Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Greetings! Glad I found this place. I am an old hand at rough off road driving for the purpose of hunting. Since my truck is set up I want to see what non-hunting trips we can do with the family.

So my name is Ron, I am retired law enforcement. Located near Phx, AZ. (Surprise AZ to be exact)

My rig is in Texas right now getting a full rebuild. Hoping to have it back in about three weeks.

My ride is a 02 Ford Excursion 7.3 Power Stroke. 4" BDS lift. Fox twin tube w/remote suspension. Dana 60 axles with Timkin hubs. Front and rear ARB Air Lockers with ARB Twin Compressor. Newly rebuilt and regeared transfer case. Custom Desert Tan body color. Road Armor Lonestar bumper. 52" light bar on roof, 20" light bar on bumper. Custom head lights, driving lights and fog lights from PIAA. More lighting will go on when I build the roof rack and exo cage. 12,000 lb Warn winch. 35" Nitto Trail Grappler tires on 17" Rockstar III wheels.

Look forward to some time in the dirt.

Westsroadshow

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

West, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello From San Antonio. Olive is a 2013 JKU I took her 350 miles right off the dealer lot
into the Arizona back country Crown King, Sedona, Cornville, and Prescott next we toured the Grand Canyon. We're here in San Antonio for a few years then back to the Great State of Arizona. Been wheelin since I could reach the peddles, we started carving trails and setting round bails as stop signs. our first field car was a Chevy Vega with a 350 4 speed. We cut down a bunch of trees to get that Vega through the woods. We started driving it with a chunk of wood on the floor pan till we found a seat that would work. I look forward to calling a rally while here. Do reach out we would love to meet you. OB#5714

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

Trailfrog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cave Springs, Arkansas
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Putt
Member #

Hi, new member from NW Arkansas. I sold my 2008 JKU last fall that I purchased new in 2007 and bought this 2013 AEV JKUR with the JK350 package and a few other mods I've added including the Ursa Minor J30 top I had on my 08. I started out building my 08 for rock crawling but switched my build plans in 2011 when I went on a 3 day overlanding style trip through the Ozark National Forest.

17097979_10209094693552472_3277747436371817685_o.jpg

OwenR4968

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glendale, AZ
Member #

Greetings! Glad I found this place. I am an old hand at rough off road driving for the purpose of hunting. Since my truck is set up I want to see what non-hunting trips we can do with the family.

So my name is Ron, I am retired law enforcement. Located near Phx, AZ. (Surprise AZ to be exact)

My rig is in Texas right now getting a full rebuild. Hoping to have it back in about three weeks.

My ride is a 02 Ford Excursion 7.3 Power Stroke. 4" BDS lift. Fox twin tube w/remote suspension. Dana 60 axles with Timkin hubs. Front and rear ARB Air Lockers with ARB Twin Compressor. Newly rebuilt and regeared transfer case. Custom Desert Tan body color. Road Armor Lonestar bumper. 52" light bar on roof, 20" light bar on bumper. Custom head lights, driving lights and fog lights from PIAA. More lighting will go on when I build the roof rack and exo cage. 12,000 lb Warn winch. 35" Nitto Trail Grappler tires on 17" Rockstar III wheels.

Look forward to some time in the dirt.
If you need an adventure partner, I'm right down the street at Luke, welcome!

bigchrisz

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Newbury Park, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Zecca
Member #

Hi All,

I'm a new member, I want to keep this new member thread going with another Tacoma!

I'm in Southern California, I try to go off road whenever I can.
I have a new 2016 Toyota Tacoma that is a work in progress, always something new for the list of things I want to do.

This is the new Front Runner Outfitters roof rack I just installed last week:

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Hi, new member from NW Arkansas. I sold my 2008 JKU last fall that I purchased new in 2007 and bought this 2013 AEV JKUR with the JK350 package and a few other mods I've added including the Ursa Minor J30 top I had on my 08. I started out building my 08 for rock crawling but switched my build plans in 2011 when I went on a 3 day overlanding style trip through the Ozark National Forest.

View attachment 26110
Welcome! Love your Jeep, Looks a lot like mine. the wheeling in Arkansas is great. I spent a couple days at the Superlift ORV Park. Traveled to many of the state parks: Loved the falls at Petit Jean, Lake Auchita was great, etc...

