Contributor I

Loris, South Carolina
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Maxwell
Member #

Goodmorning,
Hello from South Carolina. Just found this website and excited to be here.
Current vehicles: 1997 FJZ80 triple locked
2001 Honda CRV lifted 2" on BFG KO2
Overlanding experience: camping, dirtbike/atv travel when I was younger. Im new to overlanding with a vehicle and a family

We are excited to travel as a family!!

Fernweh4x4

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

MISSION VIEJO CA
First Name
Tipu
Last Name
Chauhdary
Member #

Hello OB Members, I'm Tipu in Mission Viejo, CA. Just joined the community a short while ago. I'm a big fan of travel, adventure, the outdoors, nature and yes overlanding. Started with some off the pavement adventures in my 1975 Jeep CJ5 in college days - which has been a second now :smile: Have owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee since and current vehicle is a 2011 Land Rover LR4. While stock except for tires, it has seen its share of off pavement driving including places like Moab, trails in CO and in CA.

Excited to be a part of the Overland Bound community and hope to meet new folks, make new friends, learn and explore together.

T

Attachments

MilSpec95

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey there from Marietta, GA. Just getting back into building my dream overlanding vehicle after letting my first one go; big mistake. Hoping to get lots of good ideas from everyone as I take this journey.

Current Ride: 2018 White Jeep Rubicon Recon
Previous Ride: 2015 Tank AEV 350 Jeep Rubicon)
Overlanding Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding: I grew up in New Mexico and spent all my time outdoors, usually out in the middle of nowhere on a motorcycle exploring. I want to get back to that sense of adventure as it has never left me. We also enjoy kayaking so wanting to put that together with Overlanding/Camping. I also want to get my son outdoors like my dad did with me.

Attachments

RedBeard303

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lincoln, NE
Member #

I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska, but originally from Denver, CO. I have a 99 Tacoma that I'm about to sell because i just bought a 2005 limited v8 4runner to start building up! I've done a ton of camping growing up and am starting to get into the idea of overlanding, but I've always enjoyed the 4x4 scene. I'm looking forward to joining the community and hopefully building a local group up to travel with (since it's pretty flat where i live). IMG_6569.JPGIMG_6574.JPG

Nielsenkazoku

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello all,

(I hope I’m doing this right via the app)

I’m Jordan and the Dad of our little Kazoku. We’ve just recently purchased an LR3 SE V8 to start our overland adventures as a family of four. Looking forward to engaging and gleaning great info from the group. Our build is only in the starting/planning stages, but we’re excited to explore with what we have!

Emblems should be here this week!

IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG

MartinN999

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi, all. Brand new member here and looking to get into overlanding with a team of enthusiasts who know far more than me about how to do it right. I'm a novice at this but am excited to learn more. I have a 2009 Nissan Xterra 4WD with basic setup and relatively low miles for its age. I'm in Charlotte, NC area and looking to join up with others nearby for any adventuring so please let me know the best way to find other folks nearby for meetups and trips, however, I am willing to travel farther away from home if the adventure is worth it!
To do this right, I'm in the market for either: a] buying a new vehicle that will better for off-road than what I have or, b] building up my Xterra into a better rig for the job. Either way, I'm looking for suggestions from the forum experts on which way to go. If "new" is the way to go, then my budget is ~$50k. If "upgrade" is the way to go, then my budget is under $10k based upon the age of the vehicle.
This looks like a great site and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from everyone involved. Thanks!

Best,
Marty

MilSpec95

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi, I'm Mike.
1)View attachment 65331
2) I'm from Southern, New Mexico.
3) 2013 Ford F150 FX
4)Novice

I apologize for the poor quality of the picture, and the vagueness, this is my first time posting. I'm also following strict rules from my wife, who is in the IT field, don't post anything personal.
I was born and raised in Southern New Mexico. Great to see some pics from there..........

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello my name is Harry.
Rig; mostly stock 2015 Jeep Rubicon unlimited
Experience: novice, mostly bushcrafting, new to vehicle camping. However, soon to be retired, and would like to get my wife out camping as well. Currently in Florida, soon to be in Virginia.
Welcome Harry. Moved up to NOVA/DC 4 years ago from FL myself.

Ricky Scott

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
My name is Ricky Scott. I currently live in Odessa, TX with my wife of 4 years and 1 year old son. We own a 2004 Land Rover Discovery. The picture I uploaded doesn't really do it justice as it's not the most up-to-date. The Discovery now has a 2 inch lift and several stickers which, as everyone knows, makes it go much faster. I love the Rover, but I work a lot and have been contemplating getting something that requires a little less maintenance in order to ensure reliability...Perhaps a Toyota or Jeep (fishing for suggestions). I'm more or less a Novice as far as overlanding goes. I have backpacked and camped my entire life, but with a family, we find overlanding to be a little more convenient, but still allows us to get out of the house. That's pretty much it.

OurRover.png

BJ Copeland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bear Grass NC
Member #

Hello everyone, I live in Eastern NC and my rig is a 2001 Nissan Frontier SC 4x4 Crew Cab. My offroading experience is mostly on the beach and mud, but I would love to do more. I have been camping on the beach several times at Portsmouth Island and Freeman Park. I am looking to connect with more Overlanding types to arrange meets and trips in my area.