Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hello,

Glad to be here. I'm probably an oddball compared to most:

1) Not an offroader... yet:

2) Newport News, VA

3) 2017 VW GTI, but looking at 2016 and up Wranglers, 4Runners, and Tacomas...

4) I'm a total novice, but mechanically-inclined and prep-oriented. I'm a 30-year Coast Guard veteran. I off-roaded a '93 Pathfinder on easy trails and beaches in the 1990s. But I didn't keep the truck for long. I've only camped a few times as an adult, most recently was about two years ago on an overnight bicycle ride. I've been inspired by Overland Lifestyle to get out and see/do more. My wife and I are watching their series now. I'm a road warrior and enjoy driving tours. We'll start off with car-camping just to learn how to camp again, especially TOGETHER. :wink: We'll start at a nearby campground, then one that's about 100 miles away, then we'll do some camping road trips. Once we have a system for camping, then we'll look into getting a rig that can take us where our VWs cannot. I guess that's backwards compared to others here. Will we be "microlanding?" :tonguewink:

Take Care,

Scott

Welcome from Arkansas and thank you for your service. I'm an Air Force brat.

Reactions: SFarrell and Cendee

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Howdy!! Had my truck for a few years but just found this forum.

1) View attachment 90417

2) Suburbs of Chicago, but you're just as likely to see me down south, up in WIsconsin or out in the Rocky Mtns.

3) 2015 Ram Sport 1500 with some A/T tires

4) Novice to Intermediate Overlander but Expert outdoorsman
View attachment 90418
Beautiful pictures!!!!!

Reactions: CaptFinny

Radred12FJTT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

Live in the Kansas City area. Long time auto enthusiasts, but novice at Overlanding. Love the outdoors and travel a lot with my wife and dogs.

Me: ‘16 Tacoma TRDS DCSB w/ Alu-Cab and ARB RTT - primary rig
Wife: ‘06 4Runner - Daily

Will be hitting some weekend trips this spring/summer. Prepping for an extended trip in AZ, UT, CO, NM in September. Have a lot of questions regarding permits, reservations, and regulations at state parks, etc. Excited to dive into this forum.

Cheers,
Rob
Welcome! AZ has some beautiful landscapes. Lots to explore.

Reactions: RheoRunner

Radred12FJTT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

1) View attachment 90417

2) Suburbs of Chicago, but you're just as likely to see me down south, up in WIsconsin or out in the Rocky Mtns.

View attachment 90418
Welcome from AZ! I grew up in Chicago. Nice looking Ram.

Reactions: CaptFinny

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello,

2) Newport News, VA

4) I'm a total novice, but mechanically-inclined and prep-oriented. I'm a 30-year Coast Guard veteran. I off-roaded a '93 Pathfinder on easy trails and beaches in the 1990s. But I didn't keep the truck for long. I've only camped a few times as an adult, most recently was about two years ago on an overnight bicycle ride. I've been inspired by Overland Lifestyle to get out and see/do more. My wife and I are watching their series now. I'm a road warrior and enjoy driving tours. We'll start off with car-camping just to learn how to camp again, especially TOGETHER. :wink: We'll start at a nearby campground, then one that's about 100 miles away, then we'll do some camping road trips. Once we have a system for camping, then we'll look into getting a rig that can take us where our VWs cannot. I guess that's backwards compared to others here. Will we be "microlanding?" :tonguewink:

Take Care,

Scott
It doesn't matter what you drive!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!!!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound who is the member Rep in your area.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Contributor I

Boise, ID
Member #

Hey guys,
I'm currently in the process of building up a custom camper on the back of a 1987 jeep comanche. Lots of work and details in it. I'll try to post up a build thread soon. In the meantime I have lots more pictures on instagram. User name is @sasquatch.the.nomad

I currently reside in Boise Idaho but will be leaving in less than two months. I'll be driving the jeep up to Alaska where I work for the summer and then my wife and I will be touring Canada and the US as we make our way down to Mexico next spring.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello,

2) Newport News, VA

Take Care,

Scott
Great plan you have there. I used to microland in a VW bug. Had some of the best times of my life in that little beast. Welcome to OB.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello everyone, a new member to OB, joined about 57 minutes age, order the Ultimate membership package, can't wait to receive it, just surfing the pages here to get to know my way around the site
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Planning a trip, tell us about it. Have questions? Many here to help!
www.overlandbound.com

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America
www.overlandbound.com

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

SFarrell

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reservoir, North, Newport News, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Farrell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4WMF
It doesn't matter what you drive! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!
Thanks for that, @Hank Outdoors. When first learning about overlanding, the overwhelming theme seemed to be (paraphrasing), "Overlanding is off-road (but not necessarily hardcore); everything else is just car-camping." I'm going into this with an overlander's mindset, just with being restricted to the road, and hope to acquire gear that will transplant from my VW to a future rig.

