Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Rob G

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northwest
Member #

I will check them out. I’ve been noticing not a whole lot for are year truck. I wonder why??? I wanted to put a couple of light bars on with the light as whelk at the corners of my hood. Also looking for a great sounding cat back exhaust and just nothing out there. I will check them out for the Rick sliders though.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

I will check them out. I’ve been noticing not a whole lot for are year truck. I wonder why??? I wanted to put a couple of light bars on with the light as whelk at the corners of my hood. Also looking for a great sounding cat back exhaust and just nothing out there. I will check them out for the Rick sliders though.
Exhaust- https://www.carid.com/2018-toyota-tacoma-exhaust-systems/?filter=1&sub-model[Liter][]=3.5L

So, I’ve had my truck a couple months. From what I have learned, the main reason you see some parts omitting the 2018 year is some safety/electronic changes such as lane assist and such. You can work around it. If you need any other insight let me know. I do a lot of research. Drives my wife nuts. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Rob G

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northwest
Member #

Lol. I’m in the same boat. I have been playing for the last week or so. My wife thinks I’m crazy.

Jonathan Moreno

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jonathan. I've been a car guy all my life, but mostly fast road cars. Past couple years my need for the peace in nature and more adventurous life has been calling. Thus I've been driven to start overlanding.

- Rig 1: 1996 Isuzu Trooper (motor and trains under construction)
- Rig 2: 2008 Volkswagen Touareg
- Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge, friendships and points on the maps by joining Overland Bound.
Screenshot_20180705-155639_Instagram.jpg20180703_085944.jpg

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jonathan. I've been a car guy all my life, but mostly fast road cars. Past couple years my need for the peace in nature and more adventurous life has been calling. Thus I've been driven to start overlanding.

I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge, friendships and points on the maps by joining Overland Bound.
View attachment 60804View attachment 60805
Love the Trooper! Welcome to OB and good luck!

Reactions: Jonathan Moreno

Rob G

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northwest
Member #

Hi Everyone,

View attachment 60804View attachment 60805
Welcome Johnathan

Campingtaco_25

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Granbury Texas
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Coleman Hutchison. Me and my girlfriend Judy are jumping headfirst into the overlanding community.
We’re from Weatherford Texas, and I just bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma (access cab).

We are both also on Instagram
My profile: campingtaco_25
Her profile: ocean_8623
Thanks guys! Hope to see/ hear from y’all soon

Attachments

Rob G

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northwest
Member #

Wec
Hey everyone, my name is Coleman Hutchison. Me and my girlfriend Judy are jumping headfirst into the overlanding community.
We’re from Weatherford Texas, and I just bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma (access cab).

to the club

Reactions: ibemarcus

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Welcome to OB!
@_overland_america_

anthocar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Hi,

Empty nester Outdoor enthusiast from Austin TX. With both kids in college in Colorado want to explore more of the back roads getting there and when up there (for starters)

Stock 2014 F150 Fx4 short bed. Due to budget constraints (out of state college is expensive), starting small with some basic upgrades, first Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires. Not sure what next. Reason I joined the group, to learn from the wealth of knowledge/experience the Overland Bound forum members have and to meet up with some on our travels.
Im in Austin too. South if you ever want to meet up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob G

QuestorThews

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Hey all. My name is Questor. Ques' for short. I currently run an '81 Toyota Pickup 4x4 daily driver, but I am on the hunt for a first-gen GX470 to build a general use rig out of. I have questions about the basic necessities of an overland rig, and where to start with my build. Can you fine folks please point me in the right direction. I am sure that this topic has been beaten to death in these forums and I don't want to clog up the boards with noob questions. Thanks in advance!

Jrfelkins

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound. There are some groups in you area. I’m from Alabama, but if you go to the “Region” section and search Southeast you will find some conversation there. I know that sounds obvious but it took me a couple days to find anything in my area. Hope this helps. [emoji1360]

Thank you!!

Johnnyswell

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all! New to the forum here and I'm looking to start overlanding soon!

RIG: 2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon (love my Jeep forums too!)
Experience: Novice

My goal in a year or so is to travel the Trans American Trail so I joined this forum in hopes to pick the brains of those who have completed it and what gear they recommend along with preferred maps and GPS as well.

Walrus

Rank I

Contributor III

Maryland
A47CFD0E-30EB-4416-AD29-0BB3355BED9C.jpeg Hello to all from the “Walrus’’ located in Kingsville MD. Been following this forum for a few years thought I should finally try to post and introduce myself. Having never posted on a forum I have no idea what I am doing, so I hope this works as I have 20 minutes into writing this introduction so far. This picture is one of many from Colorado Imogene Pass, August 2017, the other picture White Rim Trail, (3 nights/4 days) Canyonlands National Park April of 2016. This year’s trip 10/2018 to South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

Attachments

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

View attachment 60882 Hello to all from the “Walrus’’ located in Kingsville MD. Been following this forum for a few years thought I should finally try to post and introduce myself. Having never posted on a forum I have no idea what I am doing, so I hope this works as I have 20 minutes into writing this introduction so far. This picture is one of many from Colorado Imogene Pass, August 2017, the other picture White Rim Trail, (3 nights/4 days) Canyonlands National Park April of 2016. This year’s trip 10/2018 to South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.
Looks awesome! I’m planning a trip out west next spring! Welcome to OB. Well, glad you finally decided to introduce.. [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji16]

dadsafrantic

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vallejo
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Reactions: ibemarcus

Jason Bergeron

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

regina, saskatchewan, canada
Member #

Hey! Just joined. I've been watching the rig interview and other Overland Bound videos and have been slowly building my rig. I'm probably extremely novice, but I feel my experience in mountain biking and also the fact that I'm a mechanic can help me out. I just want to go on adventures, camp, explore, and hopefully mountain bike...

I'm currently living in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

I currently drive a 2005 Lexus RX330 that I've pieced together a lift kit for and put bigger tires on, etc.

FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg IMG-2002.JPG

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello all, I am very excited to have found this community. I'm Brian, but my camping/shooting friends usually just call me Jedi because of my Star Wars obsession. So here are the "few things":

1) Saved till last...
2) I just relocated to the top left corner of the "Lower 48" in a small city called Ferndale, Washington. Before moving here I lived in Calaveras County, California (home of one of the most famous 4x4 trails...)
3) My overland drive is also my daily drive, a 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon. It has been left stock, for the most part, with the exception of important items like my amateur radio and 33" tires. I have many more improvements planned...
4) I don't have too much overland experience with the exception of what used to be a semi-annual trip to the high desert of Northern Nevada that involved 4-wheeling, camping, shooting and relaxation.

So, here is my Jeep, "Red Five" from one of my many trips through the desert.
IMG00053-20101017-1233.jpg

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

4F5291E9-3BCD-4F7F-9144-AE6B79D3FDFC.jpeg 6FD9AA2D-D272-42D0-953B-A2FFCC1BE82C.jpeg Hello, I’ve been a member since Jan 2018 and I’m finally introducing myself.
I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon all stock accept for the front bumper with a winch. My wife and I love camping. Very relaxing. Here lately we have explored Washington State every weekend for the past 2 months. We live in Yelm, WA.

It would be great to meet and possibly explore with other OB Members.