Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

WahooJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello all,

Chris from Charlottesville, VA.
I've been offloading for over 25 years, but most of the time has been spent rock crawling or camping.
As I have gotten older, I've started spending more time wheeling alone or with 1-2 others and exploring more public trails in our area.

I've still got my crawler, a 2005 Jeep LJ that has to get towed to most spots.
I've got a 2007 JKU that I use for exploring and camping. I usually tow a homemade offload trailer based off a M101A2 as a base for myself and my two Cane Corso's, and my two teenage sons.

Some pics...

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi Chris, and Welcome to Overland Bound!

I lived north of you in Orange County in the '80s. What a beautiful area for exploring. It was great driving in the foothills in sporty cars and motorcycles, too!

Welcome aboard,
Steve

cash9300

Rank I

Contributor III

My name is Mack from coeburn Virginia. I drive a 2007 hummer h3 off-roading is new to me just fire roads mostly but getting ready to start modifying my rig for more capability and enjoyment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello all,

Chris from Charlottesville, VA.
I've been offloading for over 25 years, but most of the time has been spent rock crawling or camping.
As I have gotten older, I've started spending more time wheeling alone or with 1-2 others and exploring more public trails in our area.

I've still got my crawler, a 2005 Jeep LJ that has to get towed to most spots.
I've got a 2007 JKU that I use for exploring and camping. I usually tow a homemade offload trailer based off a M101A2 as a base for myself and my two Cane Corso's, and my two teenage sons.

Some pics...

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another JKU on here. Mine's an 07' as well and hope to keep it a very long time. Start a build thread when you get a chance. I'd like to see more about your Jeep and trailer. I'm looking to buy an M416 and mod it for exploring.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
My name is Mack from coeburn Virginia. I drive a 2007 hummer h3 off-roading is new to me just fire roads mostly but getting ready to start modifying my rig for more capability and enjoyment

Welcome to the forum. There's a couple other H3's on here. I'm sure they would be happy to advise you in anyway possible.

JoKer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi, I'm JoKer. Im trying to get onto the overland scene. I've been interested for quite sometime now, but with my busy schedule, it's quite difficult to make time. I don't really know what else to say. Feel free to contact me for whatever.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi, I'm JoKer. Im trying to get onto the overland scene. I've been interested for quite sometime now, but with my busy schedule, it's quite difficult to make time. I don't really know what else to say. Feel free to contact me for whatever.
Welcome to the forum. It's always tough to find time with work. I think we all just do what we can, when we can.

Reactions: pace04

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hey Y'all..

Rick Blain from Pampa, Texas (Upper Texas panhandle)
1992 FJ80, OME goodies, Lockers, 4.88's, Slee front bumper, 4x4 labs rear, sliders, ported and cammed 3FE
VERY minimal overland experience. In the process now of researching and gathering gear for the many trips to come. Being from the great state of Texas, I love guns, God and everything in between. But I'm not a closed minded redneck like you see in the media. I love all walks and mindsets. I love America and what it stands for. It's truly a land of freedom and that's why I want to get out and be free, even if it's a weekend at a time.

I don't have a nickname for my rig yet. I've only owned it for 2 months now. Here's a couple pics. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully making it out west to a meet at some point! Ordered my badges last night. :)

View attachment 1916 View attachment 1917
Nice cruiser! Welcome to OB

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hey everyone, figure I should start here. I'm Chris from Santa Cruz. Came here to celebrate the overland lifestyle we all love.

Rig: 93' FZJ80. 3x locked w/175k. My dream truck. Owned it for 7 yrs now, kept it stock until last year. Then I built it up into the safari wagon it's always meant to be. 3" lift, duratracs, ARB front bumper, Engo 10k, HID spots, LEDs all over in and out, expo rack, Tepui, awning, fridge, White Knuckle sliders, skids, etc.

In my second year now overlanding, so still a little light on the experience but have always camped and explored the outdoors in other ways. Well prepared though. I need to get stuck more, have stuff break, probably just "Go for it" a bit more but we (me,wife,3yo) have only travelled solo so it's a little more risky. Still trying to balance the over-planning/under-planning for a trip and executing with those plans and not getting sidetracked or waste time. All part of the fun.View attachment 1923 View attachment 1924
Sweet rig man! Hope to see more pictures!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Welcome to OB! Get some pictures going. Fire roads are fun! Especially when it is snowing.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Welcome to the group Joker! Please tell us a little bit about your rig.
are you going to be doing any mods to your rig sooon? This is a great spot to learrn about gear and places to go.!

stough77

Rank II

Advocate II

Hey everyone - Justin here. Been a long time adventurer/car camping fanatic ever since the day my father picked up his brand new Toyota 4x4 p/u in 1990. I've owned 3 Toyota Trucks (2 4x4s) all of which took me beautiful locations all throughout California and Arizona. I'm now the proud owner of an 01 UZJ100 which compliments my needs quite well. I really feel like I've found the last vehicle I'll ever own...love it to the moon and back. I'm fairly experienced in vehicle dependent travel (3 to 4 day trips at least), but I'm always looking to grow and learn from others. Cheers everyone!

Attachments

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Hey everyone - Justin here. Been a long time adventurer/car camping fanatic ever since the day my father picked up his brand new Toyota 4x4 p/u in 1990. I've owned 3 Toyota Trucks (2 4x4s) all of which took me beautiful locations all throughout California and Arizona. I'm now the proud owner of an 01 UZJ100 which compliments my needs quite well. I really feel like I've found the last vehicle I'll ever own...love it to the moon and back. I'm fairly experienced in vehicle dependent travel (3 to 4 day trips at least), but I'm always looking to grow and learn from others. Cheers everyone!
welcome!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome to the forum.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Rig: 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Experience: Novice! As green as the grass haha

I'm really wanting to meet up with some people and at the least start off-roading locally. Once I gain confidence would really want to start traveling with my future wife!

Reactions: Byron Eby

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Rig: 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Experience: Novice! As green as the grass haha

I'm really wanting to meet up with some people and at the least start off-roading locally. Once I gain confidence would really want to start traveling with my future wife!
welcome, this is a great place to learn. Future wife? Does that mean you're engaged or your still searching ?