Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new member here. I have been overlanding since before it was "Overlanding" Lot's of trips in the Canadian bush fishing, hunting in Maine and just old fashioned truck camping in the woods of Pennsylvania. What brought me here was the purchase of a 2017 JKU Rubicon Teraflex ST3 lift Fox Shocks on 35's and finding the videos on You Tube. I was on the fence about joining for about a year but the content on several vids including but not limited to the OverlandMD put me over the edge to join. Retired last year and bought this JEEP and outfitted it for this hobby.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location - Mid-Eastern Ohio
Rig - ‘16 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Just getting started. Found this site last night while searching for info about overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello, Trevor here I am in the Olympia WA area. I used to camp when younger and now getting back into it with my son. I got a 2018 taco pro with Sliders and a couple lights still figuring out what I need next.
Welcome to Overland Bound Trevor (@Tonkazuk). I love hearing parents that want to instill their love for the outdoors into their children. That is how my father got me hooked many years ago. Figuring out what to do with your rig can be a slippery slope, if you let it. In truth, to go out and find adventure, you need very little. I encourage everyone to get out there, and let the obstacles dictate what they get next. The good news is that, being in Olympia, you are surrounded by places to go out and explore with varying levels of difficulty. You are also surrounded by some great Overland Bound members who, I am sure, are more than willing to help you and your son along the way. I recommend heading over to the NorthWest Region forum [link] so that you can get to know your neighbors and become involved in planning events. You should also keep an eye on the Rally Point System [link], which we use to announce events like meetups and trail runs.

I look forward to seeing you and your son out there some day. Until then, if you need anything please feel free to send me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello, Trevor here I am in the Olympia WA area. I used to camp when younger and now getting back into it with my son. I got a 2018 taco pro with Sliders and a couple lights still figuring out what I need next.
Welcome Trevor! I'm just about 2 hours north of ya (Whidbey Island)! I am excited to see what you do with your build and hope to meet you soon!

Manny_est

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Thank you for the add. This is a shared account for my wife Michele and I (Manny). We live in Las Vegas. NV and spend almost every weekend outdoors or hanging with good friends. We have been overlanding for about 4 years now. We love camping and overland adventures. Most recently, we are prepping for an Easter Mojave Road Trip.
We have a 2015 Tacoma, 6 speed manual with Icons front and rear. We are slowly building it and have already done Icon suspension, Camburg UCAs, CB, lights, and began building a storage kitchen in the back. Previously, I owned a 2007 FJC pictured below. I was young and dumb and rolled it on pavement.... Probably the greatest vehicle I ever owned also. Enough about that however. I am glad to be here and look forward to many Overland opportunities with the community.

KPMetrics

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vermont
Member #

Hey everyone!
Me: Prior service Marine who now works for his wife at ClayShare.
Rig: Just starting to work on the 2004 Jeep WJ whose prior life was the family truckster.
Interest: Mostly just running the forest roads chasing trout and good camp sites away from the crowds.

Happy to be here!
Kevin

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Thank you for the add. This is a shared account for my wife Michele and I (Manny). We live in Las Vegas. NV and spend almost every weekend outdoors or hanging with good friends. We have been overlanding for about 4 years now. We love camping and overland adventures. Most recently, we are prepping for an Easter Mojave Road Trip.
We have a 2015 Tacoma, 6 speed manual with Icons front and rear. We are slowly building it and have already done Icon suspension, Camburg UCAs, CB, lights, and began building a storage kitchen in the back. Previously, I owned a 2007 FJC pictured below. I was young and dumb and rolled it on pavement.... Probably the greatest vehicle I ever owned also. Enough about that however. I am glad to be here and look forward to many Overland opportunities with the community.

View attachment 90950
View attachment 90953
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Great looking rigs.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-

If you have any questions message me, your Regional Director, @Narbob, or Member Representative. We are here to help.

Overland Bound Regions!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

View attachment 90950
View attachment 90953

View attachment 90950
View attachment 90953
Hi Manny, really sorry you lost that FJC, what a tragedy. Do you like the Tacoma as well as the FJC ? Why did you buy the pickup ? I'm asking because I have been fighting with myself over which vehicle I should use for my overlanding
Adventures. I have both a full size Dodge Ram 250 4x4 and a Land Rover Discovery 2. It looks like you have chosen the P.U. route and I'm wondering why.
Keep her muddy !

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

View attachment 90950
View attachment 90953
Welcome from Reno. If you have any question @Narbob can help or you can reach out to me. See ya on the trails.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello, new member here. I have been overlanding since before it was "Overlanding" Lot's of trips in the Canadian bush fishing, hunting in Maine and just old fashioned truck camping in the woods of Pennsylvania. What brought me here was the purchase of a 2017 JKU Rubicon Teraflex ST3 lift Fox Shocks on 35's and finding the videos on You Tube. I was on the fence about joining for about a year but the content on several vids including but not limited to the OverlandMD put me over the edge to join. Retired last year and bought this JEEP and outfitted it for this hobby.
Christopher, Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey everyone!
Me: Prior service Marine who now works for his wife at ClayShare.
Rig: Just starting to work on the 2004 Jeep WJ whose prior life was the family truckster.
Interest: Mostly just running the forest roads chasing trout and good camp sites away from the crowds.

