• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello,

My name is Dom. I drive a 1999 Jeep TJ Sport. Currently, it is not set up for overland adventures but is in the research phase and soon will be adding parts and equipment required to meet my needs. I am an avid outdoorsman and have done a good amount of off the grid camping and exploration, however, its all been hiking based. excited to take those skills and reach into the world of over landing. My jeep is currently all stock with the exception of the wheels and tires. View attachment 46233
Hi Dom and welcome to OB! Nice looking TJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
Hello Gang. I'm very happy to be here. Been overlanding since we used to call it "vanning". Lol. Along came family and station wagons. While working in California and Nevada I fell in love with the desert and off road adventure. Now the kids are grown, it's time to get back to the Mojave/Moab area and explore.
Wow! That is a nice bed in the back of your unlimited. That's comfort!

Reactions: Scott Slade

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everybody!

I am located in the High Desert are of California. I have been into off roading for a while now. I have a 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 that I built into a rock crawler as well as a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 that I am building into my Overland Rig/daily driver. I haven't done much overlanding yet but I would love to meet some people to go out with.
Hi Dude47 and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Rig: 2014 JKU
Experience: Jeep owner for 14 years.

My name is Renay. I've owned a Jeep for the past 14 yrs. The hardest trip I ever had was completing the Rubicon Trail 5 yrs ago with a local club. After 4 yrs of owning my current Jeep, I finally was able to put a bit of money into her. A goal is to take a cross country Jeep trip while I still have my eyesight and can climb into my Jeep. I used to just want to do day trips but I am starting to want to travel solely by Jeep.

View attachment 46212
Hi Renay and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Introduction of New Member.
I am Rob and I have a highly modified 99 Jeep Cherokee.
Haven't don't any overlanding in many years but I am looking forward to giving it a go.
This forum looks to have the info I need to help me along.

I live in Utah so there is plenty to explore.

Rob
Hi Rob and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Gang. I'm very happy to be here. Been overlanding since we used to call it "vanning". Lol. Along came family and station wagons. While working in California and Nevada I fell in love with the desert and off road adventure. Now the kids are grown, it's time to get back to the Mojave/Moab area and explore.
Hi Scott and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig and like that bed! SAfe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone ...
1) Location: Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia
2) Rig: 2003, Jeep, WJ/WG Overland...WG means export...but we still call them WJ's
3) Have done a small amount of overlanding or 4wd Touring as we say here in Australia
View attachment 46241
Hi Aussie571 and welcome to OB! Nice looking WJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Aussie571

Matt4Run

Rank 0

Traveler I

1) Ill add a photo later but right now its a stock white 4Runner TRD - Already planning modifications
2) Minneapolis, MN (Parker, CO prior to MPLS)
3) 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD
4) I had a 2014 Rubicon that was fairly modified which I used while in Colorado (Mostly rock crawling). Since moving back to MN, I sold the JKU and bought a 4Runner. My wife and two kids enjoy camping and overland inspired road trips so we are really looking forward to having so good family fun with the 4Runner.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

1) I'll add a photo later but right now its a stock white 4Runner TRD - Already planning modifications
4) I had a 2014 Rubicon that was fairly modified which I used while in Colorado (Mostly rock crawling). Since moving back to MN, I sold the JKU and bought a 4Runner. My wife and two kids enjoy camping and overland inspired road trips so we are really looking forward to having so good family fun with the 4Runner.
Hi Matt and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Wandering With You

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

1) Ill add a photo later but right now its a stock white 4Runner TRD - Already planning modifications
Welcome! Trying to get a little local action going on this thread: Hello Minnesotans!
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/Hello-Minnesotans!.551/

Wandering With You

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hey everyone!

Beginner overlander but experienced camper here. Went to Moab last year with a group of Minnesota overlanders and had a good time. This idea is in line with my passion, which is canoe camping the BWCA region.

Vehicle: 2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Stock but looking to mke some modifications but still not totally sure what to do first
Experience: I’ve been canoe camping in the BWCA and other remote area many times, and am as comfortable outside in the woods as I am in my living room. I’ve never really overlander in a vehicle however, so this idea is new to me.
Hey @Bentpine !

Ever had your rig up to the BWCA? I’ve been trying to research the forest service roads up that way and am curious to know what kinds of driving opportunities exist. I imagine the possibilities are practically endless...