JBADwolf

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whidbey Island, Washington, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
BadWolf
Hi, James BadWolf Here! I am located in Whidbey Island Where I get to explore the backroads in my 2018 TRD OFFRoad DCLB Taco. Keeping her pretty stock for now (decently potent from factory) as I dwindle down those payments, and working on a slow build as things break and are needed. I am a Husband and Father of One little adventurer. Novice to the Overland Game, but have been into 4x4ing for a while, been into everything actually. Owned a few drift cars in japan, got into touge in a couple MKII GTIs, a CRX, and then a full build Fiesta ST. Now back to being out in nature.

I love to Trail Run and MountainBike, and if it's on them trails... you may find me there!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My name is Charles
Location for now Reno Nevada
Tahoe 4x4 5 inch lift 35 inch wheels modified for camping and off road
I am an avid outdoors man, camping, fishing, hunting, free rock climbing (not rock crawling), motorcycles and more.
I am looking forward to learning how to improve my rig and join up with people for some fun.

View attachment 91022

I now have a custom built Low profile canoe rack instead of the foam blocks... lol
View attachment 91023

Full size tempurpedic foam bed with storage underneath.
View attachment 91024

View attachment 91025

I have 1 inch insulated camo panels for all my windows.

View attachment 91026
I don't see much room for improvements in your rig that are obvious, she looks great. Good luck and welcome to OB and the forum.

Reactions: Charles M

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi, James BadWolf Here! I am located in Whidbey Island Where I get to explore the backroads in my 2018 TRD OFFRoad DCLB Taco. Keeping her pretty stock for now (decently potent from factory) as I dwindle down those payments, and working on a slow build as things break and are needed. I am a Husband and Father of One little adventurer. Novice to the Overland Game, but have been into 4x4ing for a while, been into everything actually. Owned a few drift cars in japan, got into touge in a couple MKII GTIs, a CRX, and then a full build Fiesta ST. Now back to being out in nature.

I love to Trail Run and MountainBike, and if it's on them trails... you may find me there!
Welcome James! I'm on Whidbey as well! It's fantastic to see other Whidbey person! Make sure to check out the NorthWest Region for events and other updates!

Reactions: JBADwolf

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

My name is Trey, I just joined up yesterday. I'm located in upstate SC and I have done a lot of stomping around in Appalachia of SC, NC, GA & TN but it has always been backpacking, camping, kayaking, and fishing. I have some offroad experience, but it was mostly just thrashing through the swamps around where I grew up - and it was basically just driving through mud holes. This is my first adventure in overlanding or riding any actual trails.

I'm starting with a fresh rig and I decided to go with something a little different than a Jeep or truck. I'm building a battlewagon!
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring with all the trimmings.
So far I have added
Thule AeroBlade Edge Crossbars​
Thule Canyon XT Roof Basket​
Reese Towpower Class III Receiver​
2" Front Lift/1.5" Rear Lift​
Upgraded STI Rear Sway Bar​
Upgraded Adjustable Front End Links​
Sport Edition P3 17x7.5 Wheels​
29.5" Kuhmo AT51 Tires​
Inflatable 4 Ton Offroad Jack​
Portable Jump Starter Battery Pack​
Portable Air Compressor​
So basically it is ready to rock... but... I have no idea where to take it?

IMG_0610.jpg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

My name is Trey, I just joined up yesterday. I'm located in upstate SC and I have done a lot of stomping around in Appalachia of SC, NC, GA & TN but it has always been backpacking, camping, kayaking, and fishing. I have some offroad experience, but it was mostly just thrashing through the swamps around where I grew up - and it was basically just driving through mud holes. This is my first adventure in overlanding or riding any actual trails.

I'm starting with a fresh rig and I decided to go with something a little different than a Jeep or truck. I'm building a battlewagon!
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring with all the trimmings.
So far I have added
Thule AeroBlade Edge Crossbars​
Thule Canyon XT Roof Basket​
Reese Towpower Class III Receiver​
2" Front Lift/1.5" Rear Lift​
Upgraded STI Rear Sway Bar​
Upgraded Adjustable Front End Links​
Sport Edition P3 17x7.5 Wheels​
29.5" Kuhmo AT51 Tires​
Inflatable 4 Ton Offroad Jack​
Portable Jump Starter Battery Pack​
Portable Air Compressor​
So basically it is ready to rock... but... I have no idea where to take it?

