Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

MYDOGCHESTER

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

38.858376,-104.8785926
Member #

Hi all. Long time lurker first time poster. Just pulled the trigger on a membership finally. Long time out door adventurer exploring the great Rocky Mountains on 2 wheels. Looking to expand my portfolio on 4 wheels in my 2007 Jeep JKUR.

Located in Colorado Springs Colorado. Always up for some shenanigans...

OverlandIN

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

NE Indiana
Member #

24E367D7-9530-4243-B83D-D974291C0B39.jpeg Hi all,
I’m Doug from NE Indiana (Angola).
Rig: 2016 JKU
Experience: Somewhere in the middle. I’ve been an avid camper for most of my life, love being outdoors and have long been an off-road enthusiast. For the past few years I’ve been condensing those passions into something the whole family can enjoy...it turns out that what we’ve been enjoying has a name...overlanding. Who knew?

Last edited:

Camp Fyah JK

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tempe, AZ, USA
Member #

Rig
: 2013 Jeep JK 2dr -- AKA "CampFyah JK"
For weeks I had been trying to come up with a name that aptly fit my Jeep JK . On a solo camping trip this winter, standing around the campfire with reggae music playing in the background CampFyahJK was created right then and there.

Overlanding Experience Background
: Novice and eager to learn.
I am fortunate that my Jeep has taken me to places I may not have otherwise been able to see. I want to see a lot more so you gotta start somewhere and sometime. Might as well be now.

Traveler I

Hey I'm new at this!
I don't have a rig yet but we working on getting my first one. ( 2018 TRD PRO 4Runner I'm hoping :) ) My job takes me all over the United States and my Fiance can work from the road . This might sound crazy but the idea is to Overland the United States together while I work and she will do what she can. We are planning on living out of the 4Runner as much as possible. It would be a tight fit but I'm excited for the experiences this would bring. I'm hoping to start a build thread of everything that we do to the vehicle.

Lets see how this goes!

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Hey all, just joined, been into tacomas and dabbling in the offroad toyota thing for a few years. Also grew up camping and backpacking. My wife also loves camping and backpacking, however we just had our first child, and we chose to move more towards vehicle based camping to make trips a bit easier with our growing family. Honestly, we don't have the energy to burn 10-15 miles of trail in a weekend on foot like I used to do in highschool.

So, we are I guess doing what is now called overlanding. And we randomly just purchased a CVT Mt Shasta for a killer deal used on craigslist.

Hitting a local state park this weekend for our first shakedown run with the new tent and our re-organized gear! Learning that car camping is
1) very different than backpacking
2) has a ton more space available
3) hopefully is easier? We'll see
4) Fun because i get to play with my toyota after I do new addons.

Attachments

Sam storment

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Odessa tx
Member #

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am also new to the overland thing. I can't wait for the adventure to start. My rig is a 2014 tacoma 4x4 sr5. Love my truck. I live in the west texas area odessa tx. I don't know where to get started any trails around my area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

THATBLUEEYEDJK

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Connecticut
Member #

Hello everyone, My name is Wyatt. I am from CT. I am new to overland community. I am building an 08 Jeep wrangler 2dr. Almost done with my 1 ton ford axle swap. Looking forward to finishing the jeep and getting it setup for my first overland adventure!

Attachments

subiedru

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
Member #

Hey guys! My name is Andrew. I'm from the bay area CA. A little about my rig. 2015 4runner trail edition. Nothing much done to it as I try to keep it all simple and reliable. Just a few light and suspension. Will be adding sliders and an air compressor soon. I have a mattress settup in the back for me and my dog when we go explore. I travel with some simple recovery gear a tembo tusk skottle a simple fold up table for my kitchen a 10x10 canopy and a few chairs plus a few small things here and there. always carry a couple days of water and emergency stuff. Like I said. I'm minimal and simple. I find bringing just the essentials that the trip requires is key for me. Anyway I'm glad I'm apart of this community and hope to meet some of y'all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey guys! My name is Andrew. I'm from the bay area CA. A little about my rig. 2015 4runner trail edition. Nothing much done to it as I try to keep it all simple and reliable. Just a few light and suspension. Will be adding sliders and an air compressor soon. I have a mattress settup in the back for me and my dog when we go explore. I travel with some simple recovery gear a tembo tusk skottle a simple fold up table for my kitchen a 10x10 canopy and a few chairs plus a few small things here and there. always carry a couple days of water and emergency stuff. Like I said. I'm minimal and simple. I find bringing just the essentials that the trip requires is key for me. Anyway I'm glad I'm apart of this community and hope to meet some of y'all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Welcome. Nice rig

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app