Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Vthodges

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sw Va
Member #

Hello from Virginia my name is Mark. My soon to be wife and I love to explore.
2015 Rubicon Unlimited
middle of the dirt road overlander

Reactions: Nate Martin

Tanner Howe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rio Vista
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I'm just getting my "Overland" feet wet, but I'm looking forward to taking the floaties off!!!
Rig: 2011 Toyota Tacom SR5
Experience: Green like the color of my Timber Taco.

Attachments

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

So i d'like to say hello from Europe

My Name is Patrik and i come from Principality of Liechtenstein, a quite small country between Switzerland and Austria.

1) Pictures
2) Location
Ruggell, Liechtenstein
3) The Roof Top Tent is a Beduin Classic 170 from Beduin Tents & more. The RTT is from 1999 (!) and the former owner has been with it to severel locations like Africa, Marocco, Jemen,.... so that tent saw a lot of.
The RTT is mounted with Thule SquareBars on the railing of my Volkswagen Passat Variant 2.8 4Motion
4) Overlanding Expirience
Until I got the RTT sometimes I used to sleep in the car, but I always had the problem with space ( I'm 198cm / 6.5f big), even the stationwagon had not enough space for me. I have no offroad experience.
Welcome Patrick! Very cool set up!

Reactions: Nate Martin

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

W
Hi Everyone,

I'm just getting my "Overland" feet wet, but I'm looking forward to taking the floaties off!!!
Rig: 2011 Toyota Tacom SR5
Experience: Green like the color of my Timber Taco.
Welcome Tanner! I am just getting my feet wet as well. This is certainly is the place to learn all about it!

Traveler I

Alaska
Resized_20170805_112202.jpeg I'm Nathan from Alaska and I have a few rigs but the newest addition that is going to be my expedition build is a 99 4runner V6 4wd 5 speed with a rear diff e-locker. I'm an experienced driver, mechanic, adventureer who loves being in the mountains whether it be on my mountain bike, snowboard, snow machine, quad, truck or just hiking. I'm a commercial fisherman who has my merchant mariner credential as well as my 40hr hazwoper and other safety oriented training. My parents met in automotive school and my older brother is an ASE certified master tech, I've been working on everything starting on building a 89 cr80 in my bedroom with my brother when I was 10 to boats, quads, dirt bikes, snow machine's, airplanes and all kinds of cool stuff. Living in bush Alaska you learn a lot to survive. So I am excited to be a part of this new forum and I hope to share my newest build (my fiance's) with all of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Kozora

Jordan Howard

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Durango
I'm new to overlanding. I've only taken my Durango on light trails so far. I'm currently in the process of making it reliable and I plan on lifting it 3" on 33" General Grabbers. I haven't seen many overland outfitted Durango's so I think it will be an awesome project. I can't wait to have it done and make it out to some events!

Attachments

Reactions: AlexG

Traveler I

Alaska
Here is my first serious build from stock, soon to get a 3.4 swapped in and a SAS. it's a 92 on 35x14.5 SSR's with 4.88 Yukon gears, lock right in the rear tru-trac up front, trail gear bumper with a warn 9.5 ti winch, custom rear bumper built by my bro, rigid dualies, hids with clear lenses, headache rack with a high lift mount and a bed toolbox, 40 lb Danforth boat anchor for flat land swamp and beach winch extractions (works really well), 4runner bucket seats and mirrors, custom cold air intake and borla cat back with cat delete... It needs some love soon, it's been neglected. FB_IMG_1503815714500.jpg FB_IMG_1503815766029.jpg FB_IMG_1503815714500.jpg FB_IMG_1503815766029.jpg FB_IMG_1503815714500.jpg FB_IMG_1503815766029.jpg

Traveler I

Alaska
FB_IMG_1503816062834.jpg my 2001 TRD Taco, OME rear lift springs with bilsteins all around (5100's with the adjustable height up front) gray wire mod, cold air intake and flow master cat back and cat delete, PIAA 510's, flush mount dually knock offs in the rear bumper, reverse cam hooked up to a touch screen Pioneer DVD head unit that also runs infinity kappa component speakers all around with the little pillar tweets and all, 2400watt Pioneer class D mono block amp pushing a 12" kicker solo baric and a box mounted capacitor w/digital readout, green hids with the clear lenses, after market alarm with keyless entry, TRD leather shift knob, TRD carbon fiber short antenna, 33's, extended diff breathers and I'm sure there's more...