Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Hello everyone, new guy from the Fort Walton Beach, FL area. I've evidently been an Overland Bound for a while now but didn't know there was such a following. I grew up in Southeast MN, joined the Air Force out of High School and landed in NW Florida. I have a 2011 F-150 Super Crew FX4 that I Overland in. My current tent is a Napier bed tent. Since I have a Diamondback cover I'm looking at getting a Rooftop tent so I can keep things secure in the bed of my truck and camp even higher up. So far my favorite I think are the Cascadia tents but I am still new to Rooftop tents so still researching. Well, I look forward to learning from all of you here, looks like a place to meet new friends and learn more about Overland camping!

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi @Bradywan and welcome to Overland Bound! There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. In fact, the Willamette Valley area is a happening area thanks to your Member Reps, @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli. In fact, there is an camping event coming up this weekend in the Tillamook State Forest [link] that you might be interested in. Most of our events are posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Oh yea- get on over and join us! Also find us on Facebook- Willamette Valley Overland Bound!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone! Super stoked to join and be part of the community here! I am also happy to say I officially purchased my overland vehicle 2 weeks ago and have already started plans for modifications.

I live in a Southeastern, MA about 40 min ride to Boston or Providence, RI. Normally taking my previous vehicles 4 wheeling on the beaches in Cape Cod, but I am looking forward to more backwoods adventures up north in NH, VT or Maine.

2016 Tacoma Sport- Double Cab
6 Speed Manual 4x4
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone, new guy from the Fort Walton Beach, FL area. I've evidently been an Overland Bound for a while now but didn't know there was such a following. I grew up in Southeast MN, joined the Air Force out of High School and landed in NW Florida. I have a 2011 F-150 Super Crew FX4 that I Overland in. My current tent is a Napier bed tent. Since I have a Diamondback cover I'm looking at getting a Rooftop tent so I can keep things secure in the bed of my truck and camp even higher up. So far my favorite I think are the Cascadia tents but I am still new to Rooftop tents so still researching. Well, I look forward to learning from all of you here, looks like a place to meet new friends and learn more about Overland camping!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey folks!

My name is Jay.
Location: Currently Living in Northern Virginia, but home will always be Colorado.
Rig: 2015 Town and County Mini-van. It fits the wife, three kids and a small dog with stuff really well. Looking to add an adventure trailer to make Nomadic action easier.
Overlanding Experience: Minor. Little bit of Boy Scout adventuring, and my wife insists on camping where there is plumbing available (lot of tummy issues in the family, so this is not unreasonable) but I am looking to get out with the kids more as they get older.

Speak at you all later!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark. I am located in Lubbock, Texas. I have a 2018 Jeep JLU. My prior rig was a 2014 JKU. I am just getting in to Overlanding but I have a lot of camping experience.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi - Vanessa here, new member looking to learn more and ask the occasional question. I am American but currently living in London. I aspire to travel throughout Europe in my Jeep Wrangler with my doggos (see photo). Any location suggestions are welcome!View attachment 95165

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey folks!

My name is Jay.
Location: Currently Living in Northern Virginia, but home will always be Colorado.
Rig: 2015 Town and County Mini-van. It fits the wife, three kids and a small dog with stuff really well. Looking to add an adventure trailer to make Nomadic action easier.
Overlanding Experience: Minor. Little bit of Boy Scout adventuring, and my wife insists on camping where there is plumbing available (lot of tummy issues in the family, so this is not unreasonable) but I am looking to get out with the kids more as they get older.

Speak at you all later!
Welcome from a former Ashburn VA person. I lived off the lake where they shot off the fireworks. :sunglasses:

lucyl

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lucy here! Looking forward to meeting up with other fellow overlanders.
Rig: 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S & 1993 Jeep XJ
Overlanding Experience: I always been a big backpacker and endurance runner/hiker. I started vehicle adventuring early last year with my 1993 Jeep XJ. Now I'm hooked and I'm constantly out my new Jeep JL exploring new places.

CentralCalX

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Central Valley
Member #

Hello everyone,

Just came on board, originally from the Bay Area but moved to Central Valley! Can't wait to join on the trail rides. I hope someone can point me to some of the easy level overlanding near me perhaps within 100 miles. My daily driver is a 2013 Nissan Xterra, 4WD just recently purchased and it came with the OB #1108. Anyway, looking forward to meeting fellow overlanders soon.

Attachments

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Lucy here! Looking forward to meeting up with other fellow overlanders.
Rig: 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S & 1993 Jeep XJ
Overlanding Experience: I always been a big backpacker and endurance runner/hiker. I started vehicle adventuring early last year with my 1993 Jeep XJ. Now I'm hooked and I'm constantly out my new Jeep JL exploring new places.
View attachment 95240
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if you any questions, or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike.

If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,

Just came on board, originally from the Bay Area but moved to Central Valley! Can't wait to join on the trail rides. I hope someone can point me to some of the easy level overlanding near me perhaps within 100 miles. My daily driver is a 2013 Nissan Xterra, 4WD just recently purchased and it came with the OB #1108. Anyway, looking forward to meeting fellow overlanders soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am one of your U.S. West Member Representative, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum T @Narbob

There is meet-up in the Ripon/Modesto area;
West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

If you need further information on the above meetup you can contact @PapaDave.

Reactions: Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 95227
Hey, I’m Dave and this is a picture of my 1985 HJ75 Landcruiser Troopy. I’m currently in Anchorage, Alaska, and I’m new to overlanding. I’ve got some experience hiking and camping, but I’m a novice when it comes to vehicle-based adventures.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Alex. Just got into the outdoors back in September with the purchase of my Jeep.
Rig: 2016 White Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara
Experience: a few months of off road trails, camping, and getting stuck in the snow along with countless hours of YouTube videos.
Welcome from Whidbey Island! Make sure to check out the NorthWest Region for events (like the Meet-Up on the 3rd in Burlington) and other neat meet-ups. Hit me up if you have any questions or want to get outside!

Reactions: AlexWood

Broken

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.