UncleJesse

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Mirada, California
Member #

Hello to everybody
My name is UncleJesse aka Jesse Garza
I presently have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Off-road double cab white.
I previously had a 2004 Jeep Wrangler
Been into off-roading for a while and love the adventure, oh and stream fishing also. Got my ham radio license a year after getting my jeep. No more CB's for me.
I am from La Mirada,California.
Looking forward to this over landing lifestyle.

g-hammer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Central California
Member #

Another Hello from the Central Coast of CA!

My name is Guy and I like to Overland.
I grew up camping, exploring and off-roading but just recently learned the activity has a title, Overlanding!
My wife and our dog Bentley try and get out as often as possible and usually end up in the back hills of Central CA.
Overlandbound has been super helpful and I look forward to being a part of the community.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Last edited:

4Runn3r2651

Rank I

Contributor III

IMG_3794.JPG Hello everyone!

Grew up camping in the PacNW, and long to get out and get dirty once again.
Rig: 2015 T4R, Trail Ed., on 33"s and spacers.
Exp: I have no 'overlanding' experience, just a love for road trips and the outdoors. The head start I got from the USMC as far as living well on very little should benefit me here...(but I do love all the gear)!! Hope to connect with some like minded individuals here.

Urban Turtle

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greeting Everybody,

My Name is Eli. I live in New Hampshire and I drive a 98 Cherokee XJ. I'm new to overlanding but I have tons of experience camping and building. I'm hoping to get some inspiration here to continue my build and maybe get some local advice on places to visit20170812_124851.jpg .

iluvdrt

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Oceanside, Ca
Member #

desert6.jpg New guy here. I just registered so I don't have a number yet, but its on order. My name is Jason and I currently live in San Diego. I drive a highly modified 1982 Subaru Brat and have about 20 years Over Landing. My set up is pretty basic and I pack more spare parts than gear and accessories LOL. I have driven through 38 states now, and toured 5 countries. I am planning to cross the entire Mojave Desert this December, and who knows what from there. I am always trying to push my truck and myself to the limits. Looking forward to getting out, learning so stuff, and meeting everyone.

Reactions: HankinWI

DesertGoat

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello, Afternoon and howdy y'all,
Houston, Tx gets my taxes but my home and love is in West Texas. Texas Hill Country, West Texas, the Panhandle, New Mexico, Colorado and the Coastal Plains between N. Padre & Louisiana are where I'm knowledgeable and travel.

2011 Rubicon Unlimited, 6 spd Manaul. Includes factory lockers, sway disconnect, GPS and Hill Assist. Firstly, apologies for the business sign, not trying to advertise but it' best shot of my rig as is. Everything in the power train and suspension is stock @ 102k+ miles. At the moment there is a
1. Receiver basket rated to 300lb with a lawnmower ( usually on at all times
2. Kargo Master Congo Cage.
3. Kargo Master Safari Basket W/ expanded metal decking for walking stability and storage modification
3-a. 7 ft pole chain saw, weedeater, 20in Chainsaw, Gas powered hedge clippers, gravel rake and sharpshooter in the basket all held in place by ratchet straps &/or locking carabiners.
4. Two(2) five (5) gallon Jerry cans, DS marked for <2% oil/gas mix
5. LED Light bar on hood, diffused LED on front bumper, 2 LED in Rear bumper
6. Forget the name brand of matching bumpers but think it's MOPAR from 2010 catalog
7. WARN Winch ( forget the model but rated to 8k)
8. Limb Riser built from re-braiding 1/4in 370lb test cable & turn buckles. Re-braided the cable round itself 3x but added u-bolts and lock washers for support.
9. Metal Aft.Mrkt fenders, trimmed so the limb risers connect to the support post for OEM fender

I will drill and trim with anything from power tools to a cutting torch anywhere not structurally important, but would rather buy the proper supplies. So if you have any advice about storing air compressors/ secondary batteries/running wires in an invasive and labor intensive BUT better utility and look it's all welcome

Possessing an experience between 'I should know Better' and cooking bananas foster with cast iron three days into a canoe trip (very proud of that little gimmick, silly but whatever). Competent, patient, and cautious would adequately fit my MO. (5) Yearly multi stage conoe trips, (22 yrs) spot and stalk small game hunting, (12yrs) snake murdering (18 yrs) fly -bass- (6yrs) salt water- (2 yrs) shoreline shark fishing trips with weekend get aways between it all. Best prepared rig-wise for desert, timber and rocky terrain in dry to .25in/hr rain conditions. Fairly comfortable and knowledgeable of dress, water harvesting/saving, cooking, food handling and basic first aide in temps ~90 - 20's & 30's.

