Investor

Enthusiast I

Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McLerran
Member #

We drive a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon Edition. As parents of 5 kids we didn’t have a way to bring all our children on our adventures, so we added a 3rd row seat in the back of our Jeep. We’re really proud of how it turned out and our kids love piling in and going for a ride!

Shaun Huth

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Edmonton, Alberta
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Huth
Member #

Hello new friends!

I'm Shaun (my wife Tama, warming up to the overlanding idea).

We live in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
Drive a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk - stock.

No experience overlanding as an adult but grew up car camping and loved it.

Was first introduced to the overlanding concept by Expedition Overland, Andrew St. Pierre White and then IamJake. Such great people!

Looking forward to building up the gear needed and meeting many of you in this community!

Attachments

Shaun Huth

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Edmonton, Alberta
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Huth
Member #

We drive a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon Edition. As parents of 5 kids we didn’t have a way to bring all our children on our adventures, so we added a 3rd row seat in the back of our Jeep. We’re really proud of how it turned out and our kids love piling in and going for a ride!
Welcome! We are same day joiners.:grinning: I love the idea of the 3rd row, do you have pics? When I was kid, my grandad just threw us all in the back of the Landcruiser, no seats for us. So much fun and such great memories!

KevinD

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hi, I am Kevin.

Yesterday I bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, longbed. No extra features. Standard tires, etc. I am a novice at offroading.

I live in the East Bay, San Francisco area.

I am an avid hiker, camper and wildlife photographer and I am looking forward to getting further back in the woods etc. I also just got my HAM license (General) which I think may be handy for going overland in groups.

I am anxious to participate in some group events and learn from you more experienced folks.

Thanks,
Kevin

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi, I am Kevin.

Yesterday I bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, longbed. No extra features. Standard tires, etc. I am a novice at offroading.

I live in the East Bay, San Francisco area.

I am an avid hiker, camper and wildlife photographer and I am looking forward to getting further back in the woods etc. I also just got my HAM license (General) which I think may be handy for going overland in groups.

I am anxious to participate in some group events and learn from you more experienced folks.

Thanks,
Kevin
Welcome. Great Rig platform to build out on. Glad to see another HAM. Look forward to seeing your Pics. You'll find a couple of different threads where folks post pics --Nature, Campsites, Bridges, etc. :sunglasses:

Edgrrr

Rank 0

Traveler I

Kwe
My rig’s name is Edgrrr, a 2013 Jk 2 door. We’ve been together since 2014 and always happy!

We’re located near Bragg Creek, Alberta. (For now)

Experience: backpacking hiking and camping. Some back country with Edgrrr. Now building a camping trailer (out of military M101)

Bush time is best time for me.

Got a co-pilot named Oscar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Welcome to OB, I think I watched that video on YouTube not long ago. It was some nice fab work.

Reactions: Edgrrr

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm WJ Dahl, I'm mostly new here (I set up account then got busy). I'm a Dad and college student so have a pretty modest rig. I drive a 1999 Jeep WJ 4.7 Up-Country not much for mods yet:interstate battery led auxiliary light in cargo area,and a half installed CB radio. I'm planning a 2" spacer lift and front auto-locker this spring. I'm living in Minot ND and I'm somewhat experienced in overlanding but still got a lot to learn.
here's a few pics
the trailer house isn't mine lol I'm not being evicted and the last one is a mock up of the lift
View attachment 48895 View attachment 48896 View attachment 48897 View attachment 48898
Welcome WJ Dahl! I've got a 2000 XJ and used to live in "Why Not Minot" back in the mid 1970's when my Dad was working on the Minuteman Missile project for Boeing. I've got some fond memories of Minot, especially playing hockey outdoors before they built the indoor rink at the fairgrounds. Hopefully you can spread the word about overlanding in your area!

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

Hello all, just joined (#10609)... looking forward to getting to know the community. @wearepachari is myself, Bradley Joyce, and my wife, Rocio Segura. We are new to overlanding and looking forward to setting off on our first adventures.

We are currently in Dallas, TX.

Initially our plan was to find a Ford E-350 EB van and convert to a 4x4 overland vehicle. After much discussion and negotiations we decided we needed a bit more space and found a killer deal on a 2001 E-450 shuttle bus that we are currently in the process of converting into a beefy 4x4 overlanding RV :-) We'll see how it goes! We obviously won't be during super hardcore off-roading but definitely plan to get to some remote places and will eventually be taking it down to South America.

Welcome! I hope you share your build process on the forum. I've thought of doing something similar for stealth camping and traveling. I can't wait to see what you do in the build process!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

Brand new here. And just getting in to the concept of Overlanding. Mainly been touring by motorcycle (HD Road Glide Custom 2013) but looking to switch over to a 4 wheel adventure vehicle (been camping with friends and see the need for a more capable vehicle). So no rig just yet but got my eye on a Toyota truck.
Welcome Leothe3rd! You can't go wrong with a Toyota and you will find people here that like to adventure out on 2 wheels as well as 4. I have a 2000 Jeep XJ, 2014 Suzuki V Strom 1000 Adventure, 2013 Husqvarna TE310 and an old Honda CR 125. I had a Harley Street Bob which I loved but wanted something that I could do more adventures on so I got the Husky and the V Strom.

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm WJ Dahl, I'm mostly new here (I set up account then got busy). I'm a Dad and college student so have a pretty modest rig. I drive a 1999 Jeep WJ 4.7 Up-Country not much for mods yet:interstate battery led auxiliary light in cargo area,and a half installed CB radio. I'm planning a 2" spacer lift and front auto-locker this spring. I'm living in Minot ND and I'm somewhat experienced in overlanding but still got a lot to learn.
here's a few pics
the trailer house isn't mine lol I'm not being evicted and the last one is a mock up of the lift
View attachment 48895 View attachment 48896 View attachment 48897 View attachment 48898
Hi and Welcome fellow WJ'er!

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Nice rig. Just purchased a smittybilt overland myself. How long have you been using it and has it held up pretty good?
Hi! Not sure if you were referring to me aussie571 reply or WJ Dalh post...but this is my WJ here in Oz.
03 4.7 HO Overland20180224_120755.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

wearepachari

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dallas, TX
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Joyce
Member #

Welcome! I hope you share your build process on the forum. I've thought of doing something similar for stealth camping and traveling. I can't wait to see what you do in the build process!
Will definitely be posting a full build thread as we go. Hoping to really be able to dive into the build in April/May. We do have a few photos of what we've done so far up on our instagram. Cheers!

Sandbox714

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fenton,mi
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Lund
Member #

Hi all, my name is Ryan

I drive a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 double cab.
I have spent some time in the woods with a backpack but new to overland travel. ( novice ). Trying to setup my rig for mild trails and car camping. I do carry a warn xd9000i in the cradle mount and front and rear receivers. Also carry the basic recovery kit with snatch block,straps,chain and a few shackles. Hoping to convert to soft shackles in the near future. Highlift jack and a shovel also are always on board. Definitely would like to get a little more experience with all of that stuff. SAFE PRACTICES