Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Krupky

Rank I

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
Member #

Hello OLB!

fairly new to the overlanding experience - but a lifetime camper/adventurer. starting to outfit my rig which is a 2018 4Runner TRD Pro. had a couple short (safe) adventures in Browns Camp here in the Tillamook Forest and caught the bug! excited to learn more and get out and explore with my wife and two small kids.

myrig-lo_18-0830.jpg

super excited to be a member here - bound on!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there fellow overlanders ,I'm Ramon but everyone calls me munchis just got my first 4x4 I have a 1998 Toyota 4runner with a Tacoma front end View attachment 69362
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OLB!

fairly new to the overlanding experience - but a lifetime camper/adventurer. starting to outfit my rig which is a 2018 4Runner TRD Pro. had a couple short (safe) adventures in Browns Camp here in the Tillamook Forest and caught the bug! excited to learn more and get out and explore with my wife and two small kids.

View attachment 69411

super excited to be a member here - bound on!

If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

I will be having a large OLB regional meet-up in the Tualatin on September 22. The Rally Point is on the forum.

Reactions: Krupky

cjarnesen

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6LTC
Excursion Pic.png
2) Location: Bay Area, San Jose, CA
3) Rig: 2001 Ford Excursion, 7.3L PSD, with a "few" mods
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced. Been wheeling for ~20 years, still own my jeep for rock crawling, finally tired of not having AC and room on the larger trips, so figured I'd build out the tow rig to pull double duty for overlanding.

I'm an active member for Esprit de Four (a 4x4 club in San Jose) glad to find another 4x4 community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 69444
2) Location: Bay Area, San Jose, CA
3) Rig: 2001 Ford Excursion, 7.3L PSD, with a "few" mods
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced. Been wheeling for ~20 years, still own my jeep for rock crawling, finally tired of not having AC and room on the larger trips, so figured I'd build out the tow rig to pull double duty for overlanding.

I'm an active member for Esprit de Four (a 4x4 club in San Jose) glad to find another 4x4 community.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

alphonse coune

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

North Olmsted, Ohio
Member #

View attachment 69370 Hello everyone! New member here, and should have an OLB number soon thanks to a great friend who also became a member. I’m an overlanding novice, but definitely looking to learn everything I can from the experienced members here. I’ve got a 2018 jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, nicknamed the Trail Duck, and I’m from Amherst, Ohio. Looking forward to hopefully joining in on some group adventures in the future!!
wow

Reactions: Kyle Bradley

RGB

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wilton
Member #

Good Evening;

Located in Wilton CA, with a couple of Green Oval vehicles.

I enjoy the overlanding lifestyle especially with my kids who have grown up with it and now are beginning to striking out on their own adventures.

This old man and his rig still have some miles left to run and look forward to sharing the trails with a few folk here in the future.

RGB - KJ6QJR

Attachments

pedroyap

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA
Member #

New member here and just about to start to explore :)
1) Picture to follow.
2) Bay Area CA
3) Rig 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice - just about to start exploring soon)

This is the reason I joined - to learn as much as possible since I am planning to start exploring locally. Thank you all!!!

tims53777

Rank 0

Traveler I

New here!
No pic at this time.
I am in Buffalo, NY.
I have a silverado 1500, which I am starting to upgrade.
I have no experience overlanding. Or maybe I do... I don't even know! I grew up camping all over new england. Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, mountain biking. My goal is to be able to get to new places to do the above things. Cheers!

Reactions: Aussie571

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Evening;

Located in Wilton CA, with a couple of Green Oval vehicles.

I enjoy the overlanding lifestyle especially with my kids who have grown up with it and now are beginning to striking out on their own adventures.

This old man and his rig still have some miles left to run and look forward to sharing the trails with a few folk here in the future.

