Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Benjamin Hayden

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kentucky
Member #

Hello to everyone! I am a new member to this overlanding community and am from south central Kentucky. My build is finally taking off and I am very excited about it.

My rig is a very clean and rust-free:
2002 Tacoma SRS with an awesome $75 Hi-Rise camper shell and a homemade bed platform that my friend and I built. My truck is currently sitting on stock tires and rims :sunglasses:

My 2" lift kit and new CB radio setup is on its way and set to arrive tomorrow (Feb. 20th) which will further my build along! I'm super pumped for the near and distant future for my build as I have some great ideas to make my taco truly unique!

Here are some glamour pics and pics from recent overland trips! (And yes, I did Photoshop nicer headlights in my first pic because I'm self conscious about my ugly hazy lenses lol)

TacomaDSLR80.jpg 20180128_165224.jpg 20171010_133615.jpg 20171010_132846.jpg

zach white

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville, SC
Member #

sweet rig i just bought a toyota ln106 turbo deisel
Oh hell yea! Love a good diesel! Got an 85 fj60 that was my first vehicle in hs..oil pump went bad...plan on doing a vortex swap at some point! But of course I’ve got a ton more stuff to do to the Tacoma and of course bills all in time...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

RyanJ

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Welcome to the forums. It looks and sounds like you are well versed in Overlanding. Look forward to reading about your adventures.
Thank you! I’m not sure if camping and overlanding are directly interchangeable? Overlanding is still a new term for me. We spend a lot of time in the same places year after year (same weekends, same group of friends) and we need to explore new places on top of our regularly scheduled outings.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Ridge Runner Tundra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Woodbridge, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Cimoli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6UDC
Current Vehicle: 2013 Ford Edge LTD AWD
Next Vehicle: TBD
Overland Experience: Novice/Newbie
Why Overlanding?: My wife and I love to travel and explore. We know we dont have the best rig currently for off road use, but this is new to us and we want to research the best choice for us. We have gone overlanding with friends in the past and feel in love with traveling that way. I look forward to meeting people, learning and traveling

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2013 Ford Edge LTD AWD
Next Vehicle: TBD
Overland Experience: Novice/Newbie
Why Overlanding?: My wife and I love to travel and explore. We know we dont have the best rig currently for off road use, but this is new to us and we want to research the best choice for us. We have gone overlanding with friends in the past and feel in love with traveling that way. I look forward to meeting people, learning and traveling
Welcome! This forum has a great wealth of information and plenty of fellow overlanders who are willing to answer any questions you might have. I've really been enjoying my time in this community and have met some really cool people thanks to this site!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Aaron. I recently moved to NY and I'm looking for a good group to overland with. I figured this was the perfect place to start my search.

Rig: 2016 4Runner Trail
Experience: Moderate, I used to go camping/4wheeling every weekend but haven't done much in the last few years. Looking to get back out there on a regular basis
Hey Aaron, welcome! What part of "upstate NY" do you live? I used to live in the Hudson Valley which we never considered to be be "upstate" but everyone south of Yonkers did. lol

Reactions: Packr12

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is April, I live in the greater Sacramento area with my partner Thomas. I have been adventuring since I was 18. I used to push my two-door car to the limits in the canyon until I graduated to a bigger and better vehicle with more capabilities. This is how I learned to drive and maneuver my way around the trail obstacles.

I always told myself I would buy a Jeep and travel the U.S. I put it off for a long time due to excuses. I’m not getting any younger! I finally committed and bought a 2012 Jeep JKU. I put off major modifications due to lack of incentive and cash until our friends planned a trip to Utah where I put my skills to the test once again. Let’s just say I think I hit my threshold as of now on Utah’s Hells Revenge or I was extremely exhausted from that week’s previous trails. I made it through, thanks to my partner (my spotter) and our friends to helping spot and put the entire trip together. I now have the adventure bug even more.

My rig is my 2012 Jeep JKU; locked, skid plates, winch, rack, rooftop tent, etc.

Thank you!
View attachment 48425 View attachment 48427 View attachment 48428
Sweet setup! Fellow "black on black" Wrangler owner here. Welcome to the community!

Reactions: AprilC

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

HI, I’m Jeff and I’m newbie here that lives in the Pacific Northwest. I’ve been on and off the forum for years but didn’t join till this past September. I got the bug for Overlanding from watching the first season of Expedition Overland on Youtube and then I found Overland Bound and have watched it grow since its infancy. I’m looking forward to all that Overlanding has to offer! I have a 2000 Jeep XJ and also have a 2013 Husqvarna TE 310 and a 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Adventure.View attachment 48207View attachment 48208View attachment 48209
We too watched the first season of expedition overland and became intrigued.....

Nice Cherokee! Are you planning on attending the NW Overland Rally in WA in June?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
How' it going new to the 4x4 stuff and overlanding appeals more to me, my rig will be my DD and I'm not looking to roll it and generally abuse it till it's toast. I want to get out and enjoy it with my kids
Welcome Josh. Nice Rig shot. Look forward to seeing your adventures with your kids.

Packr12

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Aaron, welcome! What part of "upstate NY" do you live? I used to live in the Hudson Valley which we never considered to be be "upstate" but everyone south of Yonkers did. lol
Hey, I'm about an hour north of Albany right around Saratoga Springs. Do you know of any good trails/camping spots in the area? Or anywhere in NY. I've done some exploring in the Pharaoh Lake Wilderness area but haven't quite got the time to devote an entire weekend to it yet. Do you ever make it back over this way?

awinter

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi all, I'm Anthony. Recently purchased an 07 Toyota 4Runner, which I told myself I wasn't going to start building on right away. That lasted about 2 days, and then I started researching different builds, which led me here! Nice to meet you all. I'm from San Diego (County), CA and would say I'm comfortable off-road, but by no means an expert. Sold my previous rig, 02 Tacoma, several years ago after our 3rd child was born. Youngest one is 4 now, so it's time to get back out there!
2007 Toyota 4Runner still stock
4Runner.jpeg
2002 Toyota Tacoma - TC UCA w/ Icon coil-overs, Deavers and Bilsteins in the rear, nothing spectacular but it sure was fun :(
Tacoma.png

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi all, I'm Anthony. Recently purchased an 07 Toyota 4Runner, which I told myself I wasn't going to start building on right away. That lasted about 2 days, and then I started researching different builds, which led me here! Nice to meet you all. I'm from San Diego (County), CA and would say I'm comfortable off-road, but by no means an expert. Sold my previous rig, 02 Tacoma, several years ago after our 3rd child was born. Youngest one is 4 now, so it's time to get back out there!
2007 Toyota 4Runner still stock
View attachment 48577
2002 Toyota Tacoma - TC UCA w/ Icon coil-overs, Deavers and Bilsteins in the rear, nothing spectacular but it sure was fun :(
View attachment 48578
Welcome 'another 4Runner' owner. Look forward to seeing your mods in the forums.

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Hello from Nashville! Hoping to meet up and get out a bit more than I have lately. My rides are a '14 Nissan Frontier pro4x with factory locker, ARE camper shell, sliders, and skids. More to come. Also have a '91 isuzu amigo with ARB rear locker, swayaway/bilstein suspension, built 4ze1 2.6, bunch of other junk. Resized_20171106_121616.jpeg Resized_20160911_161908.jpeg