View attachment 91055
Welcome and great looking Subaru!

3rd_Degree_Adv

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mustang, OK
First Name
R
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Hello all!

My name is "Burns" and I am completely new to "overlanding" in a vehicle, however I've been rolling across the country on a motorcycle for years. With my son getting older I sold the scoot and bought a jeep so we can enjoy the backroads and wilderness America has to offer together. Currently setting up our rig for more weekend gettaways and long term camping destinations, but still enjoy the offroad parks & trails as well. Speaking of our rig, we have a 2013 Jeep JKU that was pretty much stock when we picked it up. Since then we've added a winch, 3.5" Metalcloack Gamechanger Kit, with 35" Milestar Patagonias, and done a few interior upgrades as well. You can check out more pics on instagram at 3rd Degree Adventure (@3rd_degree_adv) • Instagram photos and videos We look forward to learning more about the adventure ahead!
54730402_634918313619016_8146570847520292864_n.jpg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello all!

My name is "Burns" and I am completely new to "overlanding" in a vehicle, however I've been rolling across the country on a motorcycle for years. With my son getting older I sold the scoot and bought a jeep so we can enjoy the backroads and wilderness America has to offer together. Currently setting up our rig for more weekend gettaways and long term camping destinations, but still enjoy the offroad parks & trails as well. Speaking of our rig, we have a 2013 Jeep JKU that was pretty much stock when we picked it up. Since then we've added a winch, 3.5" Metalcloack Gamechanger Kit, with 35" Milestar Patagonias, and done a few interior upgrades as well. You can check out more pics on instagram at 3rd Degree Adventure (@3rd_degree_adv) • Instagram photos and videos We look forward to learning more about the adventure ahead!
View attachment 91062
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you and your son do with that great looking Jeep!

Swamp Fox

Rank 0

Contributor I

what part of SC are you from? Im currently in the army and knew a Gregg(last name) from SC. Just had to check. Im in the same boat, never bought anything 2 wheel drive and was always a truck guy, until I drove a jeep, I can honestly say it has changed my life in the short time ive owned it. happy trails to you and the family
Gregg Masnick here. Grew up on Isle of Palms & in Huger...later lived in Goose Creek as an adult.

Hello all. I am Paul. It's a pleasure being here. New to the off-roading world and excited to be here.
I purchased my truck on February 16 2019.
I bought this truck with only seeing it. I knew nothing about the running ability or anything else. There was no battery, ignition switch and the hood would not open.
1994 Chevy Silverado 4x4 K1500 TBI 5.7L
91066IMG_20190303_141521557.jpg
Since then I have got it running and I have been driving it daily. Little by little it will be completed rebuilt.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello all. I am Paul. It's a pleasure being here. New to the off-roading world and excited to be here.
I purchased my truck on February 16 2019.
I bought this truck with only seeing it. I knew nothing about the running ability or anything else. There was no battery, ignition switch and the hood would not open.
1994 Chevy Silverado 4x4 K1500 TBI 5.7L
View attachment 91066View attachment 91066
Since then I have got it running and I have been driving it daily. Little by little it will be completed rebuilt.
Hello Paul, you have a good start there. I think you should name it "Risky Business" because you bought it knowing nothing about it. Good luck and welcome to OB !

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI

Welcome to Overland Bound James (@JBADwolf)! Whidbey Island is a great place home base with lots of access to great adventure. I know there are a few members in your area that are itching to hit the dirt road, so I recommend heading over to the NorthWest Region forum [link] to find out what is going on and get to know your neighbors. As events are planned, they will be posted up on the Rally Point System [link], so you might want to keep an eye on that as well.

I look forward to meeting you in person some day soon. Until then, if you need anything please feel free to send me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Reactions: David S

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My name is Marc
Rig: 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Experience: enough to get into trouble and get back out.View attachment 91132
Hi Mark, can I set up my tent in your backyard ? Seen any Bigfoot lately ? Why don't you wash that rig once in awhile ? Great looking rig, tell us more about it and what your up too.

WANDERING STAR Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Olympia, WA, USA
Member #

Hi Mark, can I set up my tent in your backyard ? Seen any Bigfoot lately ? Why don't you wash that rig once in awhile ? Great looking rig, tell us more about it and what your up too.
HAHA the sad thing is I had it washed just be for that pic but when you live on a dirt road that's what you get. nope no big foot yet. I'm try to wright up a list of stuff and things I still need to do should have that up soon.