RGB - KJ6QJR

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/
One of our members lives in Rancho Marietta @KEFA 4427

Sacramento weekly meet-up.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here and just about to start to explore :)
1) Picture to follow.
2) Bay Area CA
3) Rig 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice - just about to start exploring soon)

This is the reason I joined - to learn as much as possible since I am planning to start exploring locally. Thank you all!!!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: pedroyap

D-Rock

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all!, D-Rock Here from Sunny S.E. Washignton State (Tri-City area to be more specific)
I drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser in the best color ever made, VooDoo Blue.
My offroad toy is a custom built from the frame up fully locked 1984 Toyota PU running on propane, but it's not my OL rig
You can find me on YouTube, just search dingalsbe88
Built some drawers for the FJ last weekend

Attachments

DaniloB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Greetings from Northern VA! New to Overlanding, but not a stranger to the outdoors...been hiking and camping since I was a skinny, naive Cub Scout. Been wheeling my 2013 JKUR since I bought it. Love Overlanding for its mental aspect and looking forward to doing it.

Oh yeah...member #12942.

Last edited:

Darin

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Central Washington State, PNW
Member #

Brand new here, just signed up today with that guy a couple posts up ^^^. I'm new to the "Overlanding" gig, but I've got a little experience running trails. My Overlanding rig is a 2017 Toyota Tacoma and is also my daily driver. My other rig is a 1995 Jeep YJ, but it is mostly just a trail rig now, not so much an overland rig.

A couple weeks ago, a few of us hit the first two legs of the WABDR from Stevenson, WA to Ellensburg, WA. Met a couple other fellow OL'ers on the trail and we all rolled together for the rest of the weekend, what a fantastic time!

Member is 13559. Looking forward to learning a lot and hitting the trail with some of ya'll soon.

Attachments

D-Rock

Rank 0

Traveler I

Brand new here, just signed up today with that guy a couple posts up ^^^. I'm new to the "Overlanding" gig, but I've got a little experience running trails. My Overlanding rig is a 2017 Toyota Tacoma and is also my daily driver. My other rig is a 1995 Jeep YJ, but it is mostly just a trail rig now, not so much an overland rig.

A couple weeks ago, a few of us hit the first two legs of the WABDR from Stevenson, WA to Ellensburg, WA. Met a couple other fellow OL'ers on the trail and we all rolled together for the rest of the weekend, what a fantastic time!

Member is 13559. Looking forward to learning a lot and hitting the trail with some of ya'll soon.

Here is a link to the video from that trip

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

edit to add the necessary info*

1) Picture: (see attached photo below)
2) Location: in the LA area
3) Rig: 1996 Subaru Legacy Outback AWD 5spd manual
4) Overlanding Experience: Eagle Scout forever, been going to the dessert to shoot/camp/and dirt bike since I can remember (thats not saying much since my memory is spotty at best) hiking and exploring since i was 7. most of my off roading experience was in my 98 4.0 ranger 5speed and the family 89 toyota 22re 4x4.

Greetings y'all. My name is Chris. I am a outdoor enthusiasts as most here are. I blame the boy scouts for this. I made Eagle Scout and I LOVE CAMPING.
I picked up a new ride a week ago. A 96 Subaru Outback with some modifications already made by the previous owner. It needs much tlc as far as the engine is concerned but I am capable of doing most, if not all of the rebuild. I hope to document my build process and get some good ideas and pointers.

Ill be starting my build intro tonight. Looking forward to many good times, long build nights and countless adventures. See y'all around.

Attachments

Last edited:

CJ Turner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member I

Washougal WA
First Name
Colby
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Greatings y'all. My name is Chris. I am a outdoor enthusiasts as most here are. I blame the boy scouts for this. I made Eagle Scout and I LOVE CAMPING.
I picked up a new ride a week ago. A 96 Subaru Outback with some modifications already made by the previous owner. It needs much tlc as far as the engine is concerned but I am capable of doing most, if not all of the rebuild. I hope to document my build process and get some good ideas and pointers.

Ill be starting my build intro tonight. Looking forward to many good times, long build nights and countless adventures. See y'all around.
Welcome! And nice subaru! Thing looks like a hoot!

Advocate II

Hello from Dallas, Texas! I would rate my overland experience as a novice. I just recently bought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ that was already built for the trails. Including: 4 in lift, long arm kit, cable locker in rear, winch, atlas transfer case, roll cage, and 35 in A/Ts. I love it but recently I’ve been wanting to build a vehicle for myself. So I’m toying with the idea of making my 2007 Chevy 1500 an Overlander. It’s stock besides a leveling kit. I like that they are very uncommon in the overland world. IMG_2271.JPGIMG_2256.JPG20150501_104932.jpgIMG_0007.JPG