Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hello! My name is Dave. I'm from Albuquerque, NM and drive a 2008 Jeep JKU. I've been overlanding since I was a kid, although I didn't know that's what it was called until 2014 when I found the Overland Expo West on line and signed up. It was a great time and I've been back a couple of times since. Most of my travels are in New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah. This is an older photo, I currently have a 2 1/2 inch lift with 34" BFG KO's, front and rear Smittybilt Atlas XRC bumpers, and a Smittybilt 9,500 lb winch on the front. Ready to go!

DSC00485.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: Kklena808

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hey, I'm MamaBear! (wife of Stringtwelve, I know, be jealous)

Rig: 2014 Trail Edition 4Runner
Experience: Beginner, co-pilot to Stringtwelve

I'm also a Mama to a 2 year old. Looking to enhance the overlanding experience to include families into the fun! Looking forward to sharing my experience and advice into new overlanding families here on overlandbound.com.
Great trails in the Guads! Do you get up there much?

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Hi from Mesa, AZ! I'm a former Soldier, current roller derby skater; my partner is a 3 yearish old Pit/Lab and we just wanna have fun. It's kinda hot here in Mesa so we're looking to start adventuring into cold climates. Right around 90 degrees would be awesome. We are headed to Flagstaff for our first adventure. I rock the legendary 'pretend Jeep' 2016 Jeep MK/Jeep Patriot High Altitude Totally awesome CVT drive with a cute 4x4 lever Rolls on shiny 17's with metric equivalent of 27's Rather than crawling off road it takes a spirited skinny pedal approach to go places Custom fabricated rear end incorporating dents to save weight and look tough Basic road trip and camping gear for now Planning on building kitchen on driver side & mechanic/service bay on passenger side. 'The goal is a daily driven stealth over landing Jeep with some smiles and surprises!
Welcome from a fellow AZer! I'm planning a small event coming up Oct. 1st, you're welcome to join if you're interested! https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/arizona-lake-pleasant-trail-planning.9126/

Eric711

Rank I

Contributor III

Boyd TX
Hi...my name is Eric and I have a problem. I like to get away where my cellphone doesn't have coverage!

Currently we camp out of my 2wd Dodge truck.

But I am almost done with my Zomburban..1988 Suburban 5.3LS swapped, NV4500, NP241, on 1-tons and H1 tires and wheels. So once its back on the road it will only be a short time till the M1101 trailer will be ready to go with it.

We live in Boyd, TX.

My experience in over-landing is limited. I have experience off-roading and recovery, and camping but not so much all together
zomburban.jpg

DropMech

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Sorrentino
Service Branch
USCG
Hi from Florida! I don't currently have a rig, but I dream about this lifestyle all day. I'm currently looking for a vehicle and will probably be picking your brains for tips and tricks while looking. I'm really excited to be a member and learning from all of you!

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

KIMG1756.jpg KIMG1757.jpg KIMG1789.jpg

Hello OB members, I'm Daniel Diaz and I'm new to the overloading world.

1) Pics of rig - Currently transforming into a capable overland camp kitchen rig. I love to cook, so why not cook at amazing destinations?

2) Harlingen in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley), Texas.

3) 2017 Wrangler JKU Rubicon.

4) Novice - I'm here to watch, listen, and learn.

Cheers!!

Last edited:

Traveler I

Hello everyone!

I am new to the overland scene. I have experience with camping/hiking but none with just strictly overlanding, so I consider myself a novice for all intensive purposes.

1) Picture! Here are a few photos of my rig, pretty stock at the moment!

20170820_185833.jpg

20170820_185848.jpg

2) Location: Augusta, Georgia area

3) Rig: 2017 Chevy Colorado 2.8L Duramax Diesel.

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

Reactions: Roxxie

Dprochef

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Omaha, Nebraska
Member #

image.jpeg Hello all, David from Nebraska.

I've done several car camping trips but have always been a canoe camper ( BWCA, rivers, etc) . Just got a 2017 Sahara and now am reading to start some more serious car camping ( overlanding adventures). We are actually leaving next weekend for 10 days of wheeling and camping in Ouray, Colorado ( I will put that down as my first overland experience)

Thanks for the expected advise as I am fairly "Green" in the motorized camping area. ( as far as my rig goes)

tanner sheltry

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chickasha Oklahoma
Member #

Hey guys, my name is Tanner(if you couldn't tell by my user name). I currently drive a 94 jeep yj, it's not a super common overland vehicle but I like different and it's very capable Offroad. I'm from Chickasha Oklahoma. I've only been "overlanding" for a couple months now, haven't done much more than day trips because I'm still fixing and building my rig. I work as a professional mechanic, and I'm an amateur photographer. My dad has owned a wrecker service since I was about ten so I have a lot of experience with recovery. Looking forward to meeting some new people and doing some wheeling!IMG_0787.JPG IMG_0412.JPG

Kantarellen

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Östhammar Sweden
First Name
Johan
Last Name
Kanrell
Member #

Hello outlanders. My name is Johan and I'm from Sweden...
My rig is a ex Military truck, Volvo TGB 1313 -75, that I'm modifying right now to become a Overland / Expedition rig.

See u out there...:smiley:

Jay Boatright

Rank 0

Traveler I

jeep.jpg Hello from the NW,
Looking forward to learning and getting the rig out more. Have a 93 Wrangler 4.0 with 3.5" lift and 33's. I have not been out too much off road so I would consider myself a Novice. Kind of hard to take her out and play as I can't afford to break her. It's my daily driver............ :( . Need to get another rig and start setting up the Jeep for some much needed adventures.

Thanks for having me,
Jay

MAC-GEAR

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Florida

20170821_104627.jpg

Scott-M (MAC-GEAR)
Florida/South East
2004 F250 CCSB
For years more then 20 you can say I've been overlanding by foot, also have tons of off roading through Florida/North Carolina swamps, sand and woods looking forward to putting the two together and extending the range of my adventures. Have a deep passion for solitude the back country and being a gear head. If i can use my experience to help anyone just ask. My user name is the company I started because of my passion for adventure and for the love of the HAMMOCK.

Look forward to joining up with groups meets and rides whenever possible. Cheers!

Alex Valenzuela

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Shafter Ca
Member #

Hi Everyone, My name is Alex Valenzuela, I would consider my self a beginner, Got my rig a month ago, I grew up riding and racing quads, but find this new slow pace adrenaline really amazing (old age did that to me, lol). A love 4x4's, nature and the outdoors, and hope to meet some cool new people who share the passion.

Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport, all stock for now,
Experience: As mentioned above, grew up riding quads, not much on 4x4's,

Badmeat

Rank 0

Traveler I

Rig: 2013 4Runner SR5 - Falken Wildpeak 265's, Bilstein 5100's, 28" light bar, and Toytec 3" lift, Engo SR10S winch, hidden winch mount on order.
Experience: Beginner to overlanding, no stranger to on/off-road motorcycle & atv riding

(Pic is from first OL trip on the DBBB near RRG in Slade, KY)