First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hello OB Community,

I live and work in the bay area but always looking for a reason to escape. I would love to fine a group of like minded people that would join in on some adventures together.
View attachment 99509View attachment 99510

2018 2500 Ram, AEV Conversion to 37" with 3" dualsport suspension, Four Wheel Camper (Hawk)
Overlanding Experience: I am pretty new to overlanding; however, Very capable on a dirtbike.
Welcome, you are 99 percent ready for the road now. Enjoy

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hello OB family!
My name is Steve and my wife is Denise. We are from Chandler AZ and drive a 2001 Toyota Tundra. We love weekend adventures and finding new landmarks to investigate.

View attachment 99515
Hello Steve and Denise, welcome to OBC and the forum. Your not far away from my location so we may meet up sometime soon. I'm planning to tour most of Arizona on a trip soon (I hope). Working too get everything as ready as you look to be already. Adios Amigo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! Sorry rig is in transit-I take delivery tomorrow :fearscream:

2) Location (General area is fine) OKC, but I began my overlanding career in Fresno, CA-Thus, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National park were my venture grounds.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) 2019 FORD F-150 (coming off a totaled 2017 TOYO TACO)-I had to up-size due to family joining me at times.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) Somewhat experienced, I know my way around the mech/equipment-but not lone wolf yet.

Equipment on the old truck:
2017 TOYOTA TACO TRD off road
TRD stock wheels (blck) 33in Falken Wildpeaks (A/T) mostly for mixed on road/off road use. (sold)
Prinsu roof rack (sold)
FOX 2.0 shocks (front) Rear (stock)-Did this to level to the rig

Equipment on the NEW rig
2019 FORD F-150 ecoboost (LEADFOOT)
XLT 4x4
Leveling kit (going to FOX 2.0) or do a full Icon stage 3
FORD performance wheels in 33in Michellin A/T (stock).

**I look forward to once again exploring the outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally,
Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB family!
My name is Steve and my wife is Denise. We are from Chandler AZ and drive a 2001 Toyota Tundra. We love weekend adventures and finding new landmarks to investigate.

View attachment 99515

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Rvera , welcome from Oklahoma.
I like your number also, there is something fun about a palindrome. :smiley:

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

If you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ola, New Member. Joined at the Overland Expo West, got to meet a few members, and I look forward to joining up on the trails with other members with my 95 Land Cruiser.

Cheers
PJ
Cerritos CA

View attachment 99512

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB Community,

I live and work in the bay area but always looking for a reason to escape. I would love to fine a group of like minded people that would join in on some adventures together.
View attachment 99509View attachment 99510

2018 2500 Ram, AEV Conversion to 37" with 3" dualsport suspension, Four Wheel Camper (Hawk)
Overlanding Experience: I am pretty new to overlanding; however, Very capable on a dirtbike.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. Thanks for the addition. Really excited to get this next chapter started and build out my new 2019 Tacoma. I have way to much planned for it so I'll try to keep the excitement at bay. P.s. I am pretty stoked about my member number because think It looks like the front of vehicle. View attachment 99508

FYIl I will be in the Frisco area after Rally SE. I plan on having a meet-up with local members just haven't found the right place to hold it yet.
And yes that is a cool number.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/

North America

Rally Southeast 2019

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don Stockdale here, my wife Rebecca and I just returned from Overland Expo West 2019 where we had a fabulous time meeting new friends and fellow Overlanders. We joined Overland Bound (#18609) while at the expo and look forward to many more trips. Both Rebecca and I served in the USArmy for more than 10 years so overlanding is nothing new to us only the destinations and friends that we meet. Our current rig is a 2018 Wrangler JKU which handles both of us and our two favorite four legged friends Jazz and Belle. We hope to see you on the trails and if you ever need a beer look me up. I’m always willing to share...

Rig: 2018 Wrangler JKU
Experience: we have had a few but are always looking forward to meeting new people and learning new things

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@MannyL4227
Welcome from just north of Edmond. I can typically be found around Edmond or on the north side of OKC, I'm hard to miss so if you see me give me a wave, a honk, the finger...whatever. :tearsofjoy:
@Kent R beat me to the introduction, but I am the SW Region member rep if you have any questions.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All

I am Andrew and I live near Charlotte North Carolina. I am from Northern Ireland but have been living in the US for 5 years now.

I have a stock 2011 Land Rover LR4 - this is my 3rd LR but I am thinking of moving to Toyota in the future.

I have done a few trails around Uwharrie with the local Landrover club CROC.
I am interested in overlanding / camping and expeditions with my wife and 2 sons (and spaniel Pyper)

View attachment 99412

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the South East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Greg Hartford, and I've just recently gotten in Overlanding. I was inspired by the Lifestyle Overland videos on YouTube. I love adventure and being outdoors, so I thought the Overlanding life was for me! I've just recently joined the Overland Bound community at Overland Expo West 2019, which was my first time at the expo! I look forward to being a part of the greater community and expanding my Overlanding knowledge, adventures, and sharing any insight I learn along the way with people who are just joining the community when I've gotten a little more experienced. Hoping to see you all out on the trails!

Current Vehicle: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
Experience: Traveled to Yosemite NP, Zion NP, and Joshua Tree NP since getting into Overlanding over the past 6 months! This is my first experience with 4x4 travel.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

My name is Rick or Riptyd(riptide)Rick
I drive a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X or a lifted 2016 Subaru Outback. I also pull a home made adventure trailer with a roof top tent
View attachment 99402View attachment 99403View attachment 99404
Rick Welcome to Overland Bound! It was great having out with you at Expo.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: RiptydRick

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

Just joined the other day, happy to be hear and learn from this group! I would consider myself experienced off-road however I new to overlanding. My rig is a 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 4 Door with all the basics (lift, tires, bumpers, winch and a RTT)

View attachment 99398

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

iglesias.brandon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Iglesias
Member #

Hey Everyone!

I am glad to have become a member, my name is Brandon but some people call me Bronco
My rig is a 2015 Jeep JKU Sport, and a 2008 DR650 :)
I am in the Greater Atlanta Area, I wouldn't call myself an experienced overlander but I do go offroading quite a bit in both my jeep and on my motorcycles.

I recently participated in the Southern expeditions overland challenged in North Carolina.

Roger Jeffery

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Harlingen, TX
First Name
ROGER
Last Name
JEFFERY
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Roger and Dalila Jeffery
Live in the Rio Grand Valley (South Texas)
Just started Overlanding
Jeep Wrangler JK

Attachments

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

New here! My name is Mike Mc. I live in Los Angeles area and travel to Mexico quite a bit, mostly Baja and Baja Sur. I love the outdoors, adventure. off roading, travel, surfing, fishing, kayaking. Kinda retired so I do have some to pursue the fun
I play with a 2012 Ram 2500, 4door, 8ft bed with shell and OH rack. Her name is "Ballena Blanca".
Have been camping all my life, we drove and camped Baja for our honeymoon. Most of my trips are 14 days or less, I hope to change that soon.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Roger Jeffery, welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me, I am originally from Texas.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Roger Jeffery