Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2PTJ
Service Branch
USAF, National Guard
Name: Bill
Local: Central Iowa
Vehicle: 2014 Jeep JK/Dinoot DIY trailer/Tepui RTT
Experience: Working on it....

Hi ya, folks. New member, old guy. Come from 30 years of backpacking. Would have come sooner had I known the benefits of a toothbrush with the handle still intact, cooking real food in cast iron instead of $6 packets of flavored freeze-dried sawdust reconstituted in a wafer thin tin pot , a 3" mattress instead of a half inch thick egg crate foam pad and most especially, a real camp chair with a back and arms instead of a rock. Why didn't any of you say something sooner?
Anyway, look forward to learning a bunch from you young guinea pi, rather, outdoorsmen and women.
Hi Bill! Welcome to OB. Like the trailer, especially the license plate.

Reactions: JeepinJournals

ZoblinGomB

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everybody!
I'm new to this overlanding thing
I just decided recently (as in last week) to upgrade my '00 Outback to a more capable rig!
2" lift
Cooper AT3's
Skid plates
Front bumper
Rock rails
And hopefully (with some budget stretching) some lighting
I'm hoping to put together a build thread for it to help provide inspiration for those looking for ideas.

Cheers!

Reactions: DanR and Carnivore

cseuler

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all, Clinton Euler here from Orlando, FL. Zero experience thus far but excited to learn and see where it takes me! I have a bone stock (for now) 2009 Nissan Xterra Off-Road. I am married and have two boys, 8 and 11. They love the idea of us going off-road and exploring and camping so I cant wait to share the adventure with them.
20170917_183103.jpg

FJ81

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
Member #

Good day everyone. My name is Frank, I live in southern California. Yesterday I went to REI to get a couple small things and I bumped into member 0018. I had been wanting to join for a while but kept putting it off, but after meeting this member I knew I had to do it. I have a 1996 FZJ80 that I am slowly nursing back to health.
IMG_20170729_145109946_HDR.jpg

Bhatti

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello All,

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location : Orange County, CA
3) Rig : Toyota Tacomma 2017 OFF ROAD stock
4) Overlanding Experience: Going through Overlanding 101 :) Did my first off road trail last sunday (Santiago Peak, OC)

I like this forum and looking forward to join the adventureIMG-7224.JPG .

Reactions: DanR and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all, Clinton Euler here from Orlando, FL. Zero experience thus far but excited to learn and see where it takes me! I have a bone stock (for now) 2009 Nissan Xterra Off-Road. I am married and have two boys, 8 and 11. They love the idea of us going off-road and exploring and camping so I cant wait to share the adventure with them.
View attachment 35796
Hello Clinton..welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Good day everyone. My name is Frank, I live in southern California. Yesterday I went to REI to get a couple small things and I bumped into member 0018. I had been wanting to join for a while but kept putting it off, but after meeting this member I knew I had to do it. I have a 1996 FZJ80 that I am slowly nursing back to health.
View attachment 35798
Hello Frank...wel
Hello All,

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location : Orange County, CA
3) Rig : Toyota Tacomma 2017 OFF ROAD stock
4) Overlanding Experience: Going through Overlanding 101 :) Did my first off road trail last sunday (Santiago Peak, OC)

I like this forum and looking forward to join the adventureView attachment 35799 .
Hello Bhatti...welcome to the OB crew...nice truck

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everybody!
I'm new to this overlanding thing
I just decided recently (as in last week) to upgrade my '00 Outback to a more capable rig!
2" lift
Cooper AT3's
Skid plates
Front bumper
Rock rails
And hopefully (with some budget stretching) some lighting
I'm hoping to put together a build thread for it to help provide inspiration for those looking for ideas.

Cheers!
Hi ZoblinGomB and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 35796
Hi Clinton and welcome to OB! Nice looking Xterra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: cseuler