Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Quakertown, PA, USA
Member #

Hello, new member here. I have been overlanding since before it was "Overlanding" Lot's of trips in the Canadian bush fishing, hunting in Maine and just old fashioned truck camping in the woods of Pennsylvania. What brought me here was the purchase of a 2017 JKU Rubicon Teraflex ST3 lift Fox Shocks on 35's and finding the videos on You Tube. I was on the fence about joining for about a year but the content on several vids including but not limited to the OverlandMD put me over the edge to join. Retired last year and bought this JEEP and outfitted it for this hobby.

Attachments

TheGasquatch

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi everyone, my name is Chad Gasper and I am located in Rocklin just outside Sacramento. Recently purchased a 2018 Raptor and my brother-in-law pointed me to this forum. My wife and kids have been itching to go on some weekend adventures and overland camping seems like a great way to go. Looking to find some easy-moderate places to start that are not too far from home, (possibly el dorado natl forest) and hopefully be able to do some fishing along the way. Any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hi everyone, my name is Chad Gasper and I am located in Rocklin just outside Sacramento. Recently purchased a 2018 Raptor and my brother-in-law pointed me to this forum. My wife and kids have been itching to go on some weekend adventures and overland camping seems like a great way to go. Looking to find some easy-moderate places to start that are not too far from home, (possibly el dorado natl forest) and hopefully be able to do some fishing along the way. Any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
In 1947 I lived 65 miles NE of Sacramento in a place called Outingdale. It was close to a place called Young's, then just a spot in the road. I went to school in a place called Mt. Akum , that had only one room, one teacher and 8 grade levels. I believe the Sacramento river tributary ran right through Outingdale. I broke my neck there diving into muddied gold dredging water. The fishing and hunting were beyond belief back then. I use to see herds of deer (thousands) roaming the deep canyon valleys. We use to drive to Placerville for groceries every 3 months or so. That area has much to offer and many historical places because it was the heart of gold mining country back in 1849 when gold was discovered there. I'd give a lot to get back there and may do so within the next year.

VI Overlander

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Fanny Bay BC Canada
Ham/GMRS Callsign
chernoble
Welcome to Overland Bound, @VI Overlander, from your neighbor across the Sound and a little south of the border. As I am sure you have already experienced, your province is filled with beautiful sites to see for an overlander. It is also a fastly growing area for Overland Bound members, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound Canada West (B.C.) Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you have questions about where to go on the mainland, I recommend talking to @CR-Venturer, as he has explored a lot of B.C.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
I have logged some big miles exploring this province as well but there are still so many untouched spots. I’m headed to Oregon in less than 3 weeks for 7 days of exploring. Good to be apart of a great forum, I plan to contribute our many adventures

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi from South FL, I like to adventure around the area from the keys to the Palm Beaches and out to Naples , I would like to get together for some trips with some people around the area.
Here are my current rides:
Great looking Land Cruiser you've got there! Welcome to Overland Bound

glideking

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Petaluma, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6YPF
Kurt here from the Bay Area. Overanding since the 70's finally joining the group to meet up with others. We have an XP Camper on a Ram. Just got back from Utah's Elephant Hill trail. We like to camp out in the wild.

Attachments

Trudog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sammamish, WA 98074, USA
Member #

Hello, Trevor here I am in the Olympia WA area. I used to camp when younger and now getting back into it with my son. I got a 2018 taco pro with Sliders and a couple lights still figuring out what I need next.
Welcome Trevor! Outlander is a awesome father son bonding experience! Hope to see you on the trails soon!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

My name is Scotty Morris. I do not have a rig yet but I hope to get started on that soon. I am wanting to get involved in overloading and I'm in the very beginning. Just wanted to say Hi.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! New member here. Located in San Diego, California. Fairly new to overlanding in general and always looking to learn more about everything. My rig is a 2008 FJC 6-Speed.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
West - San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

Your Regional Director is @Narbob

Reactions: iLikeEatPoo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kurt here from the Bay Area. Overanding since the 70's finally joining the group to meet up with others. We have an XP Camper on a Ram. Just got back from Utah's Elephant Hill trail. We like to camp out in the wild.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Trevor here I am in the Olympia WA area. I used to camp when younger and now getting back into it with my son. I got a 2018 taco pro with Sliders and a couple lights still figuring out what I need next.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from South FL, I like to adventure around the area from the keys to the Palm Beaches and out to Naples , I would like to get together for some trips with some people around the area.
Here are my current rides:

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: TheGasquatch