Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

View attachment 60897 View attachment 60896 Hello, I’ve been a member since Jan 2018 and I’m finally introducing myself.
I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon all stock accept for the front bumper with a winch. My wife and I love camping. Very relaxing. Here lately we have explored Washington State every weekend for the past 2 months. We live in Yelm, WA.

It would be great to meet and possibly explore with other OB Members.
Nice setup! So many great places to explore up your way. I need to move to the PNW. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jimmy Schantz

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Hi all,

I'm new to the overlanding world but not new to camping and outdoor experiences. As a land manager for nature preserves I have a healthy respect for mother nature and the need to tread lightly when we enter her more wild places.

I recently traded in my 2016 Canyon crew cab long bed for a short bed and couldn't be happier with the greater manuverability. I'm slowly building her up with only mods that are neccessary for my adventures. Less is sometimes better or at least more reliable.

semi_driver

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Florida
First Name
David
Last Name
Bukovza
Hello everyone!!
New member, I don’t have a rig yet but the planning is hot right now, adventure motorcycle rider for years, time to put the family too.

Name: David
Experience: Central and South America on a Motorcycle, the plan is to return with a nice expedition rig.

Robn8tor

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Thousand Oaks, CA
Member #

Happy 4th of July weekend!
Member: 13810
Instagram @hikeitdirty
Current Vehicle: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road - Quicksand
Previous Vehicle: (Now wife's) 2015 Land Rover LR4
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding? My wife and I are becoming empty nesters next month. We have thru-hiked the John Muir Trail and plan to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail in 2020. We are selling everything and want a rig to continue exploring our love for the outdoors when we get off the trail. We have some time to setup the rig and get some experience.

Our Taco is being equipped this month through Saints Offroad in Glendora, CA (they are awesome btw). We are installing CBI Rock Sliders with kickout, Cali Raised Ditch lights, Leitner Designs Active Cargo System with storage pods, MaxTrax and mounts, RotoPax and mounts, Hi-Lift Jack and mount, a FSR High Country RTT, King Suspension, and Deaver Leaf Springs. I have 5 Stealth Customs Ray 10s in Matte Bronze on order to be paired with 5 BF Goodrich KM3 (285\70\17). We are scouting a Prinsu Rack, ARB Twin Compressor, and a stove and fridge. I am also looking for a front bumper and winch (likely CBI). I will wait until I hit my rear bumper one too many times to upgrade it :).

Rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hello all, I am very excited to have found this community. I'm Brian, but my camping/shooting friends usually just call me Jedi because of my Star Wars obsession. So here are the "few things":

1) Saved till last...
2) I just relocated to the top left corner of the "Lower 48" in a small city called Ferndale, Washington. Before moving here I lived in Calaveras County, California (home of one of the most famous 4x4 trails...)
3) My overland drive is also my daily drive, a 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon. It has been left stock, for the most part, with the exception of important items like my amateur radio and 33" tires. I have many more improvements planned...
4) I don't have too much overland experience with the exception of what used to be a semi-annual trip to the high desert of Northern Nevada that involved 4-wheeling, camping, shooting and relaxation.

So, here is my Jeep, "Red Five" from one of my many trips through the desert.
View attachment 60894
I glad to see more Jeep's on here

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Jedi

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Thank you. We enjoy the set we have. Everything we carry is in the teardrop because we carry 2 Alaskan malamutes in the Jeep with us and a few tools. Mostly dogs.

The picture I sent was near MT Adams. We camped at Adams Fork campground. Awesome place.

EASYRunner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lexington South Carolina
Member #

Hey guys great to be apart of this group!! I’m Steve and together with my wife Alyssa and son Everett love traveling around this country. We recently sold our former rig a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 and bought a new 4Runner. Loving the better ride so far. We are based out of Lexington South Carolina but there is no telling where you’ll find us. See y’all on the trail

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Happy 4th of July weekend!
Member: 13810
Instagram @hikeitdirty
Current Vehicle: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road - Quicksand
Previous Vehicle: (Now wife's) 2015 Land Rover LR4
Why Overlanding? My wife and I are becoming empty nesters next month. We have thru-hiked the John Muir Trail and plan to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail in 2020. We are selling everything and want a rig to continue exploring our love for the outdoors when we get off the trail. We have some time to setup the rig and get some experience.

Our Taco is being equipped this month through Saints Offroad in Glendora, CA (they are awesome btw). We are installing CBI Rock Sliders with kickout, Cali Raised Ditch lights, Leitner Designs Active Cargo System with storage pods, MaxTrax and mounts, RotoPax and mounts, Hi-Lift Jack and mount, a FSR High Country RTT, King Suspension, and Deaver Leaf Springs. I have 5 Stealth Customs Ray 10s in Matte Bronze on order to be paired with 5 BF Goodrich KM3 (285\70\17). We are scouting a Prinsu Rack, ARB Twin Compressor, and a stove and fridge. I am also looking for a front bumper and winch (likely CBI). I will wait until I hit my rear bumper one too many times to upgrade it :).

Rob
It definitely sounds like you have a lot a work ahead of you. Send a pic once you have your rig complete.

Reactions: Robn8tor

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hey guys great to be apart of this group!! I’m Steve and together with my wife Alyssa and son Everett love traveling around this country. We recently sold our former rig a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 and bought a new 4Runner. Loving the better ride so far. We are based out of Lexington South Carolina but there is no telling where you’ll find us. See y’all on the trail
When are you going to be in Washington St? Glad to have you aboard.

CCTX50

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corpus Christi TEXAS
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Strasheim
Member #

Hello all my fellow adventurers,

Recently found this forum and found it to be a great place to learn and get to know about Overlanding and to meet those involved. My name is Keith (CCTX50) and I live in South Texas. I have taken my Jeep rock crawling in the Jeep Jamboree and had a blast. Yet this is really hard on vehicles and my Jeep is my daily driver. I really enjoy camping and getting out in the great wide open, setting up a tent, cooking over a fire and sleeping under the stars. My next big trip plan is to get out to West Texas in the Big Bend National Park and State Park. It has been about 20 years since my last trip there and I am long overdue. I hope to learn more from the forum and to meet some great people.

Current Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

CCTX50

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Welcome. 4Runner's are great. Don't forget Nevada in your travels. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: ibemarcus

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Welcome everyone,
Just wanted to say hello and welcome to this great group of people! I know you will find as I did, that people here are very friendly and willing to share what knowledge they can to others, no matter what your outdoor experience or what you drive. Hope to meet you out on some trail some day! Become an official member of Overland Bound. Benz.

Reactions: Russell Peters