Happy to be here!
Kevin
Kevin, Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
Thank you for your service!!!!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Team Harrington a fellow Vermonter and your local Member Rep..

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Manny_est

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Reactions: Narbob

Manny_est

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Hi Manny, really sorry you lost that FJC, what a tragedy. Do you like the Tacoma as well as the FJC ? Why did you buy the pickup ? I'm asking because I have been fighting with myself over which vehicle I should use for my overlanding
Adventures. I have both a full size Dodge Ram 250 4x4 and a Land Rover Discovery 2. It looks like you have chosen the P.U. route and I'm wondering why.
Keep her muddy !
Hey Lanlubber, thank you. I had the FJ when I met my wife and absolutely loved that rig. When I met Michele, she immediately fell in love with off road driving, camping and overlanding. She decided to buy the Tacoma so she could follow along and drive her own rig. We liked having separate rigs because we love bringing people with us off road. Two rigs meant we could bring as many as 3-4 extra people each. It turned into my buddies and I in the FJ, and Michele and the gals in the Tacoma.

We eventually married and I totaled the FJ not too long after. I am in the Army and I was getting ready to deploy only a few months later so we decided we would save the money vs buying a new truck for me, and have it sit for 10+ months. The Taco was never really a trade in or replacement, just another rig for the family I guess. Michele and I are buying a home now and will keep one rig until I can save up for a 70 or 80 series Landcruiser. We love the Tacoma, it is very capable and an absolute workhorse, like the FJ was. When it comes the FJ, I would buy another in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the price nowadays is out of my price range. I always say, if I did it over again, I would do a 4runner instead. The FJ is hard to beat, but we bring so many people with us off road that the back door in the FJ became a "cool" inconvenience.

Sorry for the extra backstory, just felt that I needed to explain the circumstances a bit. So to answer your question, I love both PUs and SUVs. I think overall, SUVs are my preferred rig. The extra comfort for your passengers makes the lack of a bed worth it for me.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hey Lanlubber, thank you. I had the FJ when I met my wife and absolutely loved that rig. When I met Michele, she immediately fell in love with off road driving, camping and overlanding. She decided to buy the Tacoma so she could follow along and drive her own rig. We liked having separate rigs because we love bringing people with us off road. Two rigs meant we could bring as many as 3-4 extra people each. It turned into my buddies and I in the FJ, and Michele and the gals in the Tacoma.

We eventually married and I totaled the FJ not too long after. I am in the Army and I was getting ready to deploy only a few months later so we decided we would save the money vs buying a new truck for me, and have it sit for 10+ months. The Taco was never really a trade in or replacement, just another rig for the family I guess. Michele and I are buying a home now and will keep one rig until I can save up for a 70 or 80 series Landcruiser. We love the Tacoma, it is very capable and an absolute workhorse, like the FJ was. When it comes the FJ, I would buy another in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the price nowadays is out of my price range. I always say, if I did it over again, I would do a 4runner instead. The FJ is hard to beat, but we bring so many people with us off road that the back door in the FJ became a "cool" inconvenience.

Sorry for the extra backstory, just felt that I needed to explain the circumstances a bit. So to answer your question, I love both PUs and SUVs. I think overall, SUVs are my preferred rig. The extra comfort for your passengers makes the lack of a bed worth it for me.
I am alone and don't need much space but at my age comfort is a big thing. My PU wont give me comfort so I guess this discussion has helped me to decide what I want for an off road rig, The Land Rover Discovery is pure comfort and will go anywhere a jeep will go, and carry 3 passengers if someone happens to want to come along. I do pull a small 13" trailer on most of the roads I will travel. If it's really back country then sleeping in the rig or a tent is okay too if it's only 2-3 day outing. Thanks for the answer and happy trails..

Reactions: Drifterman

Radred12FJTT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

View attachment 90950
View attachment 90953
Welcome to the community! Nice looking Tacoma!

LX Caetano

Rank 0

Traveler I

Pickering, ON, Canada
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Caetano
Always good to to see new Canuks joining up! Great rig. You have some pretty awesome destinations in your back yard in Ontario, and can head west or east pretty easily!

Check out Canada - Central (QC ON) for local contacts and events near you. If you ever head to the east coast make sure you let us know!
Thanks! Definitely planning on heading to the east coast this summer at some point!

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
My name is Charles
Location for now Reno Nevada
Tahoe 4x4 5 inch lift 35 inch wheels modified for camping and off road
I am an avid outdoors man, camping, fishing, hunting, free rock climbing (not rock crawling), motorcycles and more.
I am looking forward to learning how to improve my rig and join up with people for some fun.

20170909_165813.jpg

I now have a custom built Low profile canoe rack instead of the foam blocks... lol
20170827_164114.jpg

Full size tempurpedic foam bed with storage underneath.
Tahoe.jpg

180553PS.jpg

I have 1 inch insulated camo panels for all my windows.

50799546_10157141834026738_1319531390621974528_n.jpg

Last edited: