.

My wife grew up camping because that's what you do when your Dad is an underpaid teacher. I grew up camping threw a cub called Pathfinders. And we both grew up traveling of course. But what is new for us in some ways is mixing the to together. Just like that old commercial would say, "you got your chocolate in my peanut butter". Who knew they would be so great together.

When my wife and I went with the herd of Turtles to Death Valley spring of 2018 I didn't know (and why should I) that Lifestyle Overland was a founding member of Overland bound. Thank you for the awesome Death Valley photo that we are now using for my avatar. Small world.

See you all around,

Reactions: GHQ1 and Aussie571

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello,

I am in North Augusta, SC (across the river from Augusta, GA) and I recently purchased my first 4WD vehicle. It is a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road with the XP predator package. I have a little experience but am very much a beginner when it comes to overlanding but am looking forward to learning more.View attachment 69702 View attachment 69703
Welcome, and nice rig

Reactions: Silver_Shadow

SailorGeorge88

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, OR
Member #

Hello! Just a quick note to introduce myself. I attended the OB NW Regional meet up today in Tualatin, Oregon. I had the pleasure of meeting West Region Ambassador Kent Reynolds, his wife, and a lot of other really cool people. Looking forward to the adventures to come!

Rig: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Overlanding Experience: Novice
U.S. Navy, retired (27yrs, Surface Warfare Officer).

PB&Me

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Merges
Member #

New guy here, I also attended the OB NW Regional meet up today in Tualatin, Oregon. It was super fun to see the "show and tell" with different people's rigs and I hope there will be some organized trail runs as well.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad + popup truck camper (see avatar photo)
Overlanding Experience: Novice, but longtime backpacker and also ham radio enthusiast

CJ Turner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member I

Washougal WA
First Name
Colby
Last Name
Turner
Member #

New guy here, I also attended the OB NW Regional meet up today in Tualatin, Oregon. It was super fun to see the "show and tell" with different people's rigs and I hope there will be some organized trail runs as well.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad + popup truck camper (see avatar photo)
Overlanding Experience: Novice, but longtime backpacker and also ham radio enthusiast
Welcome to the group man!great to have you and i loved your rig. Gotta get me one of those pop up tents!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!, D-Rock Here from Sunny S.E. Washignton State (Tri-City area to be more specific)
I drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser in the best color ever made, VooDoo Blue.
My offroad toy is a custom built from the frame up fully locked 1984 Toyota PU running on propane, but it's not my OL rig
You can find me on YouTube, just search dingalsbe88
Built some drawers for the FJ last weekend

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
Currently we are trying to get some interest in your area please keep an eye out for a future meet up over there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Brand new here, just signed up today with that guy a couple posts up ^^^. I'm new to the "Overlanding" gig, but I've got a little experience running trails. My Overlanding rig is a 2017 Toyota Tacoma and is also my daily driver. My other rig is a 1995 Jeep YJ, but it is mostly just a trail rig now, not so much an overland rig.

A couple weeks ago, a few of us hit the first two legs of the WABDR from Stevenson, WA to Ellensburg, WA. Met a couple other fellow OL'ers on the trail and we all rolled together for the rest of the weekend, what a fantastic time!

Member is 13559. Looking forward to learning a lot and hitting the trail with some of ya'll soon.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Hello,

Chris who lives in Los Angeles CA
1985 Toyota 4Runner EFI 4X4
Novice

Looking forward to the information gained here.

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Dallas, Texas! I would rate my overland experience as a novice. I just recently bought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ that was already built for the trails. Including: 4 in lift, long arm kit, cable locker in rear, winch, atlas transfer case, roll cage, and 35 in A/Ts. I love it but recently I’ve been wanting to build a vehicle for myself. So I’m toying with the idea of making my 2007 Chevy 1500 an Overlander. It’s stock besides a leveling kit. I like that they are very uncommon in the overland world. View attachment 69591View attachment 69592View attachment 69595View attachment 69596