Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from N GA. I drive a 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2. I put 3 1/2" under it with Terra Firma HD springs in the rear and Bearmach D110 HD +45mm in the front with D1 spring perches. Local sliders with tree bars (Merry Christmas)...custom winch bumper with Superwinch and all controls in engine bay. Just got my rack from Voyager. Mantec snorkel. 285/75/16 on stock wheels. Have 50/50 xfer case and linkage to install when time permits. Hope to install a detroit true track in the rear soon. My overlanding experience stems from living out of an M998 for months at a time doing recovery in the Army. Now it's more fun. I'm always looking to roll with anyone who wants to go.View attachment 43149
Hi Danny and welcome to OB! Nice looking Land Rover! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: stukenarut

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Howdy! My name is Landon, OB#9289. I'm a small town Texas boy who has grown up hunting camping and driving 4x4 trails.

I currently reside in College Station, Texas and my rig is a 2017 JKU Rubicon. Looking forward to learning from many of y'all!

Welcome Landon, You’ve got a lot of nice trail ahead of you enjoy it with from friends!

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Hello from N GA. I drive a 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2. I put 3 1/2" under it with Terra Firma HD springs in the rear and Bearmach D110 HD +45mm in the front with D1 spring perches. Local sliders with tree bars (Merry Christmas)...custom winch bumper with Superwinch and all controls in engine bay. Just got my rack from Voyager. Mantec snorkel. 285/75/16 on stock wheels. Have 50/50 xfer case and linkage to install when time permits. Hope to install a detroit true track in the rear soon. My overlanding experience stems from living out of an M998 for months at a time doing recovery in the Army. Now it's more fun. I'm always looking to roll with anyone who wants to go.View attachment 43149

Hi Danny, Sweet rig man! Hope to see you along the trail sometime!

Reactions: Danny Frazier

WE ROME

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Glenmoore, PA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3VMI, WRER282
Service Branch
USAF retired, fire p
Newish member here, we joined @ Overland Expo East in NC, Oct 2017. My wife and I have been overlanding for 30 years in our '86 FJ60, but also on BMW R80G/Ss. Our 60 is nicely modified for us, would like to speak to others about their 60 as well as overlanding in the east.
We joined the east contingent for a trip in VT a few months back and had an awesome time, and will do more.
What a great group and VERY well managed!!

WE ROME

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Glenmoore, PA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3VMI, WRER282
Service Branch
USAF retired, fire p
We are looking into a Maltec camper, is there anyone here who has any experience with with a Malted Camper, from Germany?

ejk87

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Hey Folks-

I've been into outdoor adventure for quite a while but somehow have just now stumbled upon Overlanding. I'm quickly becoming obsessed and have been reading as much into it as possible. Looking forward to getting my rig set and heading out to explore. Here is a bit about myself and my setup so far.

Based in South Carolina
2016 GMC Sierra
Novice Overlander - Experienced outdoorsman

If you're ever over my way, feel free to reach out.

CABill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

California
Member #

Hello all.
Name is Bill
Located in NorCal, SF Bay Area
Rig is 1999 LX470 with major modifications.
Used to by a rock crawler with my 85 CJ7 (Rubicon runner) but looking for a gentler path now. Novice overlander , experienced 4x4er.

Pic is in the Sierra Buttes. Still trying to break the rock crawling habit.

Looking forward to more adventures.Grocery Shopping.JPG

Last edited:

steelheadbum

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Tak
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PAZ
New to this community and wanted to introduce myself. Would love to learn lots and have some buddies for trips!

SF/Bay Area
2017 Tacoma TRD OR with slight modifications
Novice (but love the outdoors and fly fishing)

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all.
Name is Bill
Located in NorCal, SF Bay Area
Rig is 1999 LX470 with major modifications.
Used to by a rock crawler with my 85 CJ7 (Rubicon runner) but looking for a gentler path now. Novice overlander , experienced 4x4er.

Pic is in the Sierra Buttes. Still trying to break the rock crawling habit.

Looking forward to more adventures.View attachment 43213
Hi Bill and welcome to OB! Nice looking LX470! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

rubicon91

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Southwest FL
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Donny I am from sunny southwest FL. Currently I have a 2017 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. It is currently going through a transformation. I had a trailer/rtt along with a gobi rack awning etc. All has been sold and I am patiently waiting for my Ursa Minor J30 to show up. Should be in the next few weeks. My wife got me the membership here for a Christmas Present. #9681

Attachments

Reactions: Rene Daniel

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Donny I am from sunny southwest FL. Currently I have a 2017 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. It is currently going through a transformation. I had a trailer/rtt along with a gobi rack awning etc. All has been sold and I am patiently waiting for my Ursa Minor J30 to show up. Should be in the next few weeks. My wife got me the membership here for a Christmas Present. #9681
Hi Donny and welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!