Great plan you have there. I used to microland in a VW bug. Had some of the best times of my life in that little beast. Welcome to OB.
Thanks, @Cendee! When I first started to dream-up ideas for this pursuit, I thought I'd camp alone in a small cargo trailer conversion. My wife is a home-body and I didn't think she'd be interested. But she has surprised me and wants to take part in this adventure. We're going to start with a road trip to southern Maine next weekend. We'll do the hotel thing for this trip because it'll be fast-paced, distant, and time-limited. The main goal on this trip is to simply knock out some miles confined to the car to see how we do. It's been 10+ years since the last time we took a big trip. Military transfers and visits home, thanks to generous military leave allowances, were great for thrusting us onto the road every year. Now we'll try some weekend trips to see how we like it.

Melro Panday

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

American Canyon, CA, USA
First Name
ROMMEL
Last Name
ANDAYA
Member #

Hello everyone. I drive a 2006 Honda Pilot with a mild 2"lift. I'm very new on this overlanding adventure. I'd like to get my wife and kids away from electronic screen once in a while. LOL. Well, me as well. LOL.
We are from American Canyon California near Napa, California.
I think I will be upgrading to a diesel Jeep Gladiator once it's out because the wife says so.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello everyone. I drive a 2006 Honda Pilot with a mild 2"lift. I'm very new on this overlanding adventure. I'd like to get my wife and kids away from electronic screen once in a while. LOL. Well, me as well. LOL.
We are from American Canyon California near Napa, California.
I think I will be upgrading to a diesel Jeep Gladiator once it's out because the wife says so.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Planning a trip, tell us about it. Have questions? Many here to help!
www.overlandbound.com

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America
www.overlandbound.com

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Thanks for that, @Hank Outdoors. When first learning about overlanding, the overwhelming theme seemed to be (paraphrasing), "Overlanding is off-road (but not necessarily hardcore); everything else is just car-camping." I'm going into this with an overlander's mindset, just with being restricted to the road, and hope to acquire gear that will transplant from my VW to a future rig.

Thanks, @Cendee! When I first started to dream-up ideas for this pursuit, I thought I'd camp alone in a small cargo trailer conversion. My wife is a home-body and I didn't think she'd be interested. But she has surprised me and wants to take part in this adventure. We're going to start with a road trip to southern Maine next weekend. We'll do the hotel thing for this trip because it'll be fast-paced, distant, and time-limited. The main goal on this trip is to simply knock out some miles confined to the car to see how we do. It's been 10+ years since the last time we took a big trip. Military transfers and visits home, thanks to generous military leave allowances, were great for thrusting us onto the road every year. Now we'll try some weekend trips to see how we like it.
The best way to look at it is...You have a vehicle now. Load up your camping gear. GET OUTSIDE AND EXPLORE! Not all amazing places are off road! My wife and I LOVE to explore old general stores, scenic overlook spots, waterfalls, etc. Most of these you can get to on pavement.

Best thing is to just go and find out what you like and don't like and plan that into future upgrades! If you find places you want to explore, but can't get to with your current rig, start a travel log and mark them all down to visit in the future!!!

Adventure is Necessary!!!

Hank

vdeal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New member hello here.

Location - northern West Virginia but hang out all over the Appalachian Mts.
Rig - 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Long Bed - yep, the rare one.
Overlanding Experience Background - not quite sure how to rank myself but probably moderate. I've driven some pretty extreme places. Former rigs were a 90 4WD Subaru Loyale, 95 Land Rover Disco and a 99 F150.

I have decades of experience backpacking, hiking, mt biking, fishing, skiing, canoeing, caving, etc. but want to use my vehicle a bit more on the base camp side of things so I'm looking at a RTT and setting up a camp kitchen so I can extend recent day outings into multi-day and not be at the mercy of the clock.

Last edited:

TacomaDave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

1) View attachment 90417

View attachment 90418
Welcome. Nice rig and cute kids