Brought here by a renewed vigor in overlanding and getting the proper set up put together, looking to purchase and complete (60%<) within the close of the year. Certainly new to Roof top tents & kitchen set ups so looking for anyone familiar with such endeavors in cold- high wind adventures ( to account for a Texas Blue Norther ( 10-40 mph winds & Gusts, 20-50 degree temp drops, increasing precipitation, lingering/pressing cold, flash freezes/frosting). Transitioning from Lawn care to rotational work (30 days on/15 days-off) in rural environments & turning around to camp/hunt/hike on part of the days off.IMG_3505 (1).JPG

If you can't do it right the first time where are you going to find the time to fix it?

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

View attachment 32064 New guy here. I just registered so I don't have a number yet, but its on order. My name is Jason and I currently live in San Diego. I drive a highly modified 1982 Subaru Brat and have about 20 years Over Landing. My set up is pretty basic and I pack more spare parts than gear and accessories LOL. I have driven through 38 states now, and toured 5 countries. I am planning to cross the entire Mojave Desert this December, and who knows what from there. I am always trying to push my truck and myself to the limits. Looking forward to getting out, learning so stuff, and meeting everyone.
Welcome! That's awesome you're using a Brat. I owned a Baja and an Impressa STI so I understand the love.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: iluvdrt
Hello All.....

Total Newb here, but thoroughly enjoy the outdoors and look forward to Overlanding getting me to more places to enjoy more time out and about.

-Retire Military (Army E8 / 11Z5V)
- Avid Fisherman and Camper, Hunt when I can
- Currently have 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and a 2002 Chevy Avalanche. Slowly making the Avalanche me "Dad" rig for getting around Northern WI. Will be adding to the Trailhawk for long distance (Offload) travel and camping
- Only experience has been recovery training learned in the Military and through current work program (Overseas Security Contractor for BIG Govt Agency), could use a good refresher.

Looking forward to participating in discussions, asking good (and bad) questions and learning along the way.

Reactions: Kklena808

Mark Dabrow

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wesley Chapel FL
Member #

Hello All,
Just recently joined the group and new to the jeep and over landing thing. Really looking forward to learning all about it. We drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited model. Just recently did a lift and upgraded the tires to 35's . Bumper and winch are next!

L3TT3RS

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello, Afternoon and howdy y'all,
Houston, Tx gets my taxes but my home and love is in West Texas. Texas Hill Country, West Texas, the Panhandle, New Mexico, Colorado and the Coastal Plains between N. Padre & Louisiana are where I'm knowledgeable and travel.

2011 Rubicon Unlimited, 6 spd Manaul. Includes factory lockers, sway disconnect, GPS and Hill Assist. Firstly, apologies for the business sign, not trying to advertise but it' best shot of my rig as is. Everything in the power train and suspension is stock @ 102k+ miles. At the moment there is a
1. Receiver basket rated to 300lb with a lawnmower ( usually on at all times
2. Kargo Master Congo Cage.
3. Kargo Master Safari Basket W/ expanded metal decking for walking stability and storage modification
3-a. 7 ft pole chain saw, weedeater, 20in Chainsaw, Gas powered hedge clippers, gravel rake and sharpshooter in the basket all held in place by ratchet straps &/or locking carabiners.
4. Two(2) five (5) gallon Jerry cans, DS marked for <2% oil/gas mix
5. LED Light bar on hood, diffused LED on front bumper, 2 LED in Rear bumper
6. Forget the name brand of matching bumpers but think it's MOPAR from 2010 catalog
7. WARN Winch ( forget the model but rated to 8k)
8. Limb Riser built from re-braiding 1/4in 370lb test cable & turn buckles. Re-braided the cable round itself 3x but added u-bolts and lock washers for support.
9. Metal Aft.Mrkt fenders, trimmed so the limb risers connect to the support post for OEM fender

I will drill and trim with anything from power tools to a cutting torch anywhere not structurally important, but would rather buy the proper supplies. So if you have any advice about storing air compressors/ secondary batteries/running wires in an invasive and labor intensive BUT better utility and look it's all welcome

Possessing an experience between 'I should know Better' and cooking bananas foster with cast iron three days into a canoe trip (very proud of that little gimmick, silly but whatever). Competent, patient, and cautious would adequately fit my MO. (5) Yearly multi stage conoe trips, (22 yrs) spot and stalk small game hunting, (12yrs) snake murdering (18 yrs) fly -bass- (6yrs) salt water- (2 yrs) shoreline shark fishing trips with weekend get aways between it all. Best prepared rig-wise for desert, timber and rocky terrain in dry to .25in/hr rain conditions. Fairly comfortable and knowledgeable of dress, water harvesting/saving, cooking, food handling and basic first aide in temps ~90 - 20's & 30's.