Spectre FE

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clovis, NM, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Whitehead
Member #

Checking in
New member from Florida.
Rig: 2016 Wrangler Sport
OB# awaiting number

I go by Mike. This is my first foray into the world of overlanding, I bought this jeep new 6 months ago and haven't left it alone since. I have mainly been camping and off-roading around the pan handle with it and have so far really only tailored it to that. I am planning on getting an off-road trailer in the near future to carry the majority of the gear req for longer overland trips. Currently I have been limited by my job's time constraints as to the trips I can go on, but am planning for my retirement in a couple of years to use this rig for true cross country adventures.

Last edited:

Trailfrog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cave Springs, Arkansas
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Putt
Member #

Welcome! Love your Jeep, Looks a lot like mine. the wheeling in Arkansas is great. I spent a couple days at the Superlift ORV Park. Traveled to many of the state parks: Loved the falls at Petit Jean, Lake Auchita was great, etc...
Thanks, I love the commando green color. Next time you're in Arkansas be sure and plan a trip through the Ozarks. Check out Rendezvous in the Ozarks in the fall.

himala k

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yorba Linda, California
Member #

Hi!!
My name is himala. So excited to be a part of this community. I live in Orange County , California. I love The outdoors and was so excited to hear about overland bound. I have a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser. I am a novice but I'm currently trying to build my rig so looking forward to the input that you all may have.

Attachments

Traveler I

Howdy!
I'm new to OB. I have been visiting the forums here for a while just never joined.

"Rig": Stock Subaru outback (for now, big dreams)
Experience: Came up 4x4'ing with my father, new to Overlanding but love it. Within the last year my wife and I have visited the Rockies, Great Sand Dunes, Big bend and Ouachita National parks/forests. Hitting All OHV/ high clearance roads involved.... Black Gap Road stole my heart. We have a summer trip planned for the Davis mountain and Guadalupe Mountains. Basically if most people wont go there and there is a slight chance of a good view I want to see it!

I would love to meet new people(dog loving people) to wheel with.

Reactions: finlayforprez

XJ.Overland

Rank 0

Contributor I

Greetings from Tennessee!

I just started to get into the Overland community in general, and more specifically OB. I figured I'd go ahead and follow standard procedure and introduce myself. I frequented the forums and a whole lot of YouTube channels a while back which first peaked my interest and after a long time with my old XJ down, I finally have her back up and running again!

Rig: (Using the term "rig" loosely here, as I've just started building) 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Experience: A fair bit of outdoor experience (segment hiking on the Appalachian Trail, backpacking, canoeing, former Philmont Scout Ranch staff, and avid fly fisherman) but very new to overlanding and actually camping out of a vehicle.

Here she is (please excuse the IG filters, I wasn't the one who took the pictures)

1497428519671.jpg

beep beep.PNG

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello folks. I'm in West Central Louisiana, about 2 hours south of Shreveport. I own a 2014 4Runner Trail edition, and have been slowly evolving it over the last 3 years. Most of my experience has been trail riding in closed parks because we just don't have a lot of public land available in this part of the country. I do want to get into more overlanding type weekends and would be interested in meeting other members in this area. I am looking at a possible trip to Big Bend Texas either this fall or next spring with some friends from a regional club. I have been ground tent camping since 2014, but recently purchased a Tepui Ayer at the 2017 Lone Star Toyota Jamboree, and just finally got it installed this week. I found this group while searching for feedback and reviews of the tent. Don't laugh too hard at the picture. I opened it up yesterday at work to show it off to my coworkers. And I snuck in a nap during lunch. View attachment 25938
This is one beautiful 4Runner! Well done!

Reactions: 3wbdriver

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Greetings from Tennessee!

I just started to get into the Overland community in general, and more specifically OB. I figured I'd go ahead and follow standard procedure and introduce myself. I frequented the forums and a whole lot of YouTube channels a while back which first peaked my interest and after a long time with my old XJ down, I finally have her back up and running again!

Rig: (Using the term "rig" loosely here, as I've just started building) 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Experience: A fair bit of outdoor experience (segment hiking on the Appalachian Trail, backpacking, canoeing, former Philmont Scout Ranch staff, and avid fly fisherman) but very new to overlanding and actually camping out of a vehicle.

Here she is (please excuse the IG filters, I wasn't the one who took the pictures)

View attachment 26230

View attachment 26231
Welcome!! Nice XJ!

17ProRunner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mississippi
Member #

Well,I know this was a hard choice but due to what I'm replacing the jeep with, no regrets here..[emoji41]
Now jus time to spend some of that green stuff and get some necessities for the pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: bigchrisz