Noah
Last Name
Krueger
Member #

Hello I’m Noah.
Current Vehicle: 2014 RAV4 and 2017 Crosstrek
Previous Vehicle: 2004 Tundra Limited TRD
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I enjoy exploring the outdoors and experiencing new places. And I have a passion for anything that is powered by internal combustion. The feeling of being restricted has never sat well with me. Overlanding incorporates my passions and leaves me feeling anything but restricted.

m1101tenttrailer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Temecula Ca
Member #

Hello my name is Rio Gomez. we are a family of 4 from Temecula Ca. my wife Eunice, kids Joshua (4), and Amelia (2) love camping. we have an M1101 humvee trailer with a rooftop tent that we tow with our 2012 Toyota Tacoma. we would like to take our set up on trails but as of yet, we lack the expertise for overloading. we hope that joining this community will give us the confidence to take on trails. we like the principles which overland bound is founded on and we hope to be able to contribute in any way. best regards! ~ The Gomez family OB11427 (M1101tenttrailer)

Attachments

TrailBear

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wendell, NC, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Kinney
Member #

Hello! Don here, hailing from Raleigh, NC! New member (#13188). I grew up in the mountains of Vermont, but my career has led me to the city. I seek nature, wildlife, adventure and solitude every chance I get! I am passionate about photography, and of course blend that with my love of the outdoors! I look forward to meeting you all, going on adventures, and getting some great overlanding photos! I just purchased a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4DLB, and will begin building it up soon! I'll be heading to Overland Expo East in November, hope to see some of you there!

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Hello! Don here, hailing from Raleigh, NC! New member (#13188). I grew up in the mountains of Vermont, but my career has led me to the city. I seek nature, wildlife, adventure and solitude every chance I get! I am passionate about photography, and of course blend that with my love of the outdoors! I look forward to meeting you all, going on adventures, and getting some great overlanding photos! I just purchased a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4DLB, and will begin building it up soon! I'll be heading to Overland Expo East in November, hope to see some of you there!
Good morning go the Toyota registry forum and add pictures and mod upgrades .. north east representing meta green machine acuaponics.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

Lenny Motta
Northwestern Washington
2001 GMC Safari all-wheel drive van
I have some experience 4 wheeling, and camping never put the two together. I am looking forward to interacting with you all.
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Ironhide

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Rio Gomez. we are a family of 4 from Temecula Ca. my wife Eunice, kids Joshua (4), and Amelia (2) love camping. we have an M1101 humvee trailer with a rooftop tent that we tow with our 2012 Toyota Tacoma. we would like to take our set up on trails but as of yet, we lack the expertise for overloading. we hope that joining this community will give us the confidence to take on trails. we like the principles which overland bound is founded on and we hope to be able to contribute in any way. best regards! ~ The Gomez family OB11427 (M1101tenttrailer)
Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

TheRealMattVanDyke

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mountain House, CA
Member #

Hey there - my name is Matt and I'm from Northern California... Mountain House to be exact (15min east of livermore)

Current Vehicle(s):
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser - mods: LED license plate bulbs
2017 Subaru Crosstrek - mods: LED reverse AND license plate bulbs

Overland Experience: EXTREME novice -

Basically I don't know the first thing about overlanding, 4x4, etc but very eager to learn.

DaveInCO

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Thornton, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Orth
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi,
Dave from NE Denver.
Current vehicle is a '17 4Runner (small lift and level, 33" tires, winch, factory locker/crawl control/etc)
I've been 4wheeling and camping for a few decades. Looking to move from sleeping on the ground to a tent trailer I can drag to some out of the way spots for the wife, me, and 3 big dogs.

Unbeatentrack

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumberland, Rhode Island
Member #

Hi guys - I joined (and lurked) a few weeks ago. Based in Rhode Island, US with lots of travel experience on both 2 and 4 wheels - hopefully much more ahead. Currently using either a Land Rover 90 or a Range Rover L322 with the family.

Just got back from a couple of weeks in Newfoundland - couple of pics attached.