Brought here by a renewed vigor in overlanding and getting the proper set up put together, looking to purchase and complete (60%<) within the close of the year. Certainly new to Roof top tents & kitchen set ups so looking for anyone familiar with such endeavors in cold- high wind adventures ( to account for a Texas Blue Norther ( 10-40 mph winds & Gusts, 20-50 degree temp drops, increasing precipitation, lingering/pressing cold, flash freezes/frosting). Transitioning from Lawn care to rotational work (30 days on/15 days-off) in rural environments & turning around to camp/hunt/hike on part of the days off.View attachment 32063
That's a heck of a set up for lawn care lol. I pull my tandem axle landscaping trailer behind my Tacoma and often times wish I had a way to carry all the stuff on just the truck.

DesertGoat

Rank 0

Traveler I

That's a heck of a set up for lawn care lol. I pull my tandem axle landscaping trailer behind my Tacoma and often times wish I had a way to carry all the stuff on just the truck.
Thanks, it has been a lot of fun and come in handy, especially trimming tree lines and hedgerows or pulling dead material down with the wench. Just hop up top and away we go. The vehicle handles everything just fine and the security mounts haven't allow anything to blow off, and if they are still there I guess no one could steal what they tried too. Missing in the photograph is my leaf blower, and typically I always have the chainsaw and leaf blower handy- starting a fire or cleaning out leaves and critters for camp becomes a much simpler jobs with 150+ mph wind tunnel in your hand. But as much of a kick I get scooting around Houston in it I'm finding it's no more efficient than a trailer. For some reason I just can't get behind throwing bags of grass clippings in my boot lol.

Kyle Duffy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello everyone. Newbie here out in Eastern NC. Just bought a 17 Taco a few months ago and I wanna get out there and have some fun in the state before I leave next year. Saw this site/forum and looks like a good group of people. If anyone lives in the area definitely hit me up for some trips. I'll be heading out near the OBX one of these days for some riding.

Attachments

Reactions: JK_Dave and murps

jetech

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Plymouth, CT, USA
First Name
Hitower
Last Name
F
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders! Just found this forum and am super stoked to learn from everybody!

Current rigs: 1986 Toyota 4Runner (in photo) and 2000 Toyota 4Runner

I have been enjoying off-road and backcountry camping for several years but have always done light trips. I am currently building up my 1st Gen to be my overland rig and never quit adding. Thanks for adding me into your group!
Welcome [emoji1360][emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Hello everyone. Newbie here out in Eastern NC. Just bought a 17 Taco a few months ago and I wanna get out there and have some fun in the state before I leave next year. Saw this site/forum and looks like a good group of people. If anyone lives in the area definitely hit me up for some trips. I'll be heading out near the OBX one of these days for some riding.
beautiful rig! Excited to see it evolve

Chewbacca

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Logan, UT
Member #

New member here, located in Logan, UT. Chewbacca is my overlanding rig, a gold Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ with UT license plate "CHEWBCA" and a vinyl bandoleer on the hood. I am still new to trucks, but no stranger to the garage. Our family loves going on camping adventures and National Park road trips. Chewbacca is mildly lifted approx 3" on OME HD springs with Bilstein shocks

turtlesoup

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself... I'm Adam, and I'm from Pasadena, CA, at the foot of the Angeles Mountains.

I just upgraded to a 2017 4runner TRD Off Road Premium, which is still sock at the moment. It's taking over for my 1989 4runner, which was extensively overlanded by the previous owner, and just a little bit by me.

I've done some offroading and minor overlanding here and there but I'm most definitely a novice.

I've been watching the youtube videos as well as Expedition Overland and Mountain State Overland and getting really psyched to do some bigger trips.

Here's the new one, on the day we drove it off the lot:

And here's the old one, which is currently sitting in my in-laws' driveway waiting for me to figure out what to do with it:

OverlandGF8

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, Arizona
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Sauber
Member #

Good morning ladies and gentleman! My name is Jon, overland bound member 6846!

Tomorrow morning at 5am I am leaving Phoenix, Arizona to embark on a 4 day adventure in Utah. 8/18 will be valley of the gods
8/19 is moab and la sal mountains
8/20 is alstrom point at glen canyon

I will have a lot of pictures and video to my Instagram and I will be doing a live feed on Instagram at the campsite Saturday at 13,500
Follow me if you're interested @OverlandGF8

Attachments