Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello thank you for having me. My name is Michelle I am from Nebraska. I currently have a 2018 Jeep Renegade trailhawk this is my first trail rated vehicle. and this year was my first experience doing any type of overland adventures(outside of the military) my family and I are hooked. We are currently researching Overland Basecamp style trailers. I am just hoping to get as much knowledge and information as possible. We hope the gain tons of experience, That way when we retire we can go wherever we want.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I am David from Pittsburgh. I enjoy my time outdoors camping, kayaking, and biking. Most of my exploring has been on two wheels. I recently picked up an FJ Cruiser ( my previous ride was an Isuzu Rodeo ), and now I am looking forward to new adventures.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: beatnic

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Sam
I'm from West Texas
My Rig: 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax Diesel
This is my first overland build but have been camping my entire life
View attachment 108622

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone my name is Robert aka DoggMan1163 I drive a 2018 Tacoma TRD sport I have been in camping and over landing for many years I deliver oil field equipment and power poles all over the U.S. mainly use a simi truck but I do more offroad in it then my personal truck am always camping in it been in some really sketchy places with it so I do consider it as a Overland rig View attachment 108594View attachment 108592View attachment 108593these were taken in Vermont getting there is only half the adventure View attachment 108595View attachment 108596View attachment 108597

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m Dave, i am currently saving up for my first rig, but a fellow overland bound member and I are planning a trip very soon. I’m located in Kentucky.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to all,
No current pictures of my ride
Main vehicle is a 1968 jeep m725, that I just rebuilt. Swapped in a sbc and over drive, rebuilt both diffs with lockers.
Done alot of tent camping since i was young then in the Army and now for fun.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, Im not quite sure what to say about myself I just found out about Overlanding and find it fascinating.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for allowing me to join. I’m in Orlando, fla.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB,

I have finally joined the Overland Bound community, after years of following Michael on YouTube and thinking to myself "This looks awesome, I want to get into that!". I have always loved camping and enjoying outdoors, especially those places that are more off the beaten path and Overlanding seemed to be the perfect way to further that interest. So, a little while back I was looking for a new daily driver and decided to get something that would help me out with this, and I purchased a used 2004 4Runner. Currently the 4Runner is all stock, except for the stereo which I upgraded to something that was wireless Android Auto and CarPlay compatible (It would be awesome if they get Gaia GPS working on both of thes!). I am currently in Alamogordo, NM, which is about 90 minutes north of El Paso, TX. The area here is awesome, we have a good variety of terrains and habitats close by. The immediate area is all desert, with the usual desert stuff, and a large rock-crawling community. But only about 30 minutes outside of town is Lincoln National Forest in the nearby Sacramento Mountains. The scenery there is amazing, with small streams and plenty of forest roads/trails to explore. To get an idea of what it looks like, just look for pictures of Ruidosio or Cloudcroft, NM on Google. While I don't have any pictures of the 4Runner just yet, I will get some and post them up here soon. I am not an experienced Overlander just yet, my wife and I get out fairly often (especially now that we have the 4Runner) and explore what New Mexico has to offer!

I am thinking of starting my own YouTube channel, documenting the build of the 4Runner and showcasing the ability to jump into Overlanding with a stock vehicle, and progressing to a more off-road/rugged terrain capable build. I have made videos in the past and know the time investment that goes into editing and producing the content.

Let me know if any of you are near my area and want to plan a trip or meetup for the local area!

P.S. - I really like the idea of Trail Guardian cleanup events. Few things annoy (to put it lightly) me more than people leaving their trash out in the wilderness, or along side a road. Is it REALLY that hard to cleanup after yourself? Try leaving things in better condition that when you arrived!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Rick Louie

Rank V

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Louie
Member #

Hi! My name is Rick. Just recently joined the Overland Bound Community and actually joined a recent Rally Point Event. I'm here in the Denver area and building out a 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited. I've done a few 3-4 day trips, but hope to get one in for a week or longer. I've recently installed a Group 27 battery, power to the rear and Dometic Fridge so hoping that will allow me to extend my stays in the back country.

Here are a few recent images of my 4Runner.

Chadg

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pahrump, NV
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Glasgow
I'm Chad and I have some experience overlanding, offroading, and camping. I was brought up around all the above my entire life, but now I have my own Jeep, and I'm diving right in....my wallet. Adding gear "SECURELY" in a 2dr has been a fun challenge. Just me and the dog, it works great.
Thanks for having me, I have checked this forum several times through searches, so I figured I'd join.
2014 Jeep JK (2dr) Rubicon
Pahrump NV
Overlanding experience from military

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hello thank you for having me. My name is Michelle I am from Nebraska. I currently have a 2018 Jeep Renegade trailhawk this is my first trail rated vehicle. and this year was my first experience doing any type of overland adventures(outside of the military) my family and I are hooked. We are currently researching Overland Basecamp style trailers. I am just hoping to get as much knowledge and information as possible. We hope the gain tons of experience, That way when we retire we can go wherever we want.
Welcome from NC!

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hello, I'm new to Overlanding and I drive a 2006 diesel JEEP KJ. The only things I've upgraded on it are skid plates and recovery hooks, otherwise it's stock. I'm located out of the Salt Lake City area and have run many local trails (ground clearance permitting). My little diesel has proven itself a neat and economical touring rig and I plan many adventures to come.
Welcome from NC.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

I'm Chad and I have some experience overlanding, offroading, and camping. I was brought up around all the above my entire life, but now I have my own Jeep, and I'm diving right in....my wallet. Adding gear "SECURELY" in a 2dr has been a fun challenge. Just me and the dog, it works great.
Thanks for having me, I have checked this forum several times through searches, so I figured I'd join.
2014 Jeep JK (2dr) Rubicon
Pahrump NV
Overlanding experience from military
Welcome from NC.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hi! My name is Rick. Just recently joined the Overland Bound Community and actually joined a recent Rally Point Event. I'm here in the Denver area and building out a 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited. I've done a few 3-4 day trips, but hope to get one in for a week or longer. I've recently installed a Group 27 battery, power to the rear and Dometic Fridge so hoping that will allow me to extend my stays in the back country.

Here are a few recent images of my 4Runner.

Welcome from NC. Awesome rig and love your pictures!

Reactions: Rick Louie