Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Howdy! Just wanted to say Welcome from the Pacific Northwest.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Makit Worx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Germany
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Crowther
Member #

Hey Everyone,

New to Overlanding but not the outdoors. Finally sold my car and purchased my rig to do some Overlanding with my family. Lots of great information on this forum.

Rig: 2006 Toyota Sequoia 4WD
Experience: Beginner

-Ron

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey Everyone,

New to Overlanding but not the outdoors. Finally sold my car and purchased my rig to do some Overlanding with my family. Lots of great information on this forum.

-Ron

Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
….. from the DMV (DC / MD / VA).

I'm currently in Arlington myself, and moving to Alexandria in July.

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message @Hank Outdoors, @Wawa Skittletits, or me.

Here are some other useful links:

Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetups thread:
Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

U.S. East Forum:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Looking for events near you? Check out the Calendar:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everyone,

-Ron

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

DIscoDown

Rank 0

Traveler I

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Hi everyone,
My name is Jason I live in Salt Lake City Utah
I am currently buying a 2001 Discovery that needs some work done to it before it will he trail ready let alone road ready. I am new to overland but I’m not new to the outdoors or roughing it. I look forward to meeting you all and to sharing my vehicle transformation as well as my wife’s and mines with this new adventure.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone,
I am currently buying a 2001 Discovery that needs some work done to it before it will he trail ready let alone road ready. I am new to overland but I’m not new to the outdoors or roughing it. I look forward to meeting you all and to sharing my vehicle transformation as well as my wife’s and mines with this new adventure.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey Everyone,

-Ron
Welcome to OB and the East Region!!!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello,

I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road that is fairly stock and I am in Washington. I haven't taken the truck out much onto even dirt roads but have been wanting to. I use to go up into the mountains a lot and camp when I was younger so this is part to get back to that. Although not seriously technical trails, some were challenging, I still have a lot to learn though. I have been looking a lot at different ways of setting up my rig for general overlanding as I would like to get into that and to make doing my other hobbies easier. As well as general long distance traveling.
Welcome to Overland Bound @moird. There are lots of us in Washington, what part of the state are you in? The Tacoma TRD, even completely stock, is a perfectly capable overland vehicle. Throw a tent, bedroll, stove, and cooler in the back and you have enough to start adventuring. Then build as you need to build to overcome obstacles. Anyway, this is a great state for overlanding and for getting to know other people interested in the hobby/lifestyle. I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. Coming up at the end of June is Plane, WA is the biggest overlanding get together of the PNW, the 2019 NW Overland Rally [link]. If you can make it, you will have lots of opportunities to meet other overlanders, see awesome gear, and learn new skills.

I look forward to seeing you out there on the trail someday! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

-Ron

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi everyone,
Welcome to out community.
Look forward to meeting you and your wife. We are in the planning stages of some fun meet ups so stay tuned.
Please reach out to me if you need anything.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road that is fairly stock and I am in Washington. I haven't taken the truck out much onto even dirt roads but have been wanting to. I use to go up into the mountains a lot and camp when I was younger so this is part to get back to that. Although not seriously technical trails, some were challenging, I still have a lot to learn though. I have been looking a lot at different ways of setting up my rig for general overlanding as I would like to get into that and to make doing my other hobbies easier. As well as general long distance traveling.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Finally, after destroying a few trucks from strictly mud bogging, I have bought myself a Jeep to build as an overland rig! Excited to get out there and hopefully do a trip this summer.

Rig: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Welcome to the community, from Northern VA!

Reactions: Kryllac

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Reactions: Magic Mike

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

Hello from a Michigander!

Experience: Rusty Intermediate
Rig: 2015 Silverado Z71 (double cab) - Stock

Eagle Scout, so I've done quite a bit of backpacking and camping in my youth.....thus rusty. Not looking to do crazy overlanding because other than maybe a leveling and one size up on tires I'm probably not going to do much to the truck. I do love adventuring down our seasonal roads though. Debating a RTT at some point..........but being a solo camper (friends generally don't camp anymore) with an anxiety plagued mind my head starts to spin when the sun goes down........but I'm trying to overcome that.

Rig August 2017 First Trip Out - Manistee National Forest

Dispersed Camping
by Jim Fox, on Flickr

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello,

Welcome! What part of WA?