Attachments

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
Hi everyone. Ted here from San Diego. Current main vehicle is a 2015 T4R TRD Pro. Also have a 1999 FJ100 Landcrusier with 340,000 mi (all mine).
I'll attach a couple pics of the T4R. I've been an avid backpacker most of my life and did some mountaineering as well. Now that I'm 60 the bod just doesn't go as far as it used to. Overlanding is a great way to combine the backpacking mindset (lightweight mobile camping) and getting the adventure of a great trip with the vehicle! I've been off-roading (sometimes overlanding though I didn't know the expression early on) since I bought my Gen1 T4R in 1984. Moved to a gen2 then to an FJ80 LandCrusier then to the FJ100 which I used for 19 years.

My most recent "trip" was just a local drive. Left home at 10:00p and drove out to Anza Borrego to watch the meteor shower since it was a new moon. Kept the drive simple - Canyon Sin Nombre to Vallecito Wash. Set up there to watch the show. Then took the Great Southern Overland Trail back to Sweeny Pass Road. Driving in pitch black of a new moon always raises the pulse a little more even on familiar ground. Had a great time. The last two pictures I posted here are from that trip taken on the Vallecito Wash.

That's about it for introductions - hope to see you out somewhere!

IMG_1399.jpg IMG_6424.jpg IMG_6421.JPG

OnMyWaypoint

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, California 94587, United States
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Calub
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WE6ABC
Hello all,

Ben, from the Bay Area, CA. I've been appreciating all the Overland Bound info on Youtube and decided to join your forum to gain more knowledge and find more places to wander.

We recently sold our 2013 Taco Off Road for a 2017 Silverado and wanted to see what others are doing with theirs. This beast is not as nimble as the Taco, but we're enjoying it. We sleep in the bed, on top of the Decked drawer system.

Any ideas you may have to help us out, would be very appreciated. BTW, we recently got an ARB 50qt fridge that I want to mount inside the cab. I haven't seen anyone do it yet, so I may end up trying to fab something up to secure the fridge slide using the available seat mounts and some 8020 aluminum. Again, any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks again!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there - my name is Matt and I'm from Northern California... Mountain House to be exact (15min east of livermore)

Current Vehicle(s):
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser - mods: LED license plate bulbs
2017 Subaru Crosstrek - mods: LED reverse AND license plate bulbs

Overland Experience: EXTREME novice -

Basically I don't know the first thing about overlanding, 4x4, etc but very eager to learn.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
There are two meet-ups that might work for you, both on August 25th one in Manteca and one in San Leandro,

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Ted here from San Diego. Current main vehicle is a 2015 T4R TRD Pro. Also have a 1999 FJ100 Landcrusier with 340,000 mi (all mine).
I'll attach a couple pics of the T4R. I've been an avid backpacker most of my life and did some mountaineering as well. Now that I'm 60 the bod just doesn't go as far as it used to. Overlanding is a great way to combine the backpacking mindset (lightweight mobile camping) and getting the adventure of a great trip with the vehicle! I've been off-roading (sometimes overlanding though I didn't know the expression early on) since I bought my Gen1 T4R in 1984. Moved to a gen2 then to an FJ80 LandCrusier then to the FJ100 which I used for 19 years.

My most recent "trip" was just a local drive. Left home at 10:00p and drove out to Anza Borrego to watch the meteor shower since it was a new moon. Kept the drive simple - Canyon Sin Nombre to Vallecito Wash. Set up there to watch the show. Then took the Great Southern Overland Trail back to Sweeny Pass Road. Driving in pitch black of a new moon always raises the pulse a little more even on familiar ground. Had a great time. The last two pictures I posted here are from that trip taken on the Vallecito Wash.

That's about it for introductions - hope to see you out somewhere!

View attachment 64879 View attachment 64880 View attachment 64884
Welcome to Overland Bound! There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Ben, from the Bay Area, CA. I've been appreciating all the Overland Bound info on Youtube and decided to join your forum to gain more knowledge and find more places to wander.

We recently sold our 2013 Taco Off Road for a 2017 Silverado and wanted to see what others are doing with theirs. This beast is not as nimble as the Taco, but we're enjoying it. We sleep in the bed, on top of the Decked drawer system.

Any ideas you may have to help us out, would be very appreciated. BTW, we recently got an ARB 50qt fridge that I want to mount inside the cab. I haven't seen anyone do it yet, so I may end up trying to fab something up to secure the fridge slide using the available seat mounts and some 8020 aluminum. Again, any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks again!!
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: OnMyWaypoint

HAWKI

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tahoe City, CA
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Thanks for the info!