• HTML tutorial

amansairforce

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Hello everyone!
Alex and Jess here new member #5560. Homebase is San Antonio for the time being. Definitely novice overlanders but very experienced campers, backpackers, etc all across the USA. Recently decided to enter the Cruiser Cult and bought an 04 Landcruiser 100 series. Definitely not being built up in the traditional order as I've been sniping deals when I see them. We've only been on two big trips in the two months since I got the rig up to speed. Those two trips however have been amazing. 4200 milesTX-VA-TX found two great puppies in AL, crashed/recovered a drone in a canyon, spent a windy night on Padre Island, TX, and had a fun night at Virginia Tech in a parking lot after going downtown. The experience has been great and we are looking forward to more exciting adventures.

Trail_Blazer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kenney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6KYQ
Hello folks! Glad to be part of the community. My wife, Tracy, and I have been Overlanding for 10 years. My first Jeep, not counting the military vehicles in my past, was a 1992 Jeep Cherokee that I ran for over 200K miles. Since then I moved into the Wranglers and currently drive a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. This has been a work in progress and I see the light at the end of the tunnel, although, it is probably a train. Being a Jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket) I expect more upgrades in the future.

I live in the Reno, NV, area and there are hundreds of trails and places to go. Nevada is a huge desert with hundreds of ghost towns, mostly abandoned mining towns, and historical locations, like the pony express trail. But I'm also fortunate enough to have the Sierra Nevada as my back yard.

Tracy and I are planning some longer runs, such as our trip to Alaska, and the Canadian to Mexican border run, and we are always looking for people to wheel with us along the way. I am a very experienced back country adventurer and I love to share my knowledge and experiences. Unfortunately, I haven't hit the lottery yet (Got the winning ticket right here!), so we are limited to weekends (have to work to feed the beast), and long weekends. But if anyone is running up by northern Nevada, give me a shout.

I don't have any pictures of the rig with everything on it for a trip, but will shortly. I learned a lot, and spent a lot, so I expect to share those experiences to save others from making the same mistakes I made and wasting Dollars. Next weekend, I'm relocating some electronics in the Jeep and plan to share experiences and pictures on the forum.

Hope to see you on the trail!

Adam Holloway

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Hello everyone. OB4821 here. Currently have a '99 Tahoe but looking to get something a little newer and narrower this summer.
I am from OC, Aliso Viejo, and try to get out at least once a month or as much as I can if time and life allow.
Looking forward to some trips with everyone in the future.

skotsour

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northwest Indiana
Member #

Hey there,
I'm originally from Chicago and now currently live in Northwest Indiana. I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport with a mild lift and 34x10.5x17 BF Goodrich KO2. I've been offroading, camping, and hiking most of my life but really want to get into overlanding.
I'm hoping to get one of the Jeep Wrangler pickups when they come out but also very interested in the new Ford Bronco as long as it isn't a huge disappointment.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Thomas Fuller

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Calgary, Alberta
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Fuller
Member #

Howdy!!
New member here
Name is Thomas, live in Calgary Alberta
Rig is a ....work in progress haha, pic is a bit old as there are no longer decals on it and the brush guard has been removed to be re sprayrd. 2011 Sierra 1500 4x4, experience with anything off of the pavement would be in the novice category for sure, have seldom taken the Sierra off the road but can't wait to get it out!!

Attachments

jasond_t4r

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New member from San Diego, CA
Just bought a 2017 4runner a few months ago and looking to meet and explore with people. I am new to overlanding and it is quickly becoming my new hobby. I was in a very serious motorcycle accident last August and ridding was my primary hobby but ever since the accident I have gave up motorcycles and starting to get into overlanding.

IG- jasond_t4r

Tacomaless

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kansas City, MO, USA
Member #

Hey all,

Austin here. New to the forum, not new to Overlandbound (member #0431). Just trying to get my profile rolling on here! I kept running into the issue of not being able to post links (IG, Flickr, TW, etc)... didn't read the MASSIVE banner at the top stating you need to contribute three posts before being able to do so, so here we go!

Kane Creek, May 2017
upload_2017-5-30_10-11-24.jpeg

I'm located in Golden, CO and currently get around in my 2001 Tacoma.
I've done quite a bit of work to it over the last couple of years.

Major mods include:
Front/Rear bumpers
IFS/Trans skids
Tubbed firewall
315s
5.29s
New trans
...many, many others!

My off road experience is extensive. I grew up racing moto/enduro (B moto rider (locally), A enduro (RMEC). Sold the bike when I went to college and picked up the Tacoma a few years ago.

Last edited:

Mmagnani

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Palm Desert, CA
Member #

Howdy,

I'm Mike living out in Palm Desert, CA
I'm riding in a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited that I picked up in February of 2017. My adventure starts there, but I feel very comfortable outdoors and with vehicles. I have taken a couple trips already and cannot wait for the next one. I love learning the process!
Glad to be here

Attachments

Doug595

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Colonie, New York
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Sippel
Member #

Hello Everyone in the Overland Bound Community.

New Member: Doug
From Colonie, New York - In the Hudson Valley at the base of the Adirondacks Mountains
Rig: 2017 Toyota 4 Runner TRD Off Road Premium
Experience: Novice. Have had an interest in exploring and off road but not the time to do it. Making the time now to explore this world. Always have enjoyed the outdoors.

Hope to meet other members in the area and learn from others with more experience.

David_S

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Mirada, CA
Member #

Hi everyone,
New member from La Mirada CA (About 20 min from Disneyland). I have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition, stock except for a Gobi Rack/Ladder (Not pictured) and a tire swap to Cooper Discoverer A/T3 in the stock size. Picture is from my first trip with her, Crazy Jug Point in AZ, thanksgiving 2015! I also camped and rode at Gooseberry Mesa, near Hurricane UT on the way out (hence the mountain bike (Canfield Bros Yelli Screamy for the MTBers on here). Overlanding wise, I guess I'm technically a novice, but have a base of dirt/gravel experience due to my mountain biking and camping experience. I also have a pair of German Shepherds that'll probably pop up in some future posts/pics.
Cheers.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hi I am Tom from Exeter, Devon in the UK.

Ive become a member since mmeting everyone at the overland Expo in Flagstaff the other day where i then travelled with some friends up to Moab ending in Denver

I own a Landcruiser hdj80 which ive been kitting out for long range travel always ongoing. I ve traveld through europe lots in her, I really love eastern europe especially Romania, Serbia and Bosnia, Ive also recently returned from a trip to Morocco.

I havent had the truck that long but the dream is to drive down the West coast of Africa combining overlanding and surfing whilst trying my hardest not to get shot.

All the best and look forward to the forum and what seems to be a great community

TomView attachment 24345 View attachment 24346 View attachment 24347 View attachment 24348
hey Tom,

welcome from the most Southern UK member (currently). I'm not too far away from you here in sunny Plymouth

Brad Mellon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

IMG_9882.JPG Well, let me introduce myself ! Brand new member - don't even have my member number yet !
1) Picture is attached ! (I hope)
2) California's Imperial Valley. El Centro to be precise
3) wife and I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. This is our 3rd 'Taco' but the first one that is 4x4. We have enjoyed several Jeep Wranglers over the years but I was smitten in 2007 when we got our first Tacoma. I am a retired law enforcement officer (military - local police - federal agent) and I am 'theming' the truck in a 'Thin Blue Line' motif as an overt show of support to those that are still working the line.
4) Overland Experience ! - nowhere near as good as my travel stories would lead you to believe I have owned several good 4x4's over the years and without question they were all far more capable than I was. If I were honest I'd have to grade myself somewhere between 'Experienced Novice' and 'Just good enough to get myself into trouble'