Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Carter
Last Name
Loving
Member #

Hello Everyone. I reside down in Houston Tx. I have a friend who is a current member tell me about this community. Came over here really liked what I saw and joined. I am a total beginner, I'm still looking for a rig. But I have been in the outdoors my entire life, I love camping, hiking, riding dirt bikes. Just being one with nature, it cures the soul. My sister and brother in law have been Rock Crawling/ Overlanding out in Arizona for the better part of 11 years. I go on trips with them when I can and was bit by the bug. I look forward to talking with y'all.

stokesrm

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

Hello All,

Name is Rich and I am just getting into overlanding, and I look forward to the exploration and adventure that awaits! My father is also on here - @stokescr . He is much more experienced - and equipped - for overlanding than me.

I live in Murrieta, CA, which is about an hour north of San Diego.

I drive a 2018 Tacoma Off Road DCSB. Upgrades to the truck include (recently) King 2.5 EXT coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, ICON AAL, SCS Ray10 wheels, and BFG KO2 285/75/R16.
Now that I have the suspension upgrades out of the way, I look forward to build up the rig for overlanding next.

I am an Overlanding Novice, but hope to change that soon!

G503

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Washington, DC
First Name
Hashim
Last Name
Pasha
Member #

Hey Guys,
Been following OLB on insta for a couple years now and finally decided to join.
I have a few years experience off-roading around the East Coast, as well as in Mexico and Pakistan.
Looking forward to getting integrated and doing some overlanding!

Driving a 2015 Jeep JK Willy'sTank

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Carter (@C.L.) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Hello everyone! I'm here in mid-state South Carolina in the heat and humidity. I was up on the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday in the clouds and it was nice. I had to take my new RTT for it's first test run and things went well. I got to scout some fishing spots for when the crowds (school starts back) subside. I hope to make it to Colorado and surrounding areas at some point in the not too distant future. Researching that is how I found this site. There is lots of experience and knowledge here and I am sure I will have lots of questions. I am excited to get to exploring this site!

C.L.

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Carter
Last Name
Loving
Member #

Hello Carter (@C.L.) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
Thank You. I'll be sure to check that out.

Benny's2010FJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Daleville, VA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Persinger
Member #

Hi everybody. I'm relatively new to overlanding. my only experience is dirt roads and crossing small creeks.

Rig: Stock 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams
Experience level: Novice

I'm excited to join a forum like this one, and i'm hoping to meet people in my area to hit the trails with. I'm also hoping to meet people nation/worldwide and chat about the rigs they use and the build and parts behind those rigs. Thanks for having me Overland Bound!

Firemedicc

Rank IV

Traveler III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Brendan
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Hi all,

My name is Cal, I'm from Wisconsin, and I'm looking to get into overland camping with my family.

My wife is on board as it's a hybrid style of camping that departs from my preferred style, backpacking.

So, I probably won't be rock climbing or going through giant mud pits but I'm looking forward to putting my truck to the test and outfitting it to meet its capabilities.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everybody. I'm relatively new to overlanding. my only experience is dirt roads and crossing small creeks.

Rig: Stock 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams
Experience level: Novice

I'm excited to join a forum like this one, and i'm hoping to meet people in my area to hit the trails with. I'm also hoping to meet people nation/worldwide and chat about the rigs they use and the build and parts behind those rigs. Thanks for having me Overland Bound!
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Firemedicc

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all,

My name is Cal, I'm from Wisconsin, and I'm looking to get into overland camping with my family.

My wife is on board as it's a hybrid style of camping that departs from my preferred style, backpacking.

So, I probably won't be rock climbing or going through giant mud pits but I'm looking forward to putting my truck to the test and outfitting it to meet its capabilities.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Firemedicc

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone... Just started on the website. I am very new to the overland community. I live just south of Nashville, TN and looking for some fun places to get out and explore and go camping.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone! I'm here in mid-state South Carolina in the heat and humidity. I was up on the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday in the clouds and it was nice. I had to take my new RTT for it's first test run and things went well. I got to scout some fishing spots for when the crowds (school starts back) subside. I hope to make it to Colorado and surrounding areas at some point in the not too distant future. Researching that is how I found this site. There is lots of experience and knowledge here and I am sure I will have lots of questions. I am excited to get to exploring this site!

Reactions: FishinCrzy

Yuma_1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Community!

I stumbled upon Overland Bound on YouTube awhile back. Watched a review on Gazelle Hub Tents and ended up purchasing a T4 because of that review. (Thanks Michael!)

Adventure awaits, exploration is a must, very much excited to be part of the Overland Bound Community!

Rig: 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hardrock - Black
Experience: First overland trip was from San Diego to Montana and back. Safely! It was an, "experience". :tearsofjoy:

all3lujah

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Frederick
Last Name
Lyons
Hey everybody! Fred here! From San Diego and been wanting to really get into overlanding and just plain out having new adventures! Picked up a 2019 Jeep Compass Trailhawk that I'm currently heavily modifying and preparing for the trails. Hope to make new friends that I can possibly roll out with once I'm done with my preparations! My Instagram is t3hg3r if you'd like to see or follow my progress107396

Floki07

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wels, Österreich
First Name
Florian
Last Name
Auer
Member #

Hello to every "Overlander" :grin:

i am form Wels in Austria and a absolutely Rookie in offroad driving but i am happy to be part of the "Overland Bound Family" Thank you!

I have a Land Rover Series III "One Ton" from 1975, an Ex-Norwegian Military vehicle for "Vehicle Dependent Travel " right now.
In the next couple of weeks, i am going on a 5.000km / 3.100mi trip through 9 different countries in Europe

If you want to follow my adventure, just follow me on Instagram > weekend_overlander

Greetings from Austria,
Floki07

Last edited: