Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

WenatcheeSkier

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Wenatchee Washington
Member #

Hey all, Glad I found this place. Starting my Overland/Daily build.

From in the Middle of the Cascade Mountains in Washington State

I have Zero Zip Zilch Nadda Overland experience
In the past I had a very built toyota pickup with 5.29's F/R Locked, 2 t-cases 38's blah blah blah. Now I'm a family man....Enter the 4runner.
20170610_113852_1497146152492.jpg
Here is how she sits now.
1998 Toyota 4runner Limited
3.4L V6 166k miles
Stock Gears
Factory E-Locker
Old Man Emu 3" lift Coils Front and rear
Bilstein Shocks
285/75/16 BFG AT KO2's on Pro Comp Black Alloys

Last edited:

restinpiss

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Escondido, CA
Member #

1993 FZJ80 As It Sits Now.

Current MODS & Gear:

ARB AIR Lockers F/R
2x ARB HP Compressor Front & On Board Air Rear
Nitro 4.88 R&P Gears
AVM Hubs & Slee Part Time Kit
Factory Locker, Compressor & CLD Switches
3.5" Autocraft Slinky Long Travel Coils
Autocraft Icon 2.0 12" Shocks
ARB Steering Stabilizer
Slee Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms
Slee Front Panhard Bar
Slee Rear Panhard Bar
Slee Drag Link
Slee Tie Rod
Slee Caster plates
Slee Front Swaybar Drop
Slee Rear Bumpstop Extesion
60 Series rear Bumpstops
Redline Land Cruisers Rear Swaybar Drop
Redline Land Cruisers 8 Degree Front Lower Arm Bushings
Custom Front DC Drive Shaft OEM Parts
Custom Rear Drive Shaft OEM Parts
Slee Short Bus Front Bumper
ComeUp Winch Seal Gen2 9.5RS
4x4Labs Rear Bumper
4x4Labs Rear Tire Carrier
4x4Labs Lader w/ Hi-Lift &3 Jerry Carrier
5x 16x8.5 Level8 Tracker Pro Wheels
5x 315/75R16 BFG KO2 Tires
Slee 7pc Stainless Brake Lines
DBA T3 Front Rotors w/ OEM Pads
Powerstop Truck Extreme Rear Rotors & Pads
2x Oddessy 34 pc-1500 Battery
Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery System w/ Rear Power Station
Slee Dual Battery Tray & Washer Relocation
ARB Diff Breather Kit
Hi-lift Extreme
CVT MT Shasta Extended w/ Annex RTT
Indel-B 51L Freezer / Fridge
Ipad Mini (Navigation) w/ Mount
Kenwood DDX774BH Head Unit
Front & Rear Fire Extinguishers

Coming MODS & Gear

Speakers
Longerange Automotive Aux Fuel Tank 25gal
Roof Rack (Gamiviti or Gobi)
Icom 5100
Mini CB
Light Force Lights
Camp Lights
Custom Drawer System
Engine Refresh (Diesel Swap in November)
Rock Sliders

Little background on this Land Cruiser. I have been searching for a very clean 80 series Land Cruiser for about two years. They have been my dream car since they first came out after I was out of High School. Really never thought I would own one. I found this 1993 with 224,810 miles in Sacramento listed on Ebay 3/18/17. It was everything I was looking for Color and Spec. It was a one owner with full history and all the document to back it. Seller babied it and it was garaged all its life. Pristine original paint with just a few front rock chips showed this to be true. Had seller send me 30 mins of video of every inch of the truck. He told me it was leaking oil but not burning it. He had it checked and was told it was the main seal but very slow leak and should be fine just check the oil every tank of gas. Only MOD I could see was a OME 2.5 Med lift with Slee drag link and tie rod. He put in brand new 297/70R16 BFG KO2 a week before listing it. He also said he had the birfs rebuilt with a Slee full kit a year before when he had the lift installed. Could tell the guy cared because the battery died before I got there and he put in a Interstate not some cheep piece of crap he could have. Made a deal at $9500 and bought a ticket to fly out to California on 4/7/17. Longest two weeks ever!

Ebay PIC's

I little info about me. I was raised here in Colorado. I have always been into anything outdoors hunting, fishing and camping since I was little. I started working at a local hunting & fishing mom and pop when I was 8 years old and I am now employed by JAX Outdoor Gear in Broomfield as their Hunt, Fish & Military Manager. I really got the overlanding bug fifteen years ago and it has become my Wife and I's favorite pass time. We started with a 04 Taco and have grown since then. We now have two built Tacos and use them as our daily drivers. The Land Cruiser will now be our main rig and stay packed and ready to go. It will live in our garage and be used only for overlanding. This should cut down on some of the were and tear.

Some PICs of our current rigs

that fzj is what dreams are made of haha

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
IMG_0116.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0091.JPG Hello from Walla Walla WA... We are Butch and Kathy or Chetta58 if u prefer. We just sold our 2004 Rubicon that was, well, done... as sad as I was to see it go and to start over with a 2009 JKU Rubi. We needed room for the Grandkids AND gear. So, add one Jumping Jack trailer to carry most of the gear and to sleep in, build galley in the back of the jeep, and off we go again. We've done the WA backcountry Discovery Route, Moab treck, and a 2.5 week minimalist jaunt from Portland Oregon to the Mexican border in a Miata camping excursion in the last three years. Back country travel doesn't have to be off-road, imho, just off the beaten path where peace and solitude are plentiful. Having said that, I definitely prefer the off road. Add in many 2-3-4 day trip into the Blue Mountains and a lot of day tripping and I don't know what that makes us, novice or? What it does make us is lovers of the outdoors that are passionate about being out there. Our next trip is the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route in 2 weeks or when the snow is out of Route 5's 8200 feet peaks/ridges... the jk pic is the day I bought it. Will post now pics later. Miss my 2 door but it really was a rock crawler that became an OL rig as we got more into this side of things...

Last edited:

metanight.trd

Rank 0

Traveler I

Maple Ridge BC
Member #

#3828 checking in from west coast of british columbia.

New to the overlanding hobby and a bit of a novice when it comes to getting off the pavement.

I live by the tread lightly motto

Current vehicle is my 2017 toyota 4runner trd off road edition with the kdss suspention. Havent started my build yet as family life has taken a new direction. New to overlanding and going to be new to this whole "Dad"thing near the end of this year.

Looking forward to reading and maybe meeting out on the trails

Cheers

Trevor

20170426_170956.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Tinker and Bushcoat

Notedhillbilly

Rank III

Advocate II

#3828 checking in from west coast of british columbia.

New to the overlanding hobby and a bit of a novice when it comes to getting off the pavement.

I live by the tread lightly motto

Current vehicle is my 2017 toyota 4runner trd off road edition with the kdss suspention. Havent started my build yet as family life has taken a new direction. New to overlanding and going to be new to this whole "Dad"thing near the end of this year.

Looking forward to reading and maybe meeting out on the trails

Cheers

Trevor

View attachment 26558
I have three little overlanders, and am grateful that I get to be a dad. It is scary at first. There are many changes that you will have to get used to. It is a lot of work with few breaks, but there are few greater rewards than the love, affection, and respect of our kids. Happy first father's day to you and welcome to the club. It's a blast.

Turbo Diesel YJ

Bulldoug

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Canadian Rockies, 'Berta, Canada
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Broich
Hey guys, just signed up. Looking forward to learning and helping other with my past experiences.

2) Regina Sk currently. Lived in Banff AB for 13 years after being born and raised in Vancouver BC
3) '16 Tacoma with already too much money invested in it... haha
4) Grew up Van camping western North America. Lots of wheeling n camping in my 20s. Now building a great long distance, light wheeling and simplified camping rig.

Truck1.jpg TruckwTopper.jpg

RedSoxRobbe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chesapeake, VA
Member #

Howdy from the East Coast!

VERY new to overlanding. Came by the movement when I sent a picture of my rig to a friend, and he said "are you overlanding now?" Overlanding huh? After a few Google searches and some youTube video's... I had no idea. I'm in! Where has this been all my life!

Living by the "I am Groot" motto, in a 2011 Tacoma TRD. Nothing on it yet, but buying a Leitner ACS Rack soon to support a Tepiu.

Can't wait to pull down knowledge from OB, and jump head first into this life.

Robbe

Attachments

Reactions: Notedhillbilly