Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey everyone!

I’m Brian i am a new owner of a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I’m a novice to off-roading and overlanding. I’m in the northern part of Utah and I’ve been going up every Sunday to the Uinta’s exploring. If anyone in the area ever wants to meet up for any fun trips I’m totally in! Thanks all! View attachment 107750
Welcome to Overland Bound. We are happy to have you in our region. We have some fun things planned in Utah and a monthly meet up in Bountiful. Keep an eye on the Rally Points Home - Overland Bound
/event/?region=46
Check out our region on the forums. U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello.
I am a Romanian living in Belgium at the moment, and below you have a pic of my rig, a 2009 Landcruiser J120 Prado, what is known in the US as a Lexus GX 470. It is a 3L diesel , automatic.
First pic is in the Romania, on some mountain trails. Second is in Portugal, I did an off-road tour of Portugal, about 1200 kmm off road.
View attachment 1079051View attachment 1079062
In Europe Prado's are very popular, I think in the US is a very underestimated vehicle.
It is pretty much stock ( I want to keep it reliable, since I will plan trips in some pretty remote places and I travel mostly alone, meaning with my family ( wife and 12 year old kid ) but no other vehicles that could assist.
More details in a post I will make about my build.
So far I did an off road tour of the Pyrenees mountains, from Mediterana to Atlantic, following the mountain trails , and Portugal, plus many short trips in Belgium and France.
In 2 days I am leaving for 1 month trip to North Macedonia and Albania, next year will be either Georgia or Morocco, I haven't decided yet.
If you need any kind of assistance in Belgium ( it is a very small country ) or around in Netherlands or France don't hesitate to contact me.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all I'm new to the forum but not new to wheeling. I have 2007 Dodge Power Wagon with a few extra goodies here and there. I'm located in Greenville NC. Looking to fine some good spots to stretch the ole girls legs around NC.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. I cant believe I have been dabbling in Overlanding for a few years and have just now found this group.

I'm Derrick and live in San Antonio Texas. I am running a 2015 JKU Rubicon and a home built trailer running my original rubi tires on it for added clearance.

Even though I have been camping my whole life and overlanding for a few years, (Like once a year, lol) I would still put myself in the beginner stages of it all.

I look forward to connecting with more people in the area as well as across the country.
View attachment 107903

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Bryan N Darla here. we travel about in our 25 foot class C pulling a 16 foot trailer with a couple of BMW GS models, a Kawasaki 250 and follow that in a 2018 Tacoma Off-road. Our dog Rudder always is with us. Current location, Tucson!View attachment 107859

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: cujof16

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound community! My name is Joe and I just joined OB.

I live near Battle Ground, WA.
My Tacoma got totalled so my most recent trip was in a 2007 Honda Odyssey but it was successful and it's all I got!
I have some experience in the outdoors but nothing too impressive.

Happy to be here!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Located just outside of Waco, Texas USA for the time being. But will begin searching for where feels right in about a year. Part of me hopes I never find a single place that feels like home. Due to my past and work history, I have basically lived a nomadic lifestyle for over 10 years now.
I don't currently have any rigs trail/road ready. Although I am currently putting together parts list and plans for several. Including 2001 Chevy S10 LS Crew Cab 4x4, 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD extended cab 4x4, and a 86 Chevy V10 Suburban. With plans to purchase and outfit a 99-2003 Ford F550 crew cab 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 for use in my welding career. I'm a big believer in being ready to do what ever I want where ever, how ever, and for how ever long I would like to.
I'm a novice in terms of actual over-landing experience. Although I was raised in the country most of my life, and taught outdoor survival/education courses (among many other topics) at a rustic camp located in central Texas for three years. And spent 10 years working in the offshore sub-sea construction and pipe-lay industry domestically and internationally.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. My name is Theo and just started to get into overloading, something I've wanted to do for some time now. Recently pulled the trigger and been building up a 2019 JLUR, spending a lot of time getting out there in New England this summer. Rig is fairly stock in terms of drivetrain and engine. The wife and I love camping, so setting up the truck for that has been the priority. Looking forward to meeting other members - we're currently in Watertown MA, just outside of Boston.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Eric.
Live on the border of NY and PA near Binghamton.
Been a member for a little bit trying to plan projects and trips. Also looking for nearby members.
Finally talked the wife into pulling the trigger on a 4runner pro. We picked it up last week. No mods yet. Picture of her father's farm. Just trying to get the tires dirty.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, so glad I found this site. I'm new as well, so here is my introduction.

1) Picture: I'm blowin' it already.... sorry will post a photo of our rig and update as we build out
2) Location: San Jose, California
3) Rig: Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with soon to add Smittybilt scout trailer
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice.

My husband and I love the outdoors, we love to explore and we have been sedentary for too long. So we made an pact to get out and get overlanding. We have yet to take our "official" overland trim, as we have spent the past few months discussing the "how". We have decided on purchasing a smittybilt scout trailer and having it customized with a few add on features/functions. This was after a long discussion which ranged from "do we need to buy a Toyota Tacoma? Should we invest in a Ford Transit Van conversion? What about the Jeep Trailhawk we already have, can she handle all the gear? .... Well be finally came to the decision to go Smittybilt. You'll see my future posts will be hoping to get your input and insights on the build. I so look forward to meeting other members on the road. It may take us a few months to get going, every journey begins with a little planning, or at least in my head it does. Cheers all...

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone! The name is Roman! I’m excited to be part of this amazing Group! Can’t wait to meet some of y’all on the trails!

I drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK! I’ve only had it for about a year and learned so much from so many people and Groups! Can’t wait to learn even more!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Raleigh, NC! Currently drive a 2015 Chevy Colorado with slight modifications. 2" Eibach shocks upfront with a AAL in the rear. 265/70/17 KO2s. Have moderate experience off-road with the Colly and a Kaiser M715. Looking forward to meeting other members in the area and get out and explore.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone Im from Indianapolis, IN. My name is Joe this here's my rig aka Phantom she's a 1998 Chevy Tahoe. I hope to get her built up and see yall out on the trails

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: JoeSmith1696

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Overland Bound community! My name is Joe and I just joined OB.

I live near Battle Ground, WA.
My Tacoma got totalled so my most recent trip was in a 2007 Honda Odyssey but it was successful and it's all I got!
I have some experience in the outdoors but nothing too impressive.

Happy to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I'm actually visiting family in Oklahoma right now and planning to move here in a year or so. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of trails and overlanding I can do here.
Where abouts in Oklahoma are you planning on moving?
For overlanding we have the west end of the Ouachita National Forest in SE Oklahoma, other than that we have dirt roads galore. There is a route called the Oklahoma Adventure Trail that goes around the state via as much dirt road as possible.