Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi all! I'm fairly new to the Overlanding concept, but I've been Jeeping and Camping and some combination of those since I was a kid so I guess that puts me in the Intermediate category. My biggest pitfall is trip planning and hoping to get better about that!

1) View attachment 93109
2) Location: Phoenix, AZ
3) Rig: 2014 JKU Rubicon & Custom Trailer
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Intermediate
Welcome...Nice set-up! Plenty of help on how to plan your trips here on the forums! [emoji106][emoji1123] Overland Trip Planning

Last edited:

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi all! I'm fairly new to the Overlanding concept, but I've been Jeeping and Camping and some combination of those since I was a kid so I guess that puts me in the Intermediate category. My biggest pitfall is trip planning and hoping to get better about that!

1) View attachment 93109
Welcome to Overland Bound!

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out your local information and get involved here: OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you: Overland Bound Regions!

Here is the link to check out the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events: Overland Bound Meetups

Planning a trip or want to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

Welcome to our amazing community where we help each other outfit and explore because adventure is necessary!

Reactions: Aussie571

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

1) View attachment 93109

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
View attachment 92952

1. I just traded my 2012 JK in on this JKU.
2. Spokane, Washington
3. 2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
4. My experience is kind of all over the place. I come from a backpacking and bikepacking environment that has come to include a lot of car camping, with my family. My overlanding has generally been on known trails (BDR, etc.) or trail like roads, in Washington and Idaho.

I’m really happy to be here. I’ve been lurking for a long time, but I’m pretty stoked to be a part of this now. Looking forward to adventures with you all!
@Haust Jump right in!
We've got our first "Meet Eat Greet and Sleep" MEGs #3 scheduled for May 5th. Should be an easy overnight trip.
We are also planning on driving out to the Northwest Overland Rally as a group. Inland Northwest Convoy.
The next Conference call is on the 21st.
I forward to seeing you on the trail.

Steve

Reactions: Haust

Atchcraft

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello y’all, my name is Matt and I’m in the Salinas Valley of the central coast of California. I’ve been in the off-road community, in various formats, for over 30 years, mostly in the PNW. I’m currently driving a 2016 4runner. I love to get out and explore and I’m a diehard DIY guy. Most of the mods on my rigs are hand build by me. That’s 1/2 the fun. The other 1/2 is the ability to reach remote locations of blissful solitude. Nice to meet y’all.

Forgot to mention; I have the same user name on other forums, with build threads and what not: Toyota4runner.org, Expeditionportal, Tacomaworld, etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello y’all, my name is Matt and I’m in the Salinas Valley of the central coast of California. I’ve been in the off-road community, in various formats, for over 30 years, mostly in the PNW. I’m currently driving a 2016 4runner. I love to get out and explore and I’m a diehard DIY guy. Most of the mods on my rigs are hand build by me. That’s 1/2 the fun. The other 1/2 is the ability to reach remote locations of blissful solitude. Nice to meet y’all.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message me,your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Atchcraft

Expedicion Tierra

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Inverness, FL, USA
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Bartolomei
Member #

Hi everyone I’m Jorge. From Inverness Florida. I love overlanding I’ve done a few nice trips but haven’t been able to get out the beaten path because of the vehicles I had at the time. But did a 10k miles trip all over the west in a vw Passat and a tent with my wive. Now just bought a 2015 Jeep Jk Name Sophia. Lol and a tigermoth off-road camper by TAXA Outdoors hopefully with setup I be able to be more active in the overlanding. But it sucks to live in Florida. For overlanding. . If any of you are in the area and need help I can give you a hand Isn’t that what we are here for. ?

Mattyspies3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

1) View attachment 93109
Sweeeeeeeet set up. I have trailer envy!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,

My name is Zach
I have a 2012 tundra double cab 4x4
I’m new to overlanding but I I drive off-road (fire roads and loose dirt) for my work and I watch a bit of YouTube and I live in Lodi/Sacramento Ca so Central Valley! If anyone has any advice or knowledge of trails please message me

Make to check the forums, “trips thread, calendar mew member threads.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders meetup is second Tuesday of every month, in the Shingle Springs area. Check Rally Points section for more info.

There is also a Central Cal meetup in Ripon, contact @PapaDave or check Rally Points for further info!

I am your NORCAL member Rep if you have any questions! I’m located in the Auburn area, so i’m close!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi guys, new to Overlander. In from YouTube. Drive a 95 k2500 3/4 ton lifed 6in with 37s project rig, hoping to get it where I want need it to be to go on a run one day. I’m a native Oregonian last 52 years, beautiful country btw. I’m Mike but go by chief. Pictures of rig to come soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound

zendter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lodi CA
Member #

Make to check the forums, “trips thread, calendar mew member threads.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders meetup is second Tuesday of every month, in the Shingle Springs area. Check Rally Points section for more info.

There is also a Central Cal meetup in Ripon, contact @PapaDave or check Rally Points for further info!

I am your NORCAL member Rep if you have any questions! I’m located in the Auburn area, so i’m close!
Nice to meet you Magic Mike and do you know any good beginner trails to start out with by your area I want to get my feet wet and get out on the trails!

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Forgot to mention; I have the same user name on other forums, with build threads and what not: Toyota4runner.org, Expeditionportal, Tacomaworld, etc.
Welcome to Overland Bound! I am your Member Rep, if you have questions feel free to contact me or you can cont

Make sure to check the forums, ie; trips threads, Rally Points and new members for helpful information.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Nice to meet you Magic Mike and do you know any good beginner trails to start out with by your area I want to get my feet wet and get out on the trails!
Check out the Forest Hill OHV area, you can find maps for it on-line. Although there probably is too much snow up at Forest Hill OHV right now, I'm not sure haven't been up there in a while. Also outside of Folsom there is Praire City OHV park. Come out to the Sierra Foothills Overland Meetup, our group does runs every month and there is a lot of experienced people to learn from....

Reactions: DaveD and zendter

Mauricio H

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

USA
First Name
Mauricio
Last Name
Huaco
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Thank you for all the information. I’m in Pleasant Hill Ca.
2018 4Runner

DashTrash

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Razzeto
Howdy all!

New member from Portland, OR, USA. New to overlanding but immediately got hooked after renting a jeep in Moab last summer. I have a '18 4runner and really looking forward to learning from others and exploring places not yet seen! Decent list of upgrades coming after deployment ends with a 2 week trip planned next month to break the rig in with Moab/Canyonlands, Death Valley and Mojave Road!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi guys, new to Overlander. In from YouTube. Drive a 95 k2500 3/4 ton lifed 6in with 37s project rig, hoping to get it where I want need it to be to go on a run one day. I’m a native Oregonian last 52 years, beautiful country btw. I’m Mike but go by chief. Pictures of rig to come soon.
Hello Mike Chief (@Chiefjo) and welcome to Overland Bound! Awesome to have you joining our ranks. I can't wait to see pictures of your truck and to meet you in person. There are a great number of members throughout the PNW and your state in particular. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are actively organizing members in Western Oregon, so dependant on where your located, you might want to check out what they are up to. @Chadlyb is over in the Bend area and is always willing to provide his wisdom or a helping hand. The best thing to do is check out the US NorthWest Region forums [link] so that you can get to know what is going on and who is in your neighborhood. Events are usually planned there then posted on our Rally Point System [link] so you might want to keep an eye on that as well.

If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Howdy all!

New member from Portland, OR, USA. New to overlanding but immediately got hooked after renting a jeep in Moab last summer. I have a '18 4runner and really looking forward to learning from others and exploring places not yet seen! Decent list of upgrades coming after deployment ends with a 2 week trip planned next month to break the rig in with Moab/Canyonlands, Death Valley and Mojave Road!
Welcome to Overland Bound @DashTrash. First and foremost, thank you for your service! It sounds like you have been infected by the overlanding bug... I'm sorry to say that there is no cure and the treatments get more and more expensive as you go. The good news is that it is the best thing ever! I hope that you will share with us your build progress as you take your list of upgrades and make them a reality. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW and a very large number of members in the Portland/Vancouver area so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you don't mind traveling a little south for events, you can hook up with @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli. They always have something going on. The biggest event of the region is the Northwest Overland Rally (NWOR) [link] in June. Check it out, you will most certainly enjoy it!

I get down to Vancouver every few months for business, so hopefully we will get to meet in person. Until